You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

41

Frank’s hand flew to his cheek.

I hadn’t hit him hard, there wasn’t even a mark there but I think it was more shock that I’d just slapped him in the face for – as far as he knew – no reason.

I pulled him into a hug and lightly kissed his cheek where I had hit him.

“Gerard…what….I….you…” Frank stuttered.

“Sorry I hit you Frankie, but that was for not telling me sooner, and the hug and kisses are because I hit you and to let you know I’m hear for you,” I whispered in his ear.

I hadn’t let Frank go yet, I think he tried to pull away when I’d finished talking but I just held him tighter.

He let out a small whimper then started sobbing into my shirt.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you Gee…..and I’m sorry I let him do that to me!” he cried.

“Shhhh, Frank you have nothing to be sorry for, you didn’t let him do anything he forced and threatened you, it’s him Frank not you!” I said firmly.

Frankie eventually calmed down and we went back into the front room where he, Charlie, Mark and I had a really weird group snuggle kind of thing…..

*Frank’s POV*

Charlie and I had said goodbye to Gerard, we were staying round Charlie’s mom’s house.

Well it’s her Aunt and Uncles but their not there at the moment so it’s easier to say her mom’s.

Mark’s kind of reluctant to leave Gerard though; Charlie and I are trying to pries Mark off him right now.

“Mark….let….go….of….daddy….” Charlie ordered whilst tugging on him.

“No! Want dada!” he replied tightening his hold on Gee.

Mark! Fucking let go!” Charlie shouted.

In all fairness she kind of had a right to be pissy, she’s been trying to leave for like an hour and a half now, she’s been nice, she’s tried bribery, she’s told him off, she’s threatened him and I think she’s finally cracked.

“Charlie! Don’t shout at him like that! Or swear!” Gerard scolded her

“Oh fuck off Gerard! You know we’re staying at mums tonight and you don’t want us to so you wont help me get Mark off! So if you’re not going to help don’t tell me what to do! I’m his god damn mother!” Charlie snapped.

“Don’t get the ass with me just because he doesn’t want to go! It’s not my fault!” Gerard retaliated.

Mark must’ve got scared when they started to argue because he instantly let go of Gerard and ran to me. I remember what it was like hearing my parents argue. It was horrible, so I cuddled him close and told him not to worry.

“Guys shut the hell up! Can’t you see you’re scaring him?! Jesus Christ! Gerard, I know you don’t want us to go cause we’re not going to be here Christmas either but seriously, give it a rest we promised Charlie’s mom and my mom, and Charlie it’s not Gee’s fault Mark wouldn’t let go, he just loves his daddy and is going to miss him that’s all. Neither of you two needed to shout!” I snapped at the both of them.

They looked ashamed and they damn well should be.

I picked up Mark and walked out the door shouting goodbye and Merry Christmas to the Way’s as I did.

“Sorry Frank,” Charlie said looking at me with a sad face.

“Yeah well you have no idea what it’s like to hear that when you’re a kid Charlie, you scared the shit out of Mark!” I told her.

“I know…..I really am so sorry, and Gerard is too,” she told me, looking at the floor.

“Yeah well, it’s ok, let’s just enjoy Christmas yeah?” I asked just wanting to put all this behind us and have a good time

She nodded and I flashed a cheesy grin before running away from her shouting “race ya!”

I knew she wouldn’t be able to catch up because she had Mark so I was looking back at her laughing when I bumped into someone and fell straight on my ass.

“Oh shit sorry are you ok?” I asked the guy who had also been sent flying.

It wasn’t till he looked at me that I realized who it was.

“Fuck…..what are you doing here?!”