Status: Currently Editing

My Story

Chapter Twenty-One

Matt’s point of view

I didn’t quite know why I told Holly to go out with that jerk, that player… there were so many words for people like him I couldn’t list them all. Yet I told Holly, against all odds, to go have a great time with him, I must be losing mind.

Holly and her parents had gone home and I sat watching Amy sleep, she looked so peaceful asleep. I tired not to stir her; I didn’t want her to awake have and have a stranger staring at her. It was hard to try and get used to that concept that she didn’t know who we were. Also that she may never remember us again, but I tried to see the positive. Even if she never remembered us, I’d like to think that we were the best friends she ever had, and that no matter what happened we would become friends again full stop.

“Matt?” My mum walked into the room.

“Yeah mum?” I whispered.

“Your father says it’s time to go home. You can visit Amy again tomorrow, but you need to get your rest.”

I yawned involuntarily and nodded, “Yeah I guess, but I want to be back here early in the morning. She has to remember us mum, and the more time I spend with her, the better chance we’ll get.”

My mum just nodded, she didn’t know how I was feeling and didn’t try to pretend that she did. That’s what I loved about my mother, she only talked it you wanted to, she didn’t ask questions that you didn’t want to answer and she was always there for you, no mater what.

I got up from the hospital chair and stretched my arms above my head. Yawning again I grabbed my school jumper off the bottom end of the bed and exited with my mother.

As we drove home I thought about the school. Would it be back to normal for school on Monday? I hoped not, I wasn’t ready to go back to school, I had a basketball game on Saturday and I wasn’t even sure I was ready for that. That’s when it hit me, the basketball game. The basketball game was on tomorrow, the semi-finales, our first real chance in years to win. And Justin wasn’t going to be there. He was one of our best players, we didn’t stand a chance without him, he as tough, as much as I hated him, I had to admit he was a good player. He followed the rules, to a certain extent, yet it wasn’t considered cheating. Justin Mandell scared people and that was the best weapon we could ask for. But he wasn’t going to be there, he was ditching the game to go on a date with Holly. To most people, it wouldn’t really matter, what was one game anyway? But it mattered to me, basketball was the only thing I was really good at, and really enjoyed doing. I hated Justin Mandell. I punched the cushion next to me. Tomorrow we were going to lose and another bad thing would top my week off.

“Matthew?” My mother asked me, “Are you alright?”

I looked up, we had stopped at a red light. There we hardly any cars on the road now, I didn’t know what time it was. “Yeah mum. I‘m fine. Just tired.”

We reached home little over ten minutes later, and by that time I was completely exhausted. I went to bed and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

<***************>

Amy’s point of view

She came out of the bathroom a few minutes later. My mouth was already open and ready, I didn’t know why though. The first question escaped my lips, “How old is he? He was really tall!” I said, althoguht I didn’t know who he was.

“I don’t know,” the girl replied. She had a confused look on her face, she probably didn’t know herself.

“What school does he go to?” I asked next.

“I don’t know,” she answered again. I still didn’t know who he was.

“Did he give you his number?”

“NO!”

I could see that she was getting angry now, but I kept at it, surley I would get an answer out of her soon, and then I’d find out who he]/i] was, “Did he have any good looking friends?”

“A few,” She sighed.

“Are you going to see him again?” Maybe then I’d find out who he was.

“I DON’T KNOW!” She shouted this time, stopping in her tracks and turning to me.

I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn’t get the words out, the picture was fading, the girl was slowly sinking away.

I opened my eyes. It was pitch black in the room except for the tiny stream of line coming in from a curtain towards the left of me. At first I didn’t know where I was, but then the past few hours came rushing back. Waking up in the hospital, all these doctors and nurses probing me with questions that I couldn’t answer. I remember my mother and father smiling at me. And these two other people, a boy and a girl, I couldn’t remember their names. I didn’t know who they were, but they seemed to know me, they clamed to be my friends. I thought back t my dream. He girl, the one I asked all those questions to, that was the girl who claimed o be my friend. If only I could remember her name.

Turning my head left and right I looked around the room for a clock, but to no avail. I sighed, I wanted to get out of this bed, do something, I wasn’t at all tired anymore. What had I done today that had made me feel that tired? I couldn’t remember. Everything was so blurry.

I laid my head back down on the pillow, maybe I’d remember tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh it's been a month hasn't it? I'm so sorry!! Honest, I've been so busy with homework that I haven't had the time to update, please forgive me.

Oh yeah, this is the new layout, please tell me what you think. If you don't like it I'll only be happy to change it back just give me a shout.

Anyway next chapter should be Holly and Justin's date so look out for that.
Thanks for reading.
=)