What a Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy

"Just do what you're told."

After getting back to Ryan's house, I carefully got back into Ryan's bed, wrapping my arms around him and holding myself close to him.

"Jenny?" Ryan mumbled.

"Go back to sleep," I whispered. Ryan rubbed his eyes.

"Where did you go?" he asked.

"I couldn't sleep so I took a drive," I said.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" he asked, yawning.

"Cause of earlier," I said.

"Are you going to be able to sleep?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. "Everything's better now."

"What do you mean?" Ryan asked.

"Don't worry about it," I said. "Just go back to sleep."

"Fine," Ryan groaned, wrapping his arms around me as well. I pressed my face into Ryan's neck and kissed the soft flesh gently.

"Night," I said. Ryan didn't say anything. He was asleep already. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"So are you going to tell me why everything is fine now?" Ryan asked when I came downstairs after waking up.

"What?" I mumbled, still half asleep.

"Last night," he said. "You said everything was fine now."

"You actually remember?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Ryan. "So what happened?"

"I talked to Brendon," I said. "He doesn't suspect anything. He thinks I'm with you just because I love you and I don't care about what you did."

"Ok," Ryan said. "That's good."

I sat next to Ryan and watched as he ate his breakfast. I wanted to tell him that I loved him, but I don't think now was a good time to do it just because of the current situation. When all of this was done I'd tell him.

"Are you hungry?" Ryan asked. I shook my head. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said.

"I don't buy it," Ryan said.

"Well, I'm fine," I said a little more angrily than I meant to.

"Just tell me," Ryan said. I glared at him.

"I can't," I said.

"Why not?" Ryan asked.

"Because the subject is one you don't want me to discuss out in the open," I said. Ryan sighed.

"You're still mad about that?" Ryan asked. "Just do what I told you to. No big deal."

"It is a big deal," I said. "I don't want to do this."

"Well it has to be done if you want this to work out," Ryan said.

"Why can't you understand why I don't want to do this?" I asked.

"Why can't you understand that it's no big deal?" Ryan asked in return.

"It is a big deal!" I said. "I don't want to do that to him."

"Jenny!" Ryan said. "Not here."

"What-the fuck-ever," I said, standing up.

"Just do what you're told," Ryan asked. "The sooner you do this, the closer we are to getting this all over with."

"I hate you," I said, starting to leave the room.

"No you don't," Ryan called after me. He was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so you know, the argument between Ryan and Jenny has to do with the secret. So, if you don't know what's going on, that's a good thing cause you're not supposed to know what's going on lol. And I was telling iRock, that if it makes you feel any better, I don't even know what the secret is lol.
Comments??
~Sally