Courage to Continue

Chapter 20:

Gerard’s P.O.V:

I was first to wake up Tuesday morning. My arms were still wrapped firmly around Minty, holding her close. I could feel her chest move up and down with each breath she took. I lay watching her for quite some time until finally, she woke up. “Mmm” she groaned, rubbing her eyes. “Morning.”
“Morning babe” I said happily, kissing her forehead. A smile crept onto her lips.
“Well, you’re in a good mood” she said. “How long have you been awake?”
“About ten minutes” I lied. At least half an hour had passed since I first opened my eyes. But I didn’t want Minty to know I’d been watching her for that long. She moved out of my grasp for a moment to check the time, before returning to me once again.
“It’s only six thirty” she stated. “We’ve got ages until school.”
“Good. ‘Cos I don’t wanna leave here anytime soon” I said. She cuddled up to me.
“Me neither” she said. “And it’s cold!” I only just realised how cold it actually was. Goosebumps appeared all over my pale body.
“It is cold. Really cold!” I said. “And I have no shirt on.” Minty ran her hand down my chest. “Oh my god! You’re really warm!” I half yelled, taking her hand and placing it on my cheek. She giggled. Suddenly, the door creaked open.
“Time to get up for school!” her mum’s voice echoed cheerfully through the room. “Oh…am I disturbing something here?” Shit! I shrunk back, attempting to hide my face under Minty’s sheets and failing miserably. I blushed.
“Yes mum!” Minty laughed. “Don’t worry. We’ll get up soon.”
“Okay honey.” She waked back out the room.

Minty’s P.O.V:

Oh my god! Gerard was trying to hide beneath my sheets from my mum! He pulled them down, revealing his bright red face. I laughed at him. “Aww Gee! It was only my mum! She doesn’t care!” I said in between laughing.
“It’s just embarrassing ‘cos I’ve got no shirt on, that’s all” he said shyly.
“Obviously! Look at yourself!” I laughed even harder at him. “You looked so scared when she came in! Wimp!”
“Take that back!” Gerard said.
“No. Why should I?” I replied.
“Because…” A grin appeared on his face. “I’ll tickle you to death if you don’t!”
“No!” I shrieked. I was abnormally ticklish. Gerard was about to find that out.
“You leave me no choice” he said simply. He sprung up from bed and leapt on top of me. I attempted to stop him with my hands but eventually, he found a way around them. I laughed hysterically as he tickled my stomach. After what seemed like hours of merciless torture he stopped, allowing me to breathe again. “Wow…you’re really ticklish!” he said, smiling down at me.
“I know! I can’t help it!” I replied. “You’re really cute when you smile.”
“I know! I can’t help it!” he said, mimicking me. “I’d better get dressed. If your parents see me like this they might freak!”
“Aww. But I like you with no shirt! You’re cuddly!” I said, disappointed. “I’d better get ready too” he continued to smile down at me. “Uh…you need to move so I can get up” I said, giving him a strange look.
“Oh, yeah. Right!” he said, getting off of me. “I forgot what I was doing for a moment. When I stare into your eyes, time stops.”