Status: Currently Editing

My Story

Chapter Sixteen

We looked around and my gasp was the first sound any of us made. There lying on the floor of the room was Amy. Amy, my best friend in the whole wide world was lying on the floor of a school bathroom with a ceiling beam crushing her stomach.

We ran to her, “Amy!” I called out. I sat down near her head and felt her pulse. It was still beating, slowly, but it was there. I sighed with relief, she was alive! “Quick, help me get this thing off her!” I screamed at them.

Matthew rushed over in a panic, “Oh my god! What do we do?” he asked in a flurry.

“Back up is on the way,” the fire fighter came over. We nodded, “but for now we need to try and wake her up, she could have concussion.”

We looked at him, how do we do that?

“You,” he pointed to Matt, “take you jumper off and dip it in that sink, we need it as wet as possible.”

Matt nodded and took off his jumper.

“Holly,” he then said to me, although I don’t remember ever telling him my name, “I need you to try and talk to her, see if you can get through to her.”

I nodded and started talking to her. The fire fighter walked over to the door and looked outside, I assumed he saw nothing (whether from the smoke or not) because he closed the door and turned back around. When he saw me looking at him he blushed and turned to face the other way. Wait a minute, he blushed? A grown man? And he blushed because I was looking at him? At least that’s what it seemed like to me. I looked at him for a few more seconds before realizing what I was supposed to be doing.

“Amy?” I started, no reply. I sighed, how was this going to work, she was unconscious or something not to mention that she had a ceiling beam crushing! And no one was even trying to get it off her! “Hey!” I called to the firefighter.

He turned towards me, I was pointing to Amy, “Right!” he said and rushed over.

Was this guy even qualified? He grabbed the beam and tried to lift it, but it was either to heavy or he was to weak.

I sighed. Then a though occurred to me, one that any good firefighter would know, “Matt,” I called, “Come over here a minute.

Matthew dropped his jumper into the sink and came over; he looked really stressed by the whole situation and hopped he would be able to cope.

“I need to you to help Mr-” I pointed to the firefighter as I didn’t know his name- “him, to lift the beam, hold it there as long as possible, I’m gonna pull Amy out from under, okay?” I told them.

They nodded in unison and each grabbed an end of the beam, “Okay, on the count of three,” I said, “One… two… three, pull.”

They groaned, the beam lifted about five centimeters of from Amy, but it was just enough for me to heave her out form underneath. As son as we had Amy a safe distance away, Matthew and the firefighter sent the beam plummeting back to the ground with and ear shattering crash. I stuck my fingers in my ears, it was that noisy.

We sprayed Amy with water in the hope that she might spring back in consciousness but to no avail. The heat was starting to rise ever more. I though firefighters were meant to put out the fires no make them worse. I sat with Amy’s head in my lap; there was nothing else to do only to hope that back up would come soon.

It had been a long day; so much had happened it felt more like a week. I closed my eyes in the hope that sleep might come and whisk me away form this nightmare. My head started to loll, I hadn’t realized just how sleep I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah sorry for the looooooong wait guys but I've been really busy with homework.
But it's holidays now so I'll be updating more often.
Another chapter should be up later today (hopefully)
Thanks for reading
=)

P.S. Sorry it's so short and nothing much happened, but Amy's safe now... right?