You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

79

“What’s wrong with Gerard?” I asked instantly, getting the courage from somewhere to actually talk to Billie.

“What the hell do you care?! You’re the one that put him in that state!” she snarled at me.

“I fucking care ok Billie?! I realise I was a complete fucktard so would you mind telling me what the hell is wrong with my fiancé and the father children?!” I practically screamed at her.

But, having me screaming at her seemed to either calm Billie down or make her so angry to the point she looked calm.

“He cant stop crying, when he does he just stares into space, and he keeps thinking he can hear the front door closing, indicating you” she spat out the word “you” at me as if it left a foul taste in her mouth “have come home! He also asked me to ring round hospitals to make sure you hadn’t died in a car crash!” she said eerily calmly.

“Mommy? Why’s everyone shouting?” Mark asked timidly from the door to the bedroom.

I had totally forgotten about him and Elena…..

“It’s nothing baby, we’re gonna go home now ok?” I more stated then asked.

“Ok!” he smiled.

“Frankie…would you mind taking Mark and Elena to their bedrooms please? Neither of them needs to see Gerard like….” I trailed off

“Sure thing, come on little guy,” he said ushering Mark up the stairs before taking Elena from me.

When I was sure they we’re a safe distance away I walked into the lounge room to find Gerard sitting on the couch staring into space….

Now where have I seen this before?

Maybe the last time I caused him to turn into a sobbing mess….

“Gerard?”

He didn’t respond.

So I sat down next to him and hugged him.

“I’m so sorry Gerard, I’m so sorry, you don’t deserve this, please talk to me,” I whispered to him.

“We’ll plan it tonight,” he croaked

“Gerard I don’t care when we plan it anymore, I love you and that’s all I care about, making you feel loved instead of hurting you all the damn time,” I told him.

He smiled faintly at me and gave me a small peck on the lips.

“I know you love me, you just don’t always show it,” he giggled slightly.

“I’m sorry,” I apologised again “I don’t deserve you Gerard Arthur Way. But I love you so much it hurts,”

“I know, now lets go save Frankie,” he smiled.

I can’t help but wonder how he’s managed to go from a wreck to giggling again; it makes me wonder if he’s back on the drugs.

I don’t think so though.

He wouldn’t….would he?