The Best Of Both Worlds

Ch. 46 'Now What?'

MILEY'S POV
"Lumiere, wait!" I yelled. I turned to Blake, who was still on the floor, staring at it. Then I noticed Mason and Trace. They were both standing there. Mason looked down at Blake and Trace was looking at me. I ran after Lumiere before she did something stupid, something she'd regret later.

"Lumiere?" I said when I was outside. She was sitting on the porch crying. I sat next to her. "Lumiere?"

She looked up at me. "Now what?" she asked me. "I just told my big secret and neither one of them likes me and what? I'm supposed to live miserable for ever and pretend like this never happened? Just let my sister and Trace stay together and get married? Let Mason slip from my hands?"

I was about to say something, but the door opened. I turned around and saw Mason. He walked down the steps and past us. I glanced at Lumiere and saw her looking at him. Fresh tears were coming out of her eyes. "Lumiere," I sighed.

She stood up and I thought she was about to go inside but she didn't. "Mason wait!" He didn't turn around. He kept walking to his car. I watched as she ran after him.

REGULAR POV
I can't believe I just did that. I'm pretty sure they already knew though. They did hear me and Miley talking about it when we were hiding by the bar, but now they really know. Now everyone knows. I looked into space and cried. I kinda hated Blake right now.

I heard the door open and then Miley was sitting next to me. "Lumiere?" she said softly.

I looked at her. "Now what?" I asked. "I just told my big secret and neither one of them likes me and what? I'm supposed to live miserable for ever and pretend like this never happened? Just let my sister and Trace stay together and get married? Let Mason slip from my hands?"

Before she could answer the door opened and then Mason was walking down the sidewalk without a word. Tears came into my eyes. I saw Miley look at me, but ignored her. I stood up. "Mason wait!" I called but he didn't stop. He didn't turn around. He didn't say anything. I ran after him. I didn't know what I was going to say or what I was going to do. I just knew I had to go after him.

"Mason," I said softly when I made it to his car. He was about to get in, but he looked at me. I just stared at him. I didn't know what else to do or what to say. He got into his car and slammed the door. I opened the passenger door before he could lock the doors. I got into the car and shut the door behind me.

He looked over at me. "Get out of my car," he said calmly.

"Mason, why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Doing what?" he asked, his voice cold this time.

Tears stung my eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall. I had to be strong. "You're being mean for one and you're leaving. Are you leaving because what I just said?"

"I'm leaving because it's getting late and I want to go home," he said.

"I think you're lying," I said looking down.

"I think you need to get out of my car," he said angrily. I looked at him. "What if I don't want to?" I moved closer to him and closed my eyes. I kissed him softly on the lips but he pushed me away. I looked at him with a hurt expression on my face. He leaned over me and opened my door. "Get out," he said without looking at me. Tears. Tears. More tears. I got out of the car and shut the door behind me and he sped down the road.

I just stood there looking after him with tears rolling down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.
yes, this is the end of this story.
I loved this story,
i love everyone who has read and/or comment.
I love Trace && Mason! X]

Thank you for reading.
<3brii