Status: hiatus

You Make My Heart Implode

Location, Location, Location

Cat

"Cat, guess what" Envy comes bounding towards me from across the parking lot as I escape the tour bus for the last time.

"What?" I groan, my mind complaining even more so because my thoughts of Violet have depressed me so much. Nobody has ever been able to have such an effect on me before. It's antagonizing.

"Violet is going to Stockholm. Isn't that great!" she more states than asks with her bright eyes shining.

I internally die. Should this be a curse, or some strange blessing in disguise? My somewhat blank expression is showing god knows what to Envy as she stares at me before taking my silence at a cue to leave me to my morose thoughts.

The plane ride home leaves me with too much time to think. But by the time I get home I'm exhausted enough to pass out instantly as I fall onto my own bed which I've missed so much.

Before Taime Down can start singing I deny the incoming call as to silence my ring tone. I'm too tired to take a call. What asshole would call me at…well six PM would seem a normal time but I've hardly been home yet. A voicemail alert pops up.
I rub my temples and decide to listen to it as I am already awake anyway.

"Why didn't you tell them?" Violet's voice. I wait but all that comes after a couple of seconds is

"End of-" by the computer which I cut off,

It doesn't take long to realise the reason. It just comes out of my mouth aloud.—"Because I like you." And that’s all it takes.
How she got my number isn't relevant, what is important, is telling her my answer. Maybe it's my weariness but I don't care. I want her to know. But there is no number left. So I call Envy. She will have it.

"Fuck off, Cat" dial tone. Well that was successful. Maybe I should sleep and try again later.

"So you answer now?" Twelve midnight seems a better time to call.

"What do you want, Eric?" Envy responds, clear voiced and obviously wide awake.

"Violet's number. She called last night"

"I dunno...I'm not sure if she would want you to have it" Envy hesitates.

"If she didn't want to talk to me, she wouldn't have called"

"When I find out where she is working, I'll let you know" replies coldly.

"Envy!"

"Night, Eric" dial tone.
I am so sick of her hanging up on me! now I'm stranded without a paddle or a prayer until that ginger bitch clicks her fingers. Damnit!

Days spent mooching around alone. The best of us can find happiness in misery, right?
I stare into my fill coffee cup as I sit by myself in a restaurant, the same thoughts running through my mind as when I left Violet's hotel room that morning, and the extra ones that got imprinted there after she called.

"Hi, Cat" that velvet voice, slightly northern English accent.

"Vi?" my head snaps up to meet her soft gaze.

"You didn’t call me back" she slides into the empty seat opposite me and faces her palms down on the table top, red skinny un-chipped nail polish, gleaming.

"Envy wouldn't give me your number" I reply, unable to keep my stare from sweeping her smooth, pale face, perfectly applied minimal makeup accentuating her flawless bright eyes and full lips.

"Ginger bitch" Violet mumbles, using the exact bad insult I used earlier.
It’s a bad insult because Envy isn't ginger; she has chocolate hair that is dyed pillar box red as we all know.
Violet peels her eyes up from the table top and looks at me directly. "Why didn’t you tell them?"

My throat suddenly feels dry as a desert, my fingers curl around the coffee, bringing it to my mouth before I can speak. I place the cup back down and reach across to her cold hands.
"I think more of you than that, I didn’t do it for something to talk about" I smile hopefully at her.

Violet lets her eyes meet mine for a second where I see a film of added moisture covering them before they flicker back down.

"Oh" is all she can whisper "I...I have to go. I have work to do." Her hands pull away from mine and her seat slides back while she jumps to her feet.

"Wait, Vi'. Can I have your number?" it sounds as if I'm begging. Is this really me?

"Sure" she flips her phone out, plays with a few buttons and by the time I feel a vibration in my pocket, she's gone. She's gone and I couldn't even stop her.
I look at my phone and read the message with her name in it, instantly saving it. This is where things are gonna get tricky I assume.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really really sorry that these are so short but by updating alot very quickly it sort of evens out....right?
Next update will probably be a long one but I'm not sure when it will be out.
Thanks for the comments guys I love them<3 xx