My Life... Bleeding on the Bathroom Floor

Heart Warming

I swung back and forth, pumping my legs, flying higher and higher. I was alone in the park. It was two in the morning, and I need the time alone anyway. I would like for Frank to be here, but I wanted to let him have fun with Gee and the guys. I snuck out of the house as Frank left for Gee and Mikey's house. I couldn't help but smile.

Knowing Frankie, he's probably thinking, What if she's hurt? What if her medicine is empty? Or she can't find it? Or if she fell and hurt herself! Oh no!

I'm fine, I know this, and I'll tell him tomorrow that I was fine all night, and that I went for a trip to the tiny park on out block. He won't mind it much. I feel like he's my big brother or my Daddy sometimes, and I wonder if my real Daddy was as nice as him.

"I doubt it. No one can beat my Frankie." I said aloud to myself, quietly.

I continued to swing. And soon I began to sing. It was just a song I heard on the radio the morning before. It was totally random... but it was a good song. I skipped right to the chorus, which is my favorite part by far....

"Some people want it all
I don’t want nothing at all
If it ain’t you baby
If I ain’t got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
It means nothing nothing
If I ain’t got you....
" I sang my best.

"Hello? Mercy is that you?" The voice startled me so much I jumped and fell from the swing.

"Who's asking? Ouch...."

"Ray. From school." he said simply

"Oh hey. You remembered my name."

"Well, yeah Frank can't stop talking about you. You're really special to him." I blushed.

"I know... he says he loves me so much, you'd think he was my older brother... or father." I mumbled.

Ray laughed slightly and sat on a swing. I stood up and brushed myself off, placing myself back into the swings seat.

"I'm guessing by the way you jumped you weren't expecting company." he said tentatively, like he didn't want to bother me with the question.

"Uh... yeah. I was hoping to be alone...." I answered quietly. I was still shy about him hearing me singing.

"I'm sorry. I like to walk around here. I didn't know that you and Frank lived 'round here?"

"Yeah, Frank found a new apartment bigger than his older one. We still get to go to school... well... yeah you get it."

"Heh heh... yeah. I moved in with him when my mom went missing... I like it better I must say." I nodded to myself.

"Yeah... I bet you do. I mean your mom was heartless...not like that, but she was like an empty shell walking around."

"She loved my father, and when he died, she was miserable. She married John as rebound, and when he divorced her and then dies miraculously in a car crash... she just cut herself off entirely."

"Oh... well that sucks ass...."

"For her maybe. I know I'll never end up like those kids in the stories with abusive mommy's boyfriends and step-dads... heh heh...." I laughed. Ever since I started reading them, I've been petrified of my mom bringing home another John... one hundred fold....

"Yeah, well are you cold or what?" I asked out of the random blue.

"Yeah it is a bit nippy out tonight."

"Come on over for come tea or something." I smiled warmly.

"Sure thanks. Frank was really right about you...."

"What do you mean?" I asked turning to him.

"You've got a heart bigger than the world." He smiled back.

"Thank you Ray... thank you...." For making my day....