I Kissed a Boy

Six.

‘It is you…’ Alex muttered, not meeting my gaze. I let go of his hand for fear that he’d complain.
‘I’m sorry…’ I told him, trying to make any form of eye contact ‘I’m the reason you’re here, aren’t I?’ He bit his lower lip and tears began to sparkle in his eyes before he nodded.
‘But don’t blame yourself,’ he cut in before I could say anything ‘Cause it’s entirely my fault. I shouldn’t feel this way, I really shouldn’t. But I can’t help it…’ He hung his head and I noticed a few tears fall to his cheeks.
I lifted his chin so that we made eye contact. I felt fresh tears begin to form and they began to stream over my cheeks.
‘What you said…’ I started, seeing more tears pour over his cheeks ‘before you jumped. Did you mean it…?’ He looked at me, as thought he was remembering what he said. I moved my hand away from his face, half expecting him to look away, but he held the eye contact.
‘Yeah.’ he said, finally ‘every word of it. But it’s never going to happen. Not in a million years. Because you’re gonna hate me for saying it.’
‘Lex,’ I said, trying to reason with him ‘Would I still be here next to you, crying, if I hated you?’ He looked at me, his eyes sparkling with even more tears.
‘No.’ he replied, the tears spilling onto his cheeks.
‘So I don’t hate you.’ I told him, pulling him into a gentle hug, not wanting to hurt him any more. The heart monitor changed speed a little before returning to normal.
‘See what you do to me.’ he sighed, occasional tears falling to his cheeks ‘Every time you so much as touch me, my heart skips a beat.’
‘Lex, you’ve got a crush, that’s it.’ I told him, one arm still around his shoulder.
‘And sometimes, your crush finds out that you like them, kinda like I have.’ He looked at me, as though he was wondering where this was going.
‘And sometimes, you find out that they’ve got a crush on you, kinda like I do.’ I told him before gently pressing my lips to his. I pulled away and blushed slightly, realizing how soppy what I just said must‘ve sounded. He smirked when he saw and then rested his head on my shoulder.
‘So, having said all this…’ he started, looking at me ‘I was wondering… would you be my boyfriend…?’ He blushed slightly but I smiled at him.
‘Yeah, I will.’ I said, pulling him into another hug. We sat there for a few minutes until I realized I hadn’t done something.
‘I should probably call your parents now…’ I told him, standing up but getting pulled back down by him, his hands firmly on my hips.
‘No.’ he said, shaking his head but still smiling ‘Not yet.’
♠ ♠ ♠
=]
Writing this makes me smile.
Again, thankies for comments.
xo
S