You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

40

“Frank, man what’s up?”

Gerard was shaking me awake, a look of concern plastered all over his face.

Crap…I must’ve been talking in my sleep, I was having an intense nightmare about David and Charlie...

“Gee could you go get Mark please? He’s just woken himself up with that cough,” Charlie said giving Gee a nudge.

Gerard looked from me to the stairs and back to me again.

“Go on man, we all know Charlie’s too much of a lazy ass to walk the stairs when she’s just woken up!” I smiled.

When Gerard was safely in his room tending to Mark Charlie pulled me into a tight embrace.

“We’re going to have to tell him Frankie,” she sighed.

“I can’t! I really, really can’t Charlie,” I said.

“Frank…..Gerard’s will understand why you didn’t say anything, he won’t be mad.” she begged.

“But what if he thinks we gave David a reason to think we were... you know...”

“He won’t, he isn’t that stupid, but he has to know, I’m not keeping anything from him. We have to tell him.”

“You do it.” I told her.

“What?” she questioned.

“Tell him for me Charlie, please I can’t, he’ll freak out! He will never talk to me again and storm round to moms, you know he will, he’ll attack David and get sent to prison and it will be all my fault because I was a fucking chicken and didn’t call the cops!” I was full on crying with anxiety now.

Damn I really deserve the nickname pansy don’t I?

She sat silently for a minute then sighed and nodded her head.

Just as we pulled away from each other Mark came running into the room followed by Gerard.

“ANKIE!” he screamed jumping on my lap.

“Hey kiddo, and why are we not in bed?” I asked tickling him.

“Charlie, he won’t go back down….he’s wide awake!” Gerard panted.

“Don’t worry about it; I’ll go make him a bottle or something.” I said walking out of the room hoping Charlie would tell him while I was gone.

*Gerard’s POV*

“Gerard….babe….promise me something….” Charlie started sitting on my lap.

I cocked an eyebrow at her before answering.

“Depends on what I’m promising first?” I told her.

“Promise if I tell you something you won’t go mad or get all violent or anything?” she said tracing an imaginary circle on my chest with her fingertip.

Yeah she’s so buttering me up right now…..

But what would she have to tell me that I would get “mad” or “violent” over.

“Well it’s not about me it’s about Frankie, well, kinda me, but mostly Frankie, but he asked me to tell you and I said I wouldn’t and…”

I pressed my finger to her lips in an attempt to stop her rambling.

It’s pretty safe to say I’m now freaked out. Frank tells me everything; I don’t see why he can’t tell me whatever this is….

“Sorry, didn’t mean to ramble….well…do you remember when Frank told us that David had kicked the shit out of him?” she questioned.

How could I forget?

I wanted to kill that fucker there and then but Frank wouldn’t let me.

“Yeah… why?” I asked worry ringing through my voice.

“Well… Frank didn’t tell us the whole story… the reason that David beat him was because… well… because…” she trailed off.

“Because fucking what Charlie?!” I snapped pushing her off me.

“Because Frank found he was kinda, well... He put cameras up in our room... he was trying to catch us having sex to sell as “incest” porn. But when he realised he wasn’t gonna get that he was gonna sell the footage of me, changing... and stuff... Gerard we think he’s a paedophile.” she said really quickly with her eyes shut.

I could feel the colour drain from my face and anger bubbling up inside of me.

That’s it his ass is mine, no-one does that to Charlie or Frank and gets away with it, especially that fucker!

I jumped out of my seat and headed towards the door before Charlie pulled on my arm.

“You promised Gerard! This is why Frank told me and didn’t want to tell you!” she hissed at me.

“Frank didn’t want to tell me?” I asked feeling a little hurt.

“No, because he knew how you’d react and he knew he wouldn’t be able to stop you!” she snapped.

“What else is there that you two haven’t told me?” I asked knowing there had to be more.

“Frank threatened to tell us and the cops, even after David beat him so David threatened you me and Mark to make him give in, Frank was so worried about us that he didn’t say anything to anyone!! And now he’s scared that you’re going to hate him, and that you’re going to go to jail for beating David up and it’s all going to be his fault... he is tearing himself apart over all of this Gerard and he did his fucking best.” Charlie whispered tears filling her eyes whilst anger filled my insides again.

I started back towards the door but Charlie flung herself in front of it.

“He needs us to be there for him Gerard not to make matters worse! I'm fine! The camera and tapes are destroyed; nothing came of it except Frank getting emotionally and physically battered! Now” she said turning me round “Go. In. There.” she said pushing me towards the kitchen.

I walked through the door butterflies flapping round in my stomach as I approached Frank.

“Mark, go find mommy, daddy need's to talk to Uncle Ankie….”

I watched Mark toddle out of the kitchen then turned to Frank

“Gee….what….” he started before I cut him off…..and not by pressing my finger to his lips either…..