‹ Prequel: Fake Boyfriend

I'd Do Anything For A Smile

I Know Who You Used To Be

{Abby's POV}

"Morning Abby"

"Morning Jill." I smiled as I entered my salon. Jillian, or Jill, is one of my best friends here in Fountain Valley, CA. [about ten minutes from HB] She's worked with me for almost two years now.

"What are you doing for Emily's birthday tomorrow?' she asked as she was organizing her station for the day.

"I was thinking the Zoo and the beach for the day." I told her as I put my apron around my waist.

'Fun." she laughed and sat in her chair. "So Abby, my best friend."

I sighed as I flipped through the book with our clients for the day in it. "What?' I asked knowing nothing good is going to come out of this conversation.

She laughed "Well so I have this date next Saturday and he has this-"

"No." I cut her off.

She pouted. "But you didn't even let me finish."

"So, like you said I'm your best friend. I know when your trying to hook me up."

She sighed and stood up walking towards me. "Don't think of it as hooking up, think of it as meeting someone knew."

"Well when you put it that way."

"So you will?"

"No!"

"But why!" she whined. "You never date Abby. You deserve to have fun."

I sighed. "I have fun."

"Playing hide and go seek with a three year old is not consider fun."

"She's almost four." I retorted.

"Abby!" she sighed dramatically."Just one date please, please! Besides it's going to be a double date." She pouted even more.

I sighed. "Your worse than Emily!"

"Is that a yes?" I nodded my head. "Score!" she clapped her hands. "Don't worry your going to have so much fun. I promise."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm so excited." I said in mock enthusiasm.

****************************************************************************************************

I opened my car door and placed my purse onto the passenger seat. Grabbing my cellphone from it I dialed River's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Riv, it's me."

"Hey Abbs, where over in Huntington Beach." I gulped at the name.

I haven't really stepped a foot in Huntington since we came back here. It's weird I haven't seen any of them in these past four years. We live in Fountain Valley which is about ten minutes from HB, and I haven't run into any of them at all.

"Okay, I'll be there in ten. Business was slow today so I closed early today."

"Sounds, good. See you soon." and with that he hung up.

I sighed as I put my keys into the ignition and started it up and headed for Huntington Beach.

Maybe they wont be living there anymore. Maybe they moved to LA or something. I sighed, I knew they would never permanently leave Huntington.

Ten minutes later I pulled up into the beach parking lot and grabbed my purse.

I looked around and sighed as I watched people swimming and running around the beach. I missed this beach, even it was about ten minutes away, I'd usually drive out of my way just to be in Long Beach or Newport.

"Mommy!!!!" I heard Emily squealed. I laughed as she tried to run in the sand.

"Hey baby." I smiled as I bent down and picked her up, spinning her in my arms. When I stopped I placed her on my hip as her tiny arms wrapped around my neck.

"I love you mommy." she said as she kissed my cheek.

"I love you too." I giggled and walked us towards River. "Did you build this sandcastle?' I asked Emily.

She nodded. "Me and Unlce Riv did." I put her down next to the castle and she went back to working on it.

"So work was slow?" he asked as we sat down on the sand.

I nodded with a yawn escaping my mouth.

"River?" a woman's voice asked. I turned to look up, placing my hand over my eyes to block the sun. "River Peters? Is that you?"

Oh my god, it couldn't be.

I quickly turned away and looked back at Emily who was looking at the woman asking for her uncle.

"Tia?" River asked. "Tia Jamenson?"

"Yeah." she laughed. "When did you get back?' I sighed when I realized she didn't noticed me.

"About four years ago."

"Oh." I could here the sadness in her voice. I looked over at her and noticed she was looking behind her with a frown. I looked past her and noticed everyone was sitting behind her, some looking over at us. I watched as Zacky made his way over here and stood next to Tia.

"River this is my husband Zacky."

Husband? She married him, while I was gone.

"You got married." River laughed. "I remember you telling me you were never going to get married." I smiled at the memory remembering the same thing River did.

"Well." she smiled as Zack pouted at her. "I fell in love."

"Good for you." he said with a smile on his face.

"Who's this Tia?' Zack asked as he sat down next to her.

"Oh right." she laughed. 'This is River, uh Ab- um Peters."

"Oh." was all Zack said as he realized with the last name he was my brother.

"Yeah." she nodded. "have you seen-"

"Mommy!" Emily cried.

I crawled over to her and placed her in my lap. I could feel Tia and Zack watching me, taking in every move and sound I make.

"What is it baby?" I asked her.

"I gots sand in my eye." she cried. I giggled and blew into her eye trying to get the sand out.

"Better?" I asked her. She nodded. I smiled at her and turned around to face them again.

Tia was gawking at me, knowing it was me. Zack was looking at me like I was a ghost from the past, and River just smiled knowing that this was something I wanted for a long time.

"Ab-Ab-Abby?' Tia stuttered. I nodded my head as I kissed Emily's cheek. I watched as Tia's eyes looked at me and she flicked them to Zack, who was doing the same. "Who is this?' she asked.

I smiled. "This is Emily. Emily say hi to Auntie Tia and Uncle Zacky."

"Your not...uh" Tia began.

I shook my head. "I stopped blaming everyone after I had Emily." I smiled and kissed her forehead again. "She made everything all right."

Tia smiled and I could tell she was about to cry with the tears in her eyes. "Thank You." I nodded.

"Guess what Auntie Tia!" Emily exclaimed.

Tia laughed as Emily crawled over to her and sat in her lap. "What?"

"My birthday is tomorrow!"

"Is it really?" Tia asked with a smile on her face. She looked at me knowing who's else birthday it was.

"And it's daddy's birthday too."

Zack choked on his beer. "Her dad is uh" he said as he scratched the back of his head. I nodded. "Wow. Does she know who he is?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "She wants him for her birthday."

"I see." Zack said as he looked at Emily who was playing with Tia's hair. "How about you two come over tomorrow, will do a joined birthday."

"Zack." I said softly.

"I'm not taking no for an answer." he said cutting me off. "You haven't seen Brian everyday for the past four years. He's losing his mind Abbs. He's drunk most of the time. He's having a one stand about everyday. He's just unstable without you. I think he needs you and Emily in his life again. I don't want to watch him die anymore."

I bit my lip thinking of what Zack just told me. Brian was miserable. He could be the most happiest guy alive but he's wasn't without me.

"Fine but she's only four so try to limit the alcohol."

Zacky laughed. "You'll have to take that one up with Jimmy."

I smiled and nodded my head thinking of all the past drunken nights with them. "Alright."

"I'll make sure Brian is sober for this birthday." he smiled at me.

I nodded my head. "Thanks Zack."

He shrugged. "Anything for you. We all missed you."

"I missed you guys too."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the late update I was at the HARLEY 105th all weekend and I had alot of summer homework to do...since it stars Wed. lol

and just for having 10 stars with only two chapters I'm going to update as much as I can today.

cOMMENT pLEASE