Courage to Continue

Chapter 24

Minty’s P.O.V:

Oh boy. Another night of watching Gerard drink himself stupid. I opened the front door to find him already collapsed on the couch. “Gerard?” He moved his head to face me.
“Baby! You came back!” he said happily. Yep, he was drunk already. “Mikey said you wouldn’t! He thinks you’ll leave me! But you wouldn’t, would you?” I walked over to him.
“Of course not Gee” I said to calm him down. “Come on, lets get you to bed.” I helped him up and to his room. He collapsed on his bed, dragging me down with him. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, pulling me towards him.
“You’re all mine now” he said. The foul stench of alcohol filled the air.
“Gee.” I laughed a little. I couldn’t help it! He was tickling me. “You’re drunk. You need to sleep it off.” At least he was a happy drunk. I’d never seen him this happy whilst drunk before.
“I don’t wanna sleep” he said, planting a kiss on my cheek.
“Well…What are you supposed to do then? You’re drunk Gee. Come on, get in bed.” He planted another kiss, this time on my neck. Gosh, he was so sweet.
“I know what we can do.” His tone had suddenly changed. It was no longer cheerful and sweet. Instead, it had become sleazy and confident.
“Wha…” My voice was cut off by Gerard’s lips colliding with mine. He forced his tongue through my lips and was exploring my mouth. Oh great. Not only could I smell the alcohol, but now I could taste it too. Gerard didn’t seem to notice me cringe as he kissed me, his arms still wrapped firmly around me. Finally, he pulled away. “Gee. That’s enough. You’re too drunk. Let me go” I said. He didn’t move.
“No.” What!? What does he mean no!? “You love me Minty.” He smiled wickedly.
“Of course I love you Gee! But you need to let me go.” I was starting to panic. What was he up to?
“Show me how much.” He started kissing me again. My heart began to race. Exactly how did he want me to show him? As he kissed me, his hands slid down to my belt buckle, fumbling with it. What the fuck!? My mind was doing loops as many disturbing thoughts entered it. He’s drunk. I’m not ready for this. By the time my brain had registered what was happening, it was too late. Tears escaped my eyes and ran wildly down my face as he undid my jeans then his. Oh no! Fuck! I don’t want this! Couldn’t he tell that from my distressed facial expression! He must know I’m not ready! His sweet lips pressed hard against mine prevented any of my thoughts turning into words. I was trapped in a terrifying situation, unsure of what to do. What could I do!? I twisted around beneath Gerard, struggling to escape his strong grip on me. Struggling…and failing. I closed my eyes tight as he forced me to receive the worst pain of my life…both physically and mentally. The initial shock left me unable to speak. I was not ready for this. He knew that…he had to know. My own boyfriend raped me.

I lay shaking and in the worse pain of my life as I quietly waited for Gerard to fall asleep. The instant he did, I put my jeans back on and ran out the door, straight into a terrified Mikey. “What the hell happened in there Minty!? Gerard was swearing at the top of his lungs!” I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I leapt forward and hugged Mikey, crying my heart out. “What’s wrong?”
“Gerard…he…he…” I couldn’t bring myself to say it. Mikey’s face suddenly went paler than usual as he realised what had happened.
“Oh shit. No. He didn’t. He couldn’t!” he said. I nodded. Mikey hugged me tight. “I’m so sorry Minty.”

Mikey’s P.O.V:

Fuck! I can’t believe Gerard would do that! What was wrong with him!? I stroked Minty’s back as she held onto me, hugging me for comfort. She was crying hysterically, but who wouldn’t in a situation like this? She was raped by the one she loves the most. Gerard had betrayed her. Asshole…“Thankyou Mikey” Minty said, pulling away from me.
“Will you be alright now?” I asked, wiping away her tears.
“Mhm” she replied, nodding her head. “Bye Mikey.” She walked out the front door. Poor girl.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry if that was crap...but it was really hard to write! Thanks for reading so far!