My Life So Far

That Message

I hadn't seen Josh in a few months, we went to see HSM3 back in December and that was at the beginning of the summer holidays here in the land of Aus. It was now March and school had started back, so uni must have as well. That also ment my cous would back on the area.

I was getting really frustrated, there was only two more weeks left until the Easter holidays, but i was over school all ready. All i wanted to do was have a week off, or a weekend to totally revitalise myself; but as if that was ever going to happen. I sat there at my desk staring at my phone next to me, hoping it would ring. Nothing. I turned to the computer in front of me and continued composing my song for music class.

* * *
Ring... sounded my phone. I picked it up and read the text. Yo cous! How are ya? Hows school going? eeek! i squeaked as excitement ran through my veins just thinking about seeing him again.

Na, I'm going home for the holis. "..." What, going home? That means we're not going to be able to hang. But he promised! Darn him.
Ring...ring I opened the new message. Hey i hope you don't mind, but Frank was asking for your number so i gave it to him. Frank? what would Frank want with my number?

As i lay there on my bed contemplating the pros and cons i got another message "Well someones popular today." I opened it and to my surprise it was Frank. Hey Jess, It's me; Frank. How are you? I hope you don't mind, but Josh gave me your number. How was your day? Got anything planned for the holidays? Oh my gosh. As a smile slid across my face, i stood up and walked towards my mirror and started to fiddle with my curls. Sighing, i tied them up in a neat bun and added a bow, then made my way down stairs to the fridge. It was so typical of me though, I'm never hungry yet i always eat. I guess i just need something to do, somewhere to go and there's nothing. Grabbing out the apple and blackcurrant juice, i poured myself a drink then went for a walk.

It was freezing! I pulled my jacket around me as i turned into the park and walked up the hill towards the swings. As i sat down, i heard footsteps coming towards me from the top of the hill. I looked up and saw my mate Jason's buddy Michael walking towards me, his hair draped across his face. Hiding behind his fringe, i could still tell it was him as he sat on the bench adjacent to the swing set. I put my hood on as i dragged my feet threw the tam bark that surrounded the playground.

"Hey, how's it goin'?" Asked Michael from his perch.

"Not to bad... yourself?" I was stuck on what to say, I've spoken to this guy almost every night on MSN, yet i couldn't even strike up a conversation in person.

"Been better, can't complain i suppose. I hate this weather."

"Oh. It's not too bad, i prefer it to really hot weather; i hate it when its over 30 degrees, i melt." A look of confusion washed over my face as i held on to the chains of the swing and started to push myself; we were talking about the weather.

"True." He stood up and walked over to the empty swing next to me. "Do i know you?"

"Not in person no. Your friends with Jason right?" I wanted to make sure it was him.

"As in guitar Jason?" He asked as he sat down.

"Lol. Yeah, your Michael right? I talk to you on msn."

"Oh yeah, your that friend of his...you live around her don't you?"

I looked up at him and smiled, "Yeah, yeah i do. Just down there." I pointed down the hill in front of us. At that moment, i got another message.