You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

50

I got back to Lolly’s house around noon, the second I walked through the door she exploded at me.

“Where the fuck where you?! Do you know how worried I was?! You know Mark thought you’d left him because he kept going on about Gerard don’t you?! God Charlie I know I was a harsh but you went too far! I-”

“Sorry Lolly” I cut her off “I went out to think about some stuff and I bumped into Chloe and we got talking and I didn’t realize the time, then I crashed out at hers and I’m sorry I didn’t ring or anything I know it was selfish of me,” I took a deep breath in while staring at Lolly’s bewildered face.

If this situation wasn’t so serious I’d have laughed at her.

“Oh right….ok….well…I didn’t know she was back,” Lolly stuttered not knowing what to say.

“Yeah she’s only been back a few weeks.” I answered preparing myself to tell her about my talk with Gerard.

“Listen Lolly, I need to tell you something,” I started holding my breath.

“Ok shoot,” Lolly replied sitting down on the couch.

“Well, do you remember yesterday I told you I had a call from Gerard? But I said it wasn’t anything important?” she nodded “Well it was, you see, Gerard told me tha-” I was cut off by my cell ringing.

I took it out of my pocket with the intention of turning it off till I saw the caller ID.

“Sorry Lolly, its Frank,” I shot her an apologetic look before answering. “Hey Frankie, what’s up?”

“It’s Gerard, Charlie he got into drink and drugs really bad after you left and it’s gotten to a ridiculous point now, we thought he’d get better after Matt left because Matt used to take him out drinking all the time but he got worse! Charlie you have to do something please! I don’t know what to do anymore! I tried to deal with it but I can’t.” Frank choked out before bursting into tears.

I know what I have to do and this isn’t gonna be easy but it’s for Frank and Gerard’s sake.

“Frank, babe calm down, seriously, calm down or you’re gonna give yourself a panic attack!” I ordered.

He calmed down but didn’t stop crying completely.

“Ok you calmer now?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he answered trying to contain the last of his sniffles.

“Frank I need you to put Gerard on the phone for me ok?” I asked.

“I can’t Charlie, he’s completely wasted I don’t know what he’ll say to you!” he wailed.

“I don’t care Frank, he can say anything he wants to me because in all honesty what ever he has to say I need and deserve to hear it ok?” I told him.

“K” was all he said before I heard him talking to Gerard.

“Charlie!” he slurred down the phone.

Oh god, this is gonna be harder than I thought.