‹ Prequel: Fake Boyfriend

I'd Do Anything For A Smile

Before You Let Me Fall

{Brian POV}

Happy Fucking Birthday to me.

I groaned as the sun was seeping through the windows waking me up. Another year older, another year without her.

I heard my front door slam and feet running up the stairs before my door busted opened. "Brian up and shower." Zack said as he threw my close at me. "Slut you have ten minutes to get out." he stated before he left my room again running down the stairs.

"Are you going to let him talk to me like that?" she scoffed.

I shrugged. "Better do what he says." I got up and went into the bathroom locking it behind me. I took my shower and washed last nights adventure off of me.

After I was changed I left my room and walked into the kitchen were Zack was making coffee.

"Is she gone?" I asked as he sat a mug and Tylenol in front of me, nodding his head. "Thanks."

"So we're all hanging at my house for your birthday today.' he said sitting next to me with his own coffee.

"Fun." I stated sipping my coffee. "Cant wait till I get shit faced."

He laughed and shook his head. "Your not aloud to be drunk today?"

"Why its my fucking birthday?'

"Just let me tell you, your going to want to be sober today."

I shrugged it off and asked. 'When does it start?' I asked looking at the clock that said it was noon.

"Two."

****************************************************************************************************

We arrived at Zack's house around two-thirty for my party. I looked at the mailbox and sighed.

"Why are there balloons on the mailbox?" I asked as we walked to his door.

He shrugged. "Surprise?"

We walked into his house and everyone yelled Surprise to me and I thanked them.

I walked straight to the cooler and grabbed a beer before Zack took it out of my hands. "Hey what the hell?' I asked.

"No drinking." he stated opening the bottle and drinking it himself.

I glared at him and took the bottle away from him. "If I cant drink neither can you."

"Fine." he sighed and poured the beer out. Wasted a perfectly good beer all for a fucking surprise. Screw surprises give me a fucking drink.

"Zack." Tia yelled caring in a cake from the kitchen. "Time for cake" she said setting it on the table. "Come here Brian."

I sighed and sat down in front of the cake. It was blank with no writing on it, just what I'm assuming 28 fucking candles.

"Okay make a wish." Val cheered.

I sighed and closed my eyes wishing for the same thing I wish for every year.

Abby.

I blew out the candles and opened my eyes and looked around nothing...again.

I sighed and picked up the knife. "Who wants cake?' I asked ready to cut it.

"Wait no." Tia said as she pulled out the candles and replaced it with a 4 shaped candle.

"Uh." I said staring at it confused. "Whats with the four?'

"Surprise." Zack said and everyone nodded.

"You got me a four shaped candle?" I asked. "um thanks?"

"Shut up Haner, it's not for you. Its for the little one." Jimmy said. The little one? What? "Ow What?" Jimmy asked Leana who elbowed him.

"Idiot." all the girls mumbled.

"Alright I'm confused?"

"Mommy?' I heard a little girls voice coming from the living room. "Is this my birthday party?"

"Yep." Wait I know that voice. "And it's daddy's"

"Abby." I stood up and walked past everyone into the living room. There stood the little girl from the beach and and and.....

"Abby?"

She looked up from the little girl and looked at me. Her smile fell for a second before it reappeared.

"Hey Brian."

"Daddy!" the little girl squealed running into my legs. Her tiny arms wrapped around them hugging me.

I knelt down to her height and looked her over. Her blonde hair was alot like how Abby's used to be. Now its a reddish brown color with multiple different color streaks in it. Her piercing were gone and her clothes were more sophisticated.

"Mommy!" she squealed again and looked at Abby. "You got me daddy for my birthday!"

"I'm I'm" I stuttered as I looked at Abby.

"Yeah." she said softly.

"Whats your name?" I asked the little girl.

"Emily Briar Haner."

She had my last name.

She had my eyes, my nose. She was mine, she was the only thing that could give me Abby back. And I'm scared shitless.

I hugged her tightly before I pulled away and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry." I whispered and looked at Abby. She looked like she was about to cry as I turned around and walked towards the door.

"Brian don't leave." she said with tears coming from her eyes.

I gripped the door handle and looked back at her. "I'm sorry...I cant.....I cant do this."

And with that I walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
cOMMENT pLEASE

Image