What a Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy

Anything

"Brendon?" I said. It was the next day and I was in my first class.

"What?" he asked.

"Does Ryan ever talk about me?" I asked.

"Sometimes," Brendon said, thinking. "He doesn't talk about you too much."

"Oh," I said.

"Why?" Brendon asked.

"No reason," I said. "Just curious."

"Is something wrong between you two?" he asked.

"No," I said. I answered too quickly and knew Brendon didn't believe me.

"If you say so," he finally said. I sighed when he didn't say any more.

"I'll tell you," I said. "But we'll do it after school. Ryan's not driving me home so I'll stay behind to tell you."

"Thank you," Brendon said.

I know I hadn't been planning on telling him anytime soon, but I need to get this over with. The walls are too close. It won't be much longer until they finally completely surround me. Brendon was basically my best friend now. He deserved to know what was going on. The only thing that I was afraid of now was that Ryan would find out that I was going to reveal everything. Something I had promised him I wouldn't do. I loved Ryan so much, I would do anything for him. Except hold onto this secret for any longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short update. Thanks to everyone who's commented, etc.
More comments??
~Sally