Status: Currently Editing

My Story

Chapter Four

After school as my special birthday treat Matt and Amy took me to the local shopping centre. It was jam packed with people from the school and adults who came to relax after work. We decided to get some food first, so we went to food court. We had a hard time finding a table, but eventually we found a small table for four squashed into a corner. I sat down with Amy while Matt went to get us some McDonald's.

“So,” Amy began, sitting in the chair opposite me. There were so many people around but they were making so much noise that they wouldn’t hear us no matter what we said. “Are you having a birthday party this year?”

I sighed, “No, Amy, I’m not. Remember what happened last year, we had to buy a new couch and my parents didn’t give me allowance for a month.” For my birthday last year I had a sleep over party with all the girls in our grade. Unfortunately, certain ‘others’ found out and decided to crash the party.

“Oh, but it’ll be so much fun. And we don’t even have to have it your house.” Amy prattled on, “My parents are going away on some business trip this weekend and we can have it there.”

“And what about your house,” I pressed, “who’s to say no one will crash this party?”

“Well, I don’t know,” she said, lost for words, “But we’ll never know unless we actually have the party.”

I sighed again, knowing Amy she would never give in, she was so stubborn that way. Grudgingly I nodded. She squealed so loud that the people next to us actually looked around stunned by the noise. A few minutes later Matthew joined us again. Amy was immersed in birthday party plans. He quietly sat down beside and handed me my McChicken burger and frozen Fanta raspberry drink. I sipped on my drink absentmindedly nodding from time to time, whenever Amy stopped for breath.

After we had eaten Matt and Amy agreed to go Time Zone and play some games. “Go on without me,” I said, “I’ll catch up.”

“Okay,” they agreed and went off towards the escalator. I grabbed our rubbish and stuffed in the rubbish bin, and then I went over to the bathroom.

It was still really crowded in the food court so I had to weave my way in and out of people. As I weaved my way in and out a stray ball rolled out form under a table. I saw a second to late, my foot went down and I slipped on the ball. It rolled backward and took me with it. Instinctively I pushed my hands out in front of me to protect my face. But instead of the hard ground I expected to feel, instead I felt a hard chest and arm around my back.

“Hey, are you okay dude?” I looked up and saw a lock of light brown hair covering the most gorgeous green eyes I had ever seen. I moved my focus out to see the face of my ‘savor’, “Hey? You okay?”

“Umm,” I swept my hair out of my face, “Yeah, thanks, I’m fine.”

They boy shifted more into a more suitable position and took his hands away from my waist. “Umm…” he seemed just as lost for words as I was, “Hey!”

“Hi,” I said, looking down.

“I’m Justin and you are?” he asked also looking down.

“Oh, umm… Holly, I’m Holly.”

Without another word I walked off. It was so awkward I had to get away. Not to mention all of Justin’s friends standing around staring at us, which added to my embarrassment.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I haven't updated in a while, a long while.
This idea just came to me this morning so I decided to write it.
know it's not very long and not much happened but I hope you liked it.
So yeah
=D