Cause I'm Five Minutes Older

All Of Us

Mikhail came running down the stairs to the basement room. At the bottom he appeared to have a letter in his hand. He waved it.
“Guess what we got?” He held it out for me to look at.
“Mr. Mikhail Zhenechka and Ms. Abigail Jonas, Department of Public Services. It’s our application reply!” I jumped up and waited for him to neatly open the envelope.
“’Mr. and Future Mrs. Zhenechka we are proud to present you with a date for your formal marriage ceremony. The date is set for September 18th at 6:00 pm.’” I kissed him and kissed him again. Ekaterina came down the stairs and excused herself for interrupting.
“The furniture guys called and said they finished.” I looked at the last remaining box in Mikhail’s room. He decided might as well move in now. Not wanting our first week of marriage to be full of moving. “It’s all set for living and that’s good because your family’s flight comes in in an hour.” Mikhail kissed me once more.
“I’ll take this box and finish unpacking and you go to the airport and get your family. I’ll see you at home, precious.” I kissed and hugged him one more time before leaving with Ekaterina. Once arriving at the airport and finding a place to park the flight in and passengers unloading. I watched the people rush past. Eager to see my family my eyes darted around until I saw the oh so familiar curly hair of my brother. I rushed over to him and jumped into my twins arms.
“Nicholas! It’s like I haven’t seen you in years!” I let go of him and hugged each of my remaining family members. So happy to see them all. They sent their possessions a few days ago so they were already at the flat waiting. Joe spotted Ekaterina behind me and winked. She chuckled not amused by my older brother. With that we all trooped to the car and piled in. She drove us back to my flat.
“I’ll see you tonight at dinner, Abbi. Tell Mikhail good luck.” She smiled and winked at me. I giggled and got out of the car. My family unloaded and we all trooped into the building and to the elevator. All jamming into the small space until we reached the sixth floor. I walked to the door and unlocked it and lead everyone inside. Mikhail stood and turned off the TV as he saw everyone. I smiled and walked over to him. I wrapped my arm around his waist. Everyone shifted to see him.
“Everyone this is Mikhail.” I spoke English, which still feels a little awkward after speaking Russian non-stop for so long. My dad stepped forward. “I’m Paul. Abbi’s father.” He held his hand out, all business. Mikhail shook it.
“Mikhail Alexeiovich Zhenechka.” I smiled at him almost laughing. He doesn’t know them well enough to introduce himself by only first name. Nick was the next. They nodded at each other. They bro hugged. Nick talked to Mikhail when he talked to me. They we’re kind of friends. Joe tried to be cool and bro hug too, but Mikhail just shook his hand, Kevin and Danielle too. My mom hugged him fully before he insisted not to. Frankie just stood there awkwardly when Mikhail offered him a hand. Frankie was too cool for hand shakes, or hugs.
“That’s my little brother Frankie. He doesn’t shake hands.” I tell Mikhail. I look to my family and walked to the first bedroom and opened the door. It was the one in the corner between the kitchen and bathroom. “Mom and dad this is your room.” I walked past the big bedroom to the one next door. “Kevin and Danielle.” Then to the next in the opposite corner from mom and dad’s. “Joe and Frankie here’s yours. Nick You get to stay with me in my room if that’s okay?”
“I can sleep on the couch if you want to stay with Mikhail.” He said in Russian so the family couldn’t understand. He was the only one who knew Mikhail and I had been sharing a bed. I wanted to keep it that way.
“No. You can stay with me.” Then switching to English. “Mikhail will be on the couch. “Are you guys hungry? Cause I can make something. It’s lunch time.” I looked at my family waiting for my families answer. They shook their heads. “Okay then, um you guys can get unpacked. Make yourselves comfortable.” I followed Nick into mine and Mikhail’s room. I sat on the bed with Mikhail. Nick opened one of the boxes he sent. It had my favorite guitar in it.
“I took special care of this package.” He smiled at me and I hugged my baby close. I leaned it up against the wall. Mikhail took my hand in his rubbing circles with his thumb. Nick chuckled at us. “You two are too cute.” He mumbled sounding a little jealous. Making me realize that this is the first time we both aren’t in love at the same time.

I woke up in bed without my sister. I got up wondering where she was. She fell asleep here last night. I walk out to the living room/ dining room and see her cuddled on top of Mikhail. Dad came out of his room and looked at the two. He smiled, “Cute isn’t it.” Then walked into the bathroom. I sighed thinking this would trouble him. It seemed no one really cared. That’s when I decided that tonight I’ll sleep on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two More Chapters...
<3 Kelsey