I've Never Met Anyone so Beautifully Dark

Chapter 18

I keep my face hidden from the large crowd of people surrounding me. I'm surprised my heart hasn't burst yet from how fast and hard it beats. I'm so nervous too. I've only killed once. I didn't plan on killing again. It was a one time thing you know? To try it. I wait for the mayor to get on the stage. He does 10 minutes later, making a speech. It would've been a perfect time then but I couldn't. I don't even have a gun. What am I supposed to do? Jump up on the stage and snap his neck? Twist a knife into his stomach? No. No, I refused to do that when I can easily be captured. A line of officers stand in front of the stage. Their about to do one of those memorial shoot offs.

I watch as they fire off the first bullets. I look closely at their faces till I notice a familiar one. It's Jack. My eyes bulge as I notice the grim smirk on his lips as he keeps his hat in front of his face. The second shots go off. My eyes dance between him and the mayor. I know what he's planning on doing.

I scream, "No!" as he shoots towards the mayor but missing and hitting the Commissioner. It sends everyone in a panic, making them run for their lives as more shots get fired and explosions go off. I start to run towards the same alley only to have my hood ripped off my head and my hair yanked, taking me to the ground. The mask falls off my face. I grunt, staring up at Jacks angry face.

"Move it Doll."

I grab the mask as he picks me up with my hair again, running towards the main street.

"You know, I was pretty positive that you would do this Doll. But instead, you let me down and I had to fucking do it. HA!"

He pulls harder making tears form in my eyes.

"Blair!"

I turn my head in every direction, hearing my name being screamed. My eyes then land on a female with blonde hair. It's my sister. Her eyes are scared, excited, happy and angry at the same time.

"Blair come back!" she shouts again.

"Abbey!" I reply but Joker grabs my throat, pushing me into a van while he jumps in himself. The driver, Dave, speeds off. I start hitting Jokers arm.

"Why the fuck didn't you let her come to me? She's only 17 years old for Christ's sake! I'm her only family and your taking that away from her! I fucking hate you!"

I push him to push myself away. I fall backwards, landing on my back on the hard metal floor with tears pouring out of my eyes. I keep my eyes locked on him. He hasn't moved or said a thing. He's just sitting there like a bump on a log, starring at me. More like through me. I don't even care anymore. I lay there the entire ride home, crying to myself, hugging my knees thinking of Abbey. How she probably knows by now that I chose to not come back. And Bruce. I feel horrible. I don't even know what I would say to him about all this.

-Abbeys pov-

I see my sister getting thrown into a black van by a police officer. He jumps in with her but looks my direction, a horrifying smile playing on his lips before he slams the door and they speed off. My heart pounds as everything around me starts to spin.

Who was that guy?

I look around, "Bruce! Bruce!"

I start to run till I find him by a ambulance. He hears my desperate pleas and turns to me, hugging me tight.

"What's wrong Abbey?"

I stutter madly, "B-Blair! I s-s-saw her! Some officer took h-e-er!"

He stiffens up when I say this. I clutch his arm, pointing in the direction.

"Bruce, we have to get her! Please!"

He pushes my arms down, looking into my eyes, "Abbey, you have to stay here."

Tears start to sneak there way out, "B-but she's my-"

"I know. But this is too dangerous for you. Go with Rachel, she'll take you down to the police department-"

"No! I don't want to spend another week there! I want to come with you and help save her!"

He sighs, taking me away from the large crowds of people. He starts running his fingers through his slicked back, black hair. He stops midway, looking down at me.

"What do you have in mind?"

I grin at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?
Sorry it took awhile, I explained why though.