My Life... Bleeding on the Bathroom Floor

Akward Moments

I awoke to a graceful setting, my eyes slowly fluttered open a bit, small rays of sunlight shone through my black curtians from the balcony, but what scared me was that Frank was staring at me. Those half closed green orb-like eyes startled me. I yelped in surprise, falling out of the graceful moment, into an akward one, landing flat on my ass. When I hit the ground, I smacked my head violently against the marble floor. My hands flew instinctively to the back of my head and my eyes shut tight. Tears made it through somehow, and slipped silently down my face. Next thing I know, Frankie's arms are around me, rocking us back and forth.

"It hurts Frankie... it hurts so much." I wispered, voice thick with tears.

"I know it does, I know."

"Make it stop Frankie... please make it stop!" I felt so small and defenseless.

The pain slowly ebbed away. Frank picked me up and set me down on my bed, then walked into the en-suite bathroom. He came back with an damp cloth, icy to the touch, and carefully place it on my head. I winced at the sudden cold feeling on my head, but it soon numbed the pain, turning it into a blissful sensation. I thanked him with the warmest smile I could possibly muster.

"You're such a loving friend, thank you."

"It's nothing really." he blushed, his face a light shade of pink now. I giggled in response.

"My head feels a lot better, could you hand me Nightmare please?"

He got up and handed me Nightmare, I just wanted to toy around for a while. I changed her tune around a bit, finding the right notes, Frank went downstairs for breakfast, so I began writing a song. Writing down about the whole song, and testing the sound mentally, I began to strum the guitar, and sing.

"You're not alone,
Together we stand.
I'll be by your side,
You know I'll take your hand.
When it gets cold,
And it feels like the end;
There's no place to go;
You know I won't give in.
No, I won't give in.

Keep holding on.
Cause you know we'll make it through,
We'll make it through.
Just stay strong.
Cause you know I'm here for you,
I'm here for you.
There's nothing you can say,
Nothing you can do.
There's no other way when it comes to the truth.
So, keep holding on.
Cause you know we'll make it through,
We'll make it through,

So far away.
I wish you were here.
Before it's too late,
This could all disappear.
Before the door's closed,
And it comes to an end.
With you by my side,
I will fight and defend.
I'll fight and defend.

Keep holding on.
Cause you know we'll make it through,
We'll make it through.
Just stay strong.
Cause you know I'm here for you,
I'm here for you.
There's nothing you can say,
Nothing you can do.
There's no other way when it comes to the truth.
So, keep holding on.
Cause you know we'll make it through,
We'll make it through."


I just filled in the blanks, this song almost literally wrote itself...this weird feeling swept over me... his name went off in my head over and over...Frank! Frank! Frank! He was powering the song, he must be....

Hear me when I say
When I say I believe.
Nothing's gonna change,
Nothing's gonna change destiny.
Whatever's meant to be
Will work out perfectly...

Keep holding on.
Cause you know we'll make it through,
We'll make it through.
Just stay strong.
Cause you know I'm here for you,
I'm here for you.
There's nothing you can say,
Nothing you can do.
There's no other way when it comes to the truth.
So, keep holding on.
Cause you know we'll make it through,
We'll make it through,

Keep holding on,
There's nothing you can say.
Nothing you can do.
There's no other way when it comes to the truth.
So, keep holding on.
Cause you know we'll make it through,
We'll make it through.


I held the last note for three seconds, I looked up from Nightmare when I heard a slight clapping from my doorway. My mother and Frankie were standing there. My eyes widened and I could feel my pupils shrink, my stomach dropped and I started to cry. Frank's face fell to a conserned frown, and my mother shook her head as I ran out to the balcony. I put my hand into the tiny slot and pulled slightly. The doorway opened, and I walked inside, holding myself tightly.

I slipped up the staircase, creaking every step I took. I turned the corner, and there it was, my little hideout. I have no clue if anyone other than me knows about this place, I found it so long ago. I doubt it, and no one was smart enough to look in the bathroom closet to find the exit door. I used it when I used to sneek out all the time, fire escape ladder, right off the balcony, parents are so stupid. I sat in the dusty beanbag chair and curled up. That song was for Frankie, but why did he have to hear?