You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

69

“Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!” Gerard chanted.

“You’re shitting?! I’m in labour!” I screamed.

Ok so screaming at Gerard isn’t the best thing to do but this is painful!

“She isn’t supposed to be here yet! She’s a month early!” he stuttered.

“Baby’s come early sometimes Gee, don’t worry, just get me to the hospital, please,” I whined.

“Charlie?” Frank called sheepishly.

“Yeah?” I asked through gritted teeth.

“What the fuck came out of you just then?” he asked.

“You don’t want to know, let’s just say the fluid round the baby,” I sugar coated it.

“Ewwwwwww!” Frank wrinkled up his nose in disgust and left the room to tell Billie and Ricky the news.

Gerard was still trying to find his keys and get Mark to come inside so I sat down concentrating on my breathing.

“Oh fuck! Gerard if we don’t hurry it up I’m gonna give birth in the god damn kitchen!” I whined.

“Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit,” he muttered again rushing into the kitchen “Mark! Move it!” he called outside.

A very flustered Mark entered the kitchen and was quickly scooped up by Billie.

“Come on ‘lil dude let’s get you and you’re mommy in the car,” she told him.

“Thanks Bill, Gerard’s kind of running round like a headless chicken right now,” I attempted to giggle.

Eventually we all got into the car and to the hospital, Gerard had insisted I be pushed in a wheel chair which I wasn’t ecstatic about but it pleased him and he’s kind of flustered right now.

I keep forgetting this is all new to him, I mean I’ve already been through it all with Mark but this is Gerard’s first birth.

Gerard walked up to the desk to get us seen.

The receptionist didn’t notice him at first but when she did she gave him this really fake smile and lent forward so her boobs stuck out.

I swear to god if I wasn’t in labour right now….no think calming thoughts……

“May I help you sir?” she asked in a flirty voice

“Hi, erm it’s my fiancé, she’s in labour,” she rushed pointing to me.

“Oh,” her smile faltered and she looked less happy then she did before.

I gave her a smug smile and a sarcastic wave when she looked down her nose at me.

“Well I’ll just type in her details and you’ll be seen as soon as possible,” she sighed.

“Ok Miss Phillips, I’m going to need you to push for me now,” the doctor told me.

Apparently it was lucky we got here when we did or I would have had the baby in the waiting room….fun….

An hour later - yes an hour, she couldn’t have wanted to make an appearance as fast as the doctors said obviously! – Gerard and I were staring down at our baby girl.

She’s the image of Gerard.

I don’t think there’s anything of me in her.

She has his pale skin, dark hair, beautiful hazel eyes and kind of weird but cute nose.

I handed her to Gerard and his face instantly lit up.

“We still don’t have a name for her yet” he said absent minded.

“You’re right, we never did decided on one,” I replied, smiling at his expression.

“Well, whatever we call her, can her middle name be Elena, after grandma?”

The second he said the name Elena, the baby made a gurgling sort of noise.

“Gee! Say grandma’s name again!” I told him excitedly

“Elena?” he repeated puzzled.

As soon as he said it she gurgled again.

“Look’s like she picked her own name!” I smiled

“Our little Elena,” he beamed down at her “Elena Zoë Way,”