Away from the Sun

Almost...

I slept.. like a rock the last night..

I don't completely understand why.. It wasn't like I did all that much..

Then again, I guess completely breaking your best friends heart can be pretty tiring..

Nothing was going on today. The Queen said that she was going to give us a day off, so that we can get ready for our next mission tomorrow. So, I decided to just stare at my ceiling for awhile.

Boring...

Really....really.. really boring..

..........................

So I did that for awhile. Starring. At the ceiling. Counting how many times I blink in a minute ((My average is about 34)).

I sighed after awhile, and finally decided to get up. Even if nothing was going to be going on today, might as well make today a tad productive. I made my way over to the large vanity mirror that sat in my room. My reflection looked tired as hell when I looked into it, and I sat in the chair. Maybe I should search the droors if this desk that the mirror sat on.. maybe I could find some cover up or something like that. Might as well look pretty for my boring ass day full of nothing!

As I thought, the first droor I pulled open had nothing. Same with the second, third, and forth. I came to my last droor, the fifth, and opened it, not really expecting anything to be in there.

I blinked...

Reaching in, I pulled out a small black bag. It had some weight to it, so obviously something was inside. Hoping it was something of some use, I unzipped it, and flipped it upside down.

And all that fell out..

...was makeup...

I sighed. "I said I wanted some.. but I wasn't serious!"I thought, spreading out the countless objects of vanity on the white marble desk. Eye liner, blush, eye shadow, lip balm.. I can go on.. Though, I can't say I cared all that much.

Never really did wear make up a lot. In fact, most make up would make my skin break out like crazy. And it's not like I ever ever had a boyfriend to actually "pretty up" for.

I poked at some eye shadow. At least they were good colors.. dark blues, purples, blacks, and a few reds. Thankfully, no pinks or baby blues. Maybe I would pretty my self up today...

Though, not like Riku would really ever care..

So I took some of the purples and blacks, using reds as a highlight area for my eyes. Eyeliner, Mascara. You know. The Whole Shabang!

After I was done, I was actually amazed at what my appearance looked like.. Normally I sucked at things like makeup. When it came to doing makeup and taking pictures with friends, I was always the odd one out.

But something was different... Probably the fact that my whole appearance changed when I came into this world. I couldn't help but blink un believingly at my reflection.

I was beautiful

Actually, and honestly beautiful...

My fingers grazed my cheeks, astonished, and a smile appeared on my lips. Sure, this might sound pig headed and self centered..

But it felt good to be so stunning.

But:... This only made other thoughts pop into my head.

I wanted to keep these looks. I wanted to keep this power, and even keep being near Riku.

So.. I was really going to have to throw down Sora and Emmy

No!!

NOT Emmy!!

She changed her name, and so did I!!

She was no longer Emmy! She changed her name to some boyish Sirius!

As I changed MY name to Lillith!!

NOlonger Eriset Knights

Now Lillith Knights

That is who I was..

And who I needed to stay..

So I grabbed the hair brush that was inside the bag as well, and ran it through my blond-near white hair, and devised my next moves in my head..

They went a little like this:

:::
Emm-Sirius has a PURE heart.

I need a pure heart.

So I need to get this from her... or at least use her.

I will go to her..

Tell her I am sick of this world!

Lie

Tell her Riku broke my heart.

Tell her I want to go home!!

Tell her I found a way!

And that way is the Gem

We'll travel up that mountain, together.

SHE will get that gem.

And I'll take it from her.

Use some new spells, leave her near dead, so she cant follow..

Give that gem to Hades, and save mine and Riku's asses.
:::

I sighed as I passed the last thought through my head, and looked at my hand..

I tried to get my mind off of things by trying to read my hands palm lines. But that didn't work. My thoughts kept treading back.

Em-..Sirius didn't want to stay here..

She wanted to go back!

Back to our hellish lives!

She wanted to take this all away from me..

I have everything here! Everything I have always wanted! And all she cares about is getting back to her rich little life.

What do I have back home?! What would I have to look forward to?!

An alcoholic father?!?

To live in a 3 bedroom house with 7 people?!

Or how about the fact of having no friends, no life.

Sure, Emmy is my friend..

But Sirius isn't.

But I can't have Emmy in this world.. And I'm Pretty Much Ok With That.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I didn't think my thoughts hit me that hard. That is, not until I felt something wet on the palm of my hand. I opened my eyes, only to realize that I had been crying..

It confused me really.. but I tried to forget it as I reached for a Kleenex from the edge of the vanity table.

A hand handed it to me, and I spoke a soft "thank you" as I dabbed my eyes.

Wait.. hand?!

I fled from my seat quickly, knocking it over, only to look into his eyes..

I sighed.. "Dammit, Riku..." I said, softly, hiding my embarrassed face in my hands. Two hands came to me, and held my arms, prying them from my blushing features.

"Sorry.." His words were also soft, and he also seemed saddened. ((at least he didn't have smeared mascara...))

"Didn't mean to scare you.. " he spoke again, voice just as tranquil as before.. "I was actually coming in to tell you that I was going to go look for something to have for lunch.. " His words were quick, as if he seemed a tad embarrassed.

I shook my head, really not sure what to say back to him. This was our first time being this close since that time back in Olympus Coliseum, and the atmosphere was just as clouded and foggy as before. Both of us, confused at our emotions..

"Really.." I said putting on a smile.. "It's fine.. I needed to be broken out of that little day dream any way.."

My eyes widened as I felt his hand move up, and his fingers trace my lips. "Why smile.. when your heart doesn't truly mean it?" he asked.

His words greatly confused me. Was he, Riku, talking about the heart, as if he really knew anything about one? Hell.. his heart becomes blinded after all this anyway.. Why should he know, and CARE, about a heart?!

Then it hit me.. Riku was truly going through the same things I was going through.. He has also left his family behind. Friends, home, even love perhaps..

Maybe I was looking to him to much as some video game character, and not enough as an actual human being.

I sighed, and looked away. "I'm sorry.." I said, out of nowhere.

Riku looked at me confused, not knowing why I suddenly apologized. But he must have taken it as something, because he answered back. "It's ok.." He said, his fingers now going to my neck, and trailing up my jaw-line. My cheeks turned thousands of shades of red and maroon, and my body felt like it had turned to stone. I didn't move... I didn't know what to do.

But he continued. His fingers didn't move though; they stayed at my chin, holding it up. His voice was soothing as he spoke to me, which only made my blush worse. "You shouldn't sit there and cry like that.." he said, "I like it a lot more when you sit there and smile for no reason.." His free hand came up to my eyes, and wiped away some of the black ((black from mascara)) tears from under my eyes.

I was amazed at the fact that my lips actually curled into a smile as those words left his mouth. He also smiled, once he saw mine. "See..? That's what I'm talking about.." His words were so sweet.. My heart skipped beats when the thought: "He's actually saying those things to me" popped into my head.

A sudden knock was heard on the side of my door, and both me and Riku looked over quickly to see an unfamiliar man standing there. A grin was on his face.. apparently, he'd been there for awhile.

" I'd 'ate ta break up such a cute convo, but tha Queen is aksin' for your presence. 'Eems 'dat your mission 'as been moved to today." He stated, with deep accent. He didn't look like someone from a Disney movie.. so his identity screwed with my head.

As the words left his mouth, both Riku and I realized how close we were. We went from about 3 inches to 5 feet apart within 0.2 seconds. Both of us beat red. The man in the door way chuckled.

"Com'on now!" he said, trying to hurry is. "Queen said 'dat you'll both be lookin around for some puppet." He waved his hands, motioning us to rush quickly, then walked off.

"Wh-.. Who was he?" I asked, trying to change the subject. Even though the thought in my head varied from "Ohhh my God.. he almost kissed me, didn't he?" to "wait.. puppet? That means that we haveta go see Monstro.. Ewww.. whale intestines..."

Riku shrugged at my question, also ready to change the subject. "I dunno.." he said. "Probably one of the Queens mindless lackeys."

I nodded at this. The man really didn't look familiar. I haven't even seen him in any Kingdom Hearts games. So Riku was probably right. Some nobody from a random world, talked into joining the dark side.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair.. "Might as well get this over with?" I asked.

Riku nodded. "Yea.. Com'on, lets go.." he said, walking to the door. I followed him, and walked into the hallway.

It was then that I felt something warm in the palm of my hand. I looked down, and blushed when I saw Riku's hand entangled with mine.

"U-um.." was all I could make come from my mouth.

Riku just smiled to me, and walked, his hand in mine. "Aren't you afraid of the dark?" he asked me.

I nodded softly, which caused him to smile again.

We didn't speak while walking down that all. But our hands tended to get hot with nerves. And that spoke enough for itself.