Courage to Continue

Chapter 29

Gerard’s P.O.V:

“Hey guys!” I said cheerily as I approached my friends at our usual table at school. The energy I had was amazing me, considering it was a Monday.
“Hey!” Frank yelled, loud enough for the whole school to hear.
“Gees, calm down!” Mikey said, shaking his head slightly.
“Come sit here Gee” Minty said, moving to make room for me.
“Sure sugar” escaped my lips. Was it too early to be using pet names again? Minty laughed. Obviously not. The guys all exchanged confused glances. Mikey must’ve told them what I did…I sat down, an uncomfortable silence filling the air around us. I knew they all wanted to pry into mine and Minty’s relationship.
“So…You guys back together…again?” asked Ray. Here it goes.
“Yep!” Minty answered, turning to smile at me. I still didn’t understand how she could possibly love me.
“Well that’s great!” Bob said. Another uncomfortable silence took place.
“So…Do you guys wanna have band practice tonight?” I asked, changing the subject. “It’s been a while.”
“Yes!” Frank said excitedly. “And then we can drink and party after!”
“Actually, we can’t drink because I threw out all the booze yesterday” Mikey said. Frank looked puzzled.
“Why would you do that?” he asked.
“Well…” Mikey looked over at me. “Gerard’s quit drinking.”
“Really!?” That’s great!” Ray said, hi-fiving me across the table.
“Yeah. Well it was ruining my life” I admitted. “And I was taking someone else down with me.” I grabbed Minty’s hand softly. She grabbed mine back.
“I’ll have to bring my own booze then” Frank said.

Minty’s P.O.V:

Yet again, I had come to watch My Chemical Romance practice. They were going to get somewhere one day. I could tell. They played with all their hearts and souls. Every time Gerard sings, it sends shivers down my spine. His voice is so damn perfect! After many hours of both serious practice and just goofing around, we all went into Gerard’s and Mikey’s room and had ham and pineapple pizza for late tea. I hate pineapple on pizza so I picked it off and hand fed it to Gerard. I could tell he liked it as he smirked across at me, licking his lips. I love it when he smirks at me. After pizza we all sat around and talked. As Frank had mentioned before, he did bring his own alcohol. I felt so sorry for Gerard who was forced to sit and watch him drink, unable to have any himself.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

Agh! Frank just had to bring alcohol, didn’t he!? It’s killing me to watch him drink! Who knew that quitting would be so hard!? I looked over at Minty, knowing that it was all worth it. I left the group and headed to the kitchen to get a coffee. Coffee solves everything. “What are you up to Gee?” Minty’s voice came from behind me. I turned around.
“Coffee. Want one?” I offered.
“Sure” she replied. I made her one too and we sat down on the couch in the lounge room. “So” she said, taking a sip of coffee. “Did you enjoy the icky pineapple?”
“Sure did” I replied, smirking.
“I don’t see how. Pineapple is disgusting!” she said.
“Aww” I said, pretending to be shocked. “How could you!?” She laughed at me, almost spilling her coffee. “Be careful, don’t burn yourself.”
“Oh.” She stopped laughing and finished drinking her coffee, as did I. I heard Frank yelling from my bedroom.
“Let’s play murder in the dark!” Judging by how pissed he sounded, I thought that would be a bad idea.
“Uh…should we stop Frank before he breaks something, like his neck?” Minty asked.
“Nah, he’ll be fine. Mikey’s there” I said, reassuring her. I grabbed her hand. “And I wanna stay here with you.” She giggled sweetly.
“You’re so sweet Gee” she said, smiling at me. I smiled cheekily back.
“I know.” Minty laughed.
“And cheeky!” she added.
“Oh, you love it babe” I said, planting a kiss on her hand. She giggled. I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her softly on the cheek. She giggled again, wrapping her hands around my neck. I ran sweet soft kisses across her jaw, causing Minty to giggle more. She seemed extra happy tonight. I moved my lips to hers, barely touching them. Minty moved her hands to my hair and pushed my lips harder against hers, deepening the kiss. I softly nibbled her bottom lip before running my tongue across it. She opened her mouth, the strong taste of coffee filling me once again as my tongue grazed against hers. Her mouth was always warm and inviting. Our tongues continued to fight for dominance, with me the winner. I placed my hand on Minty’s chest and gently pushed her back onto the couch, crawling on top of her. I broke the kiss and stared down at her lovingly, taking in her every perfect detail. Her beautiful dark brown eyes, cute smile and rosy cheeks. How was I so lucky to have her?

Minty’s P.O.V:

Gerard lay on top of me, staring down at me in awe. His eyes were so bright and full of lust and his lips were curved into an innocent smile. After several minutes of staring back at him, I placed my hand behind his neck and pulled him down to me, our lips colliding. He moaned as I forced my tongue back into his mouth. He moved his hands up and down the sides of my body, eventually resting them on my hips. I weaved my hands through his hair, softly pulling on it at times. “Ahem” Mikey coughed. Gerard scrambled off of me, falling onto the floor with a thud. Mikey laughed hysterically.
“Ouch!” Gerard said. He got up and rubbed him bum. I turned my head slightly to find Mikey and the others trying their hardest to hold back their laughter. I blushed deeply.
“Uh…how long have you guys been there for?” I asked, feeling completely humiliated. They all gave up trying to hold back their laughter.
“Long enough” Ray replied between laughing.
“You had no right to watch us making out!” Gerard said, his face bright red like mine.
“Aww…Gee’s embarrassed!” Bob said.
“Look at him blush!” added Frank. His cheeks went a darker shade of red.
“Whatever” he mumbled, looking at the floor.
“Aww…we’re sorry guys” Mikey said. “It was just way too tempting not to snoop! As soon as Minty left the room and didn’t return, we knew what you’d be up to.”
“You still had no right to watch” Gerard said softly, still staring at his feet.
“But it was fun! Which makes it okay!” said Frank. “And hot too.” Gerard looked up and glared at him, as did I.
“Frank, please don’t say that about your best friend and his girlfriend” Ray whined. “It’s weird!”
“Fine. But it’s true” Frank sulked. “You two are the perfect couple.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry I'm a really slow updater!