You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

81

Elena started to whimper holding her arms out to me.

“Shhh Elena! Mommy and Daddy are trying to get married!” Mark sighed at his sister.

I ruffled up his hair before I smiled and waved at Elena.

Satisfied with the tiny amount of attention she went back to sucking her thumb.

“I think her reasons are taken back.” Lolly grinned.

Everyone laughed at this and I turn back to Charlie.

“Then I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride,”

I lent in as did Charlie and our lips met in a soft and gentle kiss as everyone cheered and clapped.

We walked out of the church hand in hand finally husband and wife.

Mark clung to Charlie’s hand, deciding that since his was the ring carrier he should walk with us.

Elena wouldn’t let me leave without her so I had her in my free arm.

When we got outside everyone through confetti over us, still cheering.

Mine and Charlie’s parents were standing at the end of the little arch of confetti throwers.

Both moms had tissues dabbing at their eyes.

We reached them and they hugged us tightly.

“We couldn’t ask for a better daughter-in-law Charlie, take good care of him,” dad said to her hugging her.

“Same for us, there’s no-one I’d rather my little girl marry.” her dad told me hugging me.

“We don’t need to ask you to take care of her Gerard, you’ve done an amazing job the last few years, and I thank you for that,” her mom said also hugging me.

I couldn’t wait to see the reception hall.

I mean I had some idea of what it was gonna look like because we had planned it, but I hadn’t actually seen it yet, so when we arrived there I rushed inside.

It’s amazing….really….really….. really amazing.

There’s red lining all over the ceiling, candles in the old fashion holders on the walls.

The tables have black silk clothes on them and red and black roses in glass vases on each one.

It’s beautiful.

I was so busy staring round the room I hadn’t noticed everyone staring at me, or Charlie and the kids by my side.

I quickly closed my mouth and smiled at everyone, a blush making it’s self visible across my cheeks.

The rest of the night went without a hitch.

I was slightly worried the candles would set alight to something but I found out that their fake, so all worries were quickly diminished.

Charlie and I had just finished our first dance as a married couple.

Everything was going great, and then he walked in.