You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

65

*Charlie’s POV*

No, no, no, no, no, no, no! It’s not him, it can’t be! He wouldn’t….he….FUCK!

“Charlie, babe, it probably isn’t even him, calm down,” Gerard begged me “Come on babe, take a deep breath, come on do it for me.”

I hadn’t even noticed I was having a panic attack until Gerard said that.

“Yeah Charlie this can’t be good for the baby do what Gee says,” Frank added.

I copy Gerard and Frank’s examples, taking deep breaths in through my nose and letting them out through my mouth.

Sure enough the breathing returned to normal and Gerard looked a hell of a lot less worried.

“You had me freaked out for a minuet there!” he nervously laughed.

“You don’t think Billie knows about him do you?” I asked.

“Babe we don’t even know if it is him yet, and I’m sure if she did know, she wouldn’t be with him, it’s not like Bill to be a mistress,” he assured me “Look why don’t you call-”

“NO!” I cut Gerard off “I’m not gonna be the one to tell her he’s cheating! Sure I don’t like the bitch but I can’t break her heart Gerard!”

I know what it’s like to be told the person you love is cheating on you true or not; I can’t tell someone else I saw their husband with another girl.

It’s bad enough hearing it about your boyfriend!

God only knows what it would be like hearing it about the person you chose to spend the rest of your life with.

To learn that they broke the sacred vows they made on that special day.

“Charlie wouldn’t you rather she heard it from you then found out from some random dude on the street? Or witnessing it with her own eyes?” Gerard tried to reason.

He was right, I knew he was

“You’re right Gee, but, let’s just wait till Billie gets back, to find out for sure,” I pleaded.

He nodded and pulled me close, hugging me tightly in his strong arms.

“Hey everyone!” Billie greeted as she walked in the room later that evening.

Gerard and Frank smiled at her, I tried to but it must have looked weak and pathetic.

Gerard nudged me slightly, signalling that I should ask her now.

I very reluctantly obliged.

“Billie, can I talk to you for a sec? In private?” I asked.

She nodded wearily and followed me into the kitchen. She sat down and I did the same.

“What’s up Charlie?” she asked nervously.

“That guy you were with today…..is he, you know married?” I questioned.

She looked at me with confusion etched on her face before answering “no….”

I sighed, I didn’t want to do this but I had to.

“His name is it…” I hesitated for a moment but continued “is it Liam Young?”

She nodded and I held my head in my hands.

“I’m sorry to tell you this Billie but, Liam, he’s married…..to my cousin…”