We're Going Live

Thirty One

“Ren?” Mikey asked from outside the door, his voice muffled from the thick wood, “Can I come in?” he asked, if I’d have felt better I would have probably laughed about the fact he was asking to enter his own room. I replied from under the duvet, staring out at the cover which seemed black instead of the dark grey it was supposed to be.
He pulled the covers back, allowing me to get a glimpse of his black eye before I rolled over away from the window, my eyes stinging slightly.

“I can make you something to eat? Or put a shower on for you?” he questioned, tucking my hair behind my ear properly.

“I’m not hungry thanks,” I replied, staring at the opposite wall. The weight on the bed shifted and Mikey sighed for thousandths time that day. He lay down besides me, his eyes probing my back to get me to turn around, “I hate my dad,” I muttered, pushing my face into the pillow.

“No you don’t, he was trying to help you, you know he was,” Mikey said, pulling my shoulder so I was looking at him, “It wasn’t his fault, he just freaked out. You know that,” he said, scratching his neck.

“Dirty old fucker shouldn’t have been looking at porn anyway. And I don’t know why you’re defending him, he punched you,” I pointed out, snuggling back into the pillow, this time facing him.

“He did what any dad would do. Come on babe, look at it his way. All he wanted to do was have five minutes to himself when he’s sees his only daughter on a porn site, that also includes her boyfriend having sex with another man, her boyfriend’s brother jerking off and her having sex with her boyfriends brother –how’d you think he’d feel?” Mikey asked.

“Alright, I get it,” I sighed heavily, feeling him lie beside me.

“Sorry, I don’t mean to sound like a know-it-all or anything, I know you hate it,” he murmured, I felt a small pang of guilt jolt my bones so I gave him a dry closed lipped smile.

“It’s okay,” I started, pursing my uncoloured lips for a second, “I guess I’m just grouchy,” I continued, trying to force out another smile. He nodded and pushed his shoes off, moving each toe individually as if to see if they worked properly.

“Listen, Y’know Gerard?” he asked, swallowing and turning towards me, “I went down to the police station today, after I had dropped you off at school. I don’t think it’s best we live together,” he swallowed again and grabbed my arm when I shot up, about to plead with him to let me stay, “No, I want you stay. I really do. But Gerard told the police he forced us to have sex, to get me out of shit. And you out of shit. He totally lied his butt off in front of court lawyers and officers to get us both out of more trouble than you can imagine. But the police seemed a little agitated by the fact we still share the same house,” he finished.

I tucked my hair behind my ears, almost wishing Gerard hadn’t said that. But then I remembered Mikey would have gone to prison to if he didn’t. I nodded and lay back down on his arm, also tucking my legs up.

“You could stay with my mom though and Charlie will be there, he’ll be happy to see you,” Mikey said, once again looking on the bright side of things.

“He misses Gerard too much, last time I saw him he expected me to bring Gee with me so he wouldn’t even sit with me,” I sighed, “I need Gerard back, I hate not having him around,” I said, watching the television screen as Mikey flicked around on channels, his spare hand drawing circles along my side. I could help but wriggle a bit at the ticklish streak ran down my side, “Stop it,” I whined, knowing he new what he was doing from that knowing ‘Mikey’ smirk on his face. The one where he raises his eyebrows to stop himself laughing.

“I’m not doing anything,” he shrugged, shrieking out when I prodded him gently in his ribs.

“Girl,” I muttered, letting my own squeak pass my lips when he did it back, “Mikey!”

“What! You did it to me!” he grinned indignantly, “Don’t look at me like that, you want my daddy to kiss it better?” he cooed, blinking rapidly when I flicked the edge of his glasses, “Ren! Don’t, my eyes hurt when you do that,” he protested, clutching the edge of them in case I did it again.

“Stop flicking channels, just keep it on something –not Simpsons, I hate them,” I murmured, grabbing the control off him. Mikey rolled his eyes and muttered something about me being the only person alive who didn’t like The Simpsons. I kept it on the news, feeling partially better that other people had worse situations than myself.

… And in our top story tonight a breakout from Newark Security Lock. It was reported just thirty minutes ago that a prisoner attempted suicide making several probation officers had to run to the scene of the prisoner. In this ordeal a Mr. A Johnson did not lock one of the cell doors properly and the un named suspect was able to escape.

Video footage shows him taking off his top layer of clothing and putting them over his head to hide his identity before he proceeds to smash the local bus stops security camera. The suspect has just been confirmed to be the local school teacher, a Mr. Gerard Arthur Way. You are advised not to approach him if seen and contact the police as soon as possible.


I turned, my breathing laboured as Mikey let his arm grow tense against my shoulder.

“You’ve gotta be shitting me,” Mikey muttered when a loud banging suddenly started against his front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay in update, all your comments last nights were undescribably amazing though, especially you guys that take a bunch of time to write what you think ^^