Courage to Continue

Chapter 6:

Minty’s P.O.V:

I woke up to find Gerard’s face only an inch away from mine and his arm over my waist. I felt my face go red as Gerard slowly opened his eyes. “Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” he said as he moved away from me and took his arm back. “I don’t know how that happened.” His face was redder than mine. He looks even cuter when he’s blushing.
“That’s okay” I replied. “I’m gonna go get changed.” I got up and walked into the bathroom where I left my clothes and got changed. When I finished, I gave Gerard his clothes back. “Thanks” I said.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

“No problem Minty” I said as I took my clothes from her and dumped them on my bed. “Mikey has already woken up and gone to get coffee and breakfast. Wanna follow?”
“Sure” she replied. I lead the way to the kitchen and she followed. After we had all eaten a few pieces of toast, we grabbed our bags and left for school. Mikey ran and caught up with Frank, Bob and Ray. I was left alone with Minty.
“So…um…” I couldn’t think of anything to say.
“Why did Frank call you a wuss yesterday?” she asked. Oh crap. I can feel my face heating up.
“Well…um…just because.” I can’t tell her that I have a huge crush on her! What if she didn’t feel the same? That would kill me.
“Because why?” she asked me, looking into my eyes. This is gonna take a lot of effort, effort I don’t have. Why can’t I just tell her!?
“Because…I kinda sorta was meant to…” I stuttered.
“Oh, don’t worry. I think I understand” she said, smiling sweetly at me. How did she know? Was it that obvious?
“Really?” I asked. My heart skipped a beat.
“Yes Gerard.” She laughed at me. I can’t believe this! How could she know? “It’s okay. I felt the same way when I was younger.” What?
“Huh?” I said, confused.
“You shouldn’t be ashamed of your fears” she said. She grabbed my hand. What the? What fears? As we reached the school, Ray turned around.
“Hey Gee! Are we in the same class…” He stopped what he was saying as he noticed our hands. I quickly pulled them apart. Why had she held my hand in the first place anyway? “Did you? Are you?”
“What are you talking about Ray? I was only comforting him” she said.” We’re just friends” she murmured. Did she really mean that? I was hoping we could be more. Maybe she misunderstood me.
“Oh” Ray said, sighing. “Do we have maths together first lesson?”
“Uh, yeah. I think so” I answered. “We should probably go to class.” The bell rang just as I finished talking. “Cya next lesson Minty.” I took one last look at her before I walked off to maths with Ray. I was so confused!