I Could Always Make You Smile

Can't We Just Be Robots?

I paced back and forth, as I waited for Malia to get back from her date with Thomas. I was nervous as all hell and I just didn't know what to exactly say to her. How do you tell your best friend that you slept with your one sworn enemy?

That's just not something you talk to a person about everyday! I sat on my bed and began to take deep breaths, the other girls in the room staring at me like I was crazy. Finally after what felt like a century of waiting Malia stormed in not looking at all too happy.

"Bloody hell!" I looked at her shocked as she plopped herself down onto her bed. She looked up at me and sent me the worst glare ever.

"You! You were supposed to keep that bloody git occupied!" Huh?

"Excuse me?" She growled and fell back onto her bed the rest of the girls trying to make their way out of the room before they themselves would get snapped at.

"Malfoy! Ruined my big chance!" Okay, now I really was confused, what the bloody hell happened? This must've been some date.

"Okay...Malia, calmly and softly tell me what happened." Malia looked up at me from the bed and I took a seat beside her. She sighed and sat up bringing her legs close to her chest.

"Well, the date went well it's just not...he's not..." She bit her lip looking down and I smile softly at her.

"He's not Blaise." She let out a sigh and then looked back at me.

"I saw Blaise afterwards and was so close to knowing how he feels about me...then Draco walked in and ruined everything." Now I get it. Draco really is a git. My git but still.

"Oh, hunny, I'm sorry. But um...I'm sure you'll have another chance, you know men. Possibly, if you keep making him jealous by dating Thomas something might actually happen and he'll step up and be a man. By the way, I slept with Draco." I said all in one breath and then got up walking away from Malia. I turned my head looking at her over my shoulder as I bit my lip, my heart pounding hard against my rib cage. This was not going to be pretty.

"Excuse me? What did you say?"

"Maybe Blaise will man up?" I smiled at her cheekily and she glared at me standing up herself and grabbing my shoulders.

"No, Selene, the last part."

"I uh...slept with...Draco." Her eyes went wide and her jaw dropped. She tried to form words but she was in such shock she really couldn't. Instead, she screamed, throwing her hands up in the air and then glared up at me. She might have been a shy Ravenclaw but...when it came to me she could be very outgoing.

"What? How? When? WHY?!" I grabbed her shoulders and sat her down as she began to hyperventilate. Well, I had to tell her eventually.

"Um...well...to be honest, I went to him when I had gotten into a fight with my mother. She was in her drunken state as usual and she was pissed at me for some reason. She began swinging and throwing bottles; I didn't know where to run. I thought of you but...you were in France then. So, I ran to Draco's I was suppose to go over there anyway the next day so I took all my stuff and just left. When I got there Draco was the only one up with his friends, Flint, Crabb Goyle, even Blaise was there. When I got there, he instantly told everyone to leave the only one who protested was Blaise wanting to make sure I was okay. Draco made him leave eventually and then...he cleaned me up." Malia looked like she was about to tear. She knew the situation between my mother and me and she was always there for me when I needed her and I loved her for that. I could see she felt bad for not being able to be there for me that night.

"After that one thing led to another...it was nice Malia. He was so...gentle and sweet. I never would have thought that Draco would be like that in bed, not with all the rumors about him in school. But he was, he treated me like a princess and then I avoided him like the plague. Right before Draco got to you, I had told him that I was a bit saddened at the fact that it was him, because I wasn't in love and whatnot although I really didn't mind it being him. We've settled it now and it's all in the past so me and him can both move on." I cracked a bit at that last part. Malia smiled at me sadly, and opened her arms. I crawled into them, resting my head on her shoulder.

"You really think you'll be able to move on after that, Selene? You can't keep lying to yourself about your feelings." I glared at her pulling away.

"You do it." She just stared at me and chuckled.

"I know but...look at where it's gotten me. On a date with a boy I don't even really like and the guy I do like just...I don't know." I sighed and we both laid back on her bed.

"We're horrible aren't we?" I laughed and so did she.

"Tell me about it." That reminded me...

"There's a bit more..." Malia shot up and looked down at me, the face of, 'what now' on.

"I told Potter we could have drinks when we go into Hogsmead next week." Malia fell back down onto the bed shaking her head.

"Bloody hell woman...he's going to kill you if he finds out." I laughed and nodded my head. Oh, yes he will.

"Shut up...at least it's not a date, date. It's butter beers." Malia smacked my arm as we both laughed.

The drama of trying to figure out ones feelings is way too much. Can't we just be robots?