You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

45

Lolly answered it for Charlie knowing that she shouldn’t talk to him just yet.

“Gerard? It’s Lolly…she’s here with me and she’s fine…sorry but no….no Gerard she doesn’t want to talk to you,” she told him.

“Dada? I wants to talk to him!” Mark shouted as he sprinted from his room.

“Yeah that’s Mark…hang on.”

Lolly cover the cell phone and asked Charlie if it was ok for Mark to talk to Gerard, Charlie nodded and Mark grabbed the cell from Lolly not caring if he was allowed to talk with his father and began crying down the phone.

“Dada…. I wants you! Mommy won’t let me go home! Why did she take us away?! Dada come and gets me…please…Please!?” Mark threw the phone down on the couch and ran to Charlie crying.

She comforted her small child whilst Lolly finished the conversation with a now sobbing Gerard.

“Gerard that’s ridiculous, you’ll never find us…look just leave it ok...hang on,” again Lolly covered the phone before speaking to Charlie.

“Frank wants to talk to you babe, you want to talk to him?” she asked.

“Yeah, please,” Charlie nodded.

“Ok put him on…….hey Frank its Lolly I’ll just get her for you k?” she said passing the phone to Charlie.

“Hey Frankie…I’m sorry...yeah I know…I can’t…not after what he did…Don’t lie Frank! I saw it with my own eyes! Matt told me and I didn’t believe him! I gave Gerard the benefit of the doubt but he had to go and prove it! Yeah Matt told me……I can’t hear this anymore, call me later ok? Bye.” Charlie said throwing the cell on the couch.

“What? Charlie what did Frank say?” Lolly asked concerned.

“He was shocked at what Matt told me, he said that Matt and Gerard haven’t been without the others in a long time so it didn’t make sense that he would know that…..oh fuck…..Lolly what have I done?!” she sobbed.

Later that evening Charlie and Lolly were continuing their talk, they had managed to calm Mark down but he still wanted to go back to Gerard.

“I don’t get it Lolly, no matter what Gerard does Mark still wants to go back to him…..but with me……I can’t do one thing without him hating me now, you know he’s blaming me for Gerard not letting him go back don’t you?” she sighed.

“Yeah hun I know, don’t worry about it, he’s only four, he’s too young to understand stuff like this, all he knows is you took him away from his dad and he wants to be back there, so it makes you public enemy number one, when you’re not,” Lolly tried, attempting to help her see sense.

“You know, when Gerard proposed to me last year I had my whole future planned out, I could see us at our wedding, and with our children playing in the park, and I could see us old but still together holding hands sitting in our rocking chairs,” Charlie laughed at the last bit of her story “It’s stupid but, I really really thought that’s how it would be. Especially after what he said when he asked me to marry him,” she finished.

“What did he say?” Lolly asked.

*Flash Back*

“Gerard this is amazing, thank you so much!” Charlie exclaimed as they entered the house.

They had been out for her birthday with the guys and whilst they were there Gerard had arranged for little paths to be made round the house from black and deep red rose petals.

Candles lined the surfaces and those, along with the moon, were the only light in the house.

Gerard beamed at the fact Charlie liked it and steered her down one of the paths that led to the front room.

“Here sit down, I just got to get something,” Gerard said was he walked to their bedroom.

He returned with something in a frame and handed it to Charlie.

“Oh Gerard…..it’s amazing…..oh my god….this must have taken you ages!” she exclaimed.

“Do you like it?” he asked anxiously.

“I love it, it’s beautiful.” Charlie answered giving him a soft kiss on the lips.

Gerard had drawn a picture of him, Charlie and Mark holding hands as they walked down the street.

The one thing Charlie didn’t notice straight away was that she and Gerard were wearing silver wedding bands.

“Gerard, what’s that on your hand?” Charlie asked noticing the ring in hand that wasn’t being held.

“There is one on your finger to, they’re wedding bands…..” Gerard said blushing slightly.

“Gerard that’s so sweet,” Charlie cooed.

“I drew them because that how I want it to be, you and me, together forever, still in love even when we’re old, and when all our kids have grown up and had babies of their own, I’ll still love you, even more then I do now, which seems impossible,” Gerard whispered, scared to talk to loud encase someone heard the words that he wanted Charlie, and only Charlie to hear.

“I’ll love you when we’re old too, Christ Gerard I love you so much!” Charlie whispered back.

“I don’t know if this is what you want yet, but I think it is, and I want it too,” Gerard said, carefully getting something out of his pocket so Charlie didn’t notice

“What I mean is…Charlie…will you marry me?” Gerard asked opening the small box to revel a ring.

“Oh of course I will Gerard!” Charlie said tears brimming in her eyes.

She pulled him into a tight hug and kissed him softly and lovingly on the lips before he slipped the ring onto her finger.

*end flash back*

“See, that’s why I found it hard to believe Matt when he told me Gerard...” Charlie was cut off in mid sentence by frantic banging on the door.

She and Lolly looked at the clock to see it was now early hours of the morning, then they looked at each other eyes wide at the possibility of who it could be…..
♠ ♠ ♠
[A/N] hey just to say i know alot of you want me to get to the point and let you all know what gerard did but i got to get some stuff in before otherwise it wont make sense!! thanks for all the comments, the way some of you seem to have turned on gerard is just plain funny! thanks for reading and as always comments are love xxxx