Hello Nurse, Meet Kevin Jonas

Taking a Chance

Image

Chapter 4: Taking a Chance

Kylee glanced at her watch as she unlocked her door. She needed to hurry if she wanted to see the boys before the concert. She was supposed to be home over an hour ago but she had a patient code at the last minute and she had to stay until he was stable; now she only had thirty minutes to make herself presentable.

She quickly tossed her bag on the counter and hit the play button on her answering machine as she ran to her room to find something to wear. As she dug through her closet, she listened to her messages.

“Ms. Wilson, this is Mary Sanderson from Human resources at Woman’s Hospital. We unfortunately won’t have an opening in Labor and Delivery like we originally thought, but if you’re interested we will have an opening in the Nursery. We look forward to hearing from you.”

Not what she wanted, but it was a good fall back if St. Dominic’s didn’t pan out. She quickly tossed an outfit on her bed and ran to her bathroom to jump in the shower.

As she quickly showered and finished getting ready, Kylee found her mind drifting to a certain curly haired Jonas. He had been the last person she had expected to see when she opened that door.

To say she was surprised would be an understatement. Never before had a patient been able to fluster her quite like he did.

Kylee usually prided herself on being an outgoing person, it came with the field, but with Kevin it was different. He made her feel like a blushing school girl again, and it wasn’t because he was famous; sure, initially she may have been a bit star struck, but as she learned throughout the day; Kevin, as well as his brothers were just extremely attractive, genuinely nice guys.

Missy would be a prime example of just how nice they were. When Joe bought that teddy bear for Missy, Kylee’s heart melted just a bit, and the way all three of them interacted with her was amazing.

You could just tell that they truly loved their fans. They didn’t just rush off after a few nice words like most celebrities would; they actually stayed and talked to her. Nick especially made Missy’s day by giving her an extra long hug and a kiss on the cheek before leaving. And you had to hand it to Missy; she didn’t squeal like most fans would. She just blushed like crazy and held her tiny hand over the cheek he kissed. You can bet it will take her mom a while to talk her into washing her face again.

As Kylee ran her staitener through her hair for the last time her phone rang. Picking it up from the counter she noted the odd number on the screen.

“Hello.”

“Nurse Kyleeee, where are you? We’re about to go into lock down and if you don’t show up soon I think Kevin’s gonna pass out again.”

Kylee laughed, “Joe? How did you get my number?”

“I didn’t, this is Kevin’s phone. I… Kevin stop.”

“Joe give me the phone… give me the…”

Kylee heard a bang before Kevin’s voice filled her ear, “Kylee?”

“Hey Kevin.”

“Look Joe’s right, we’re about to go into lock down. How far are you from the venue?”

Kylee rushed around gathering her things as she answered, “Actually not far, I haven’t left yet but I live in the apartment building behind the hospital so I’m only about five minutes from the venue but with traffic I don’t know how long it’s going to take to get there.”

Kevin sighed, “You’ll never make it through that mess in time. Look I’ll send someone to come get you; they can use the lights and get you here a lot faster okay.”

“That’s fine; how long until you go into lock down?” She asked.

“Fifteen minutes; what’s you’re apartment number?” Kevin asked.

“It’s 2B.”

“Okay, someone’s on their way; it shouldn’t take them too long to get there. He’ll have your passes so you shouldn’t have any problem getting through; text me when you get here, and if I can I’ll meet you at the back entrance.”

“Okay, I will.” Kylee mumbled as she attempted to put her lip gloss on.

“And Kylee?”

“Yes?” She asked as she put the top on her lip gloss and tossed it into her purse.

“I’m really glad you’re coming tonight.” Kevin stated shyly.

Kylee smiled, “I’m happy to, I mean it’s not everyday that a girl gets to see her favorite band up close and personal, thank you for inviting me.”

Kevin laughed “It was my pleasure. After all it was the least I could do after you took such great care of me this afternoon.”
Kylee blushed, “Thanks but I was just doing my job. Though I do have to admit, having you for a patient made it much more enjoyable.”

“Oh really? Well I guess I’ll just have to get sick more often so you can come and take care of me.” Kevin teased.

“Umm… I,” Yes Kevin really did have a knack for flustering Kylee. As she tried to formulate a response a knock sounded at the door.

Kylee sighed in relief, “Well that’s my ride; I’ll see you in a few minutes okay.”

“Alright, see you in a few.”

XXXXXXX

Kevin had a smile on his face as he ended the call.

“You really like her don’t you,” Joe said from his position on the couch where Kevin had pushed him.

Kevin sighed, “Yes Joe, I really do. She’s just a really amazing girl and I think there’s potential for something great between us if given the chance.”

Joe got up form the couch and dusted the wrinkles out of his clothing, “Then take the chance and go for it; you never know until you try.”

Kevin ran a hand through his curls, “I plan to, but the question is will she?”

“Well I can’t answer for her, but in my opinion from watching her today, I’d say she likes you.”

“You think?” Kevin asked as his phone beeped, signaling he had received a text message.

“Is that her?” Joe asked.

Kevin smiled, “Yeah, she’s here.”

“Well what are you waiting for? Go sweep her off her feet oh romantic one.” Joe said as he motioned towards the door.

Kevin just rolled his eyes in response to his brother’s antics as he headed towards the back entrance to meet Kylee.

XXXXXXX

Kylee found herself suddenly nervous as she spotted Kevin walking towards her. She didn’t know how to greet him. Should she hug him, shake his hand, just smile.

As she pondered over this Kevin answered the question for her by grabbing her in a tight hug, “Kylee you look amazing.”

Kylee blushed, “Thanks, you don’t look half bad yourself,” She added as she gave him a once over.

Kevin nervously cleared his throat, “Well, umm we should get back to the dressing room. We only have about five minutes until lock down.”

Kylee tried not to blush as he took her hand in his and led her down the hall.

As they made there way towards the dressing room Kevin cleared his throat once again, “So I was wondering, would you perhaps like to go grab a bite to eat with me after the concert?”

Butterflies erupted in Kylee’s stomach, “I would love to Kevin.”

Kevin sighed in relief, “Really? That’s great!”

As they arrived in front of the dressing room Kevin opened the door allowing Kylee to enter first. As they entered five sets of eyes turned towards them instinctively causing Kylee to pull her hand from Kevin’s.

Upon seeing this Nick shook his head pulled out his wallet and slapped some money in Joe’s awaiting hand.

“What was that for?” Kevin asked clearly confused.

“Oh you know,” Joe stated mysteriously.

Kevin blushed crimson as he marched over and knocked both of them in the back of the head, “Next time find something else to bet on.”

Noticing Kylee’s questioning look Kevin shook his head, he would tell her about it later.

“So Kylee, you’ve already met my mom and those two over there, this is my dad Kevin sr.”

Mr. Jonas stood up and shook her hand, “It’s nice to meet you Kylee.”

“It’s nice to meet you too,” She replied as she returned the hand shake.

“And this little man right here is Frankie.” Kevin added as he ruffled Frankie’s hair.
“Hey, I’m not little,” Frankie replied indignantly.

“I agree, after all what little guy do you know that has a nick name like tank.” Kylee stated as she bent down to shake his hand.

“It’s nice to meet you Frankie,” She added as she shook his hand.

“You can call me tank,” Frankie said as he returned the hand shake.

“Alright Tank it is then,” Kylee added as she stood up.

Frankie jumped up from his seat walked over to Kevin and whispered not so quietly, “You need to marry this one, I like her,” causing Kevin and Kylee to blush and everyone else to start laughing.

Once everyone had calmed down Mr. Jonas spoke up, “Kevin you might want to show Kylee where she’ll be for the concert, lockdown is in less than two minutes.”

XXXXXX

“So you’ll be right there beside Missy, the best seat in the house,” Kevin said as he pointed to where she would be for the concert.

“So I’ll see you after?” Kylee asked.

“And during, you’re on my side of the stage so I’ll be able to see you.”

“Okay, so I guess you should be going, don’t want you to be late.” Kylee stated as rocked on her feet nervously.

“Yeah,” Kevin agreed as he began to walk backwards.

“Just one more thing though,” He said as walked back towards her.

“Yes?”

“This,” he stated as he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek.

“See you later Kylee,” Kevin added as he took off towards the dressing room.

Kylee held her hand over her cheek in shock as she walked over to Missy.

Did her really just….

“Did Kevin Jonas just kiss you?” Missy questioned excitedly.

Why yes, yes he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first of all, I am sooo sorry about the lack of updates, but school has really been getting to me.

Second of all thank you guys so much for reading, reviewing and sticking with me on this as well as G.B.B.R, I really appreciate it!!

okay guys we're at eight stars, lets try and get it up to ten okay.... and as always your comments are greatly appreciated!

Oh and this picture was brought to my attention by:RawrSaysDino9, and I'm inclined to agree with her, it fits this story perfectly!! So thanks RawrSaysDino9,