Status: Currently Editing

My Story

Chapter Nine

I headed to class alone, I had my science elective. It was at the very other end of the school and really annoying. I considered skipping, but with no one to skip with it seemed kind of pointless. The second bell rang just as I turned the corner and I broke into a run.

“Psst!”

What?! Who is that? I wondered. I looked around; everyone in view was heading into his or her classrooms. “Hello?” I asked.

“Over here,” Someone called from the bushes. I turned around to the source of the noise and squinted my eyes. I shrugged; I couldn’t see anything and began to turn. “It’s me! Justin.”

I gasped and turned back. I suddenly felt very self-conscious and stupid. He was probably watching me the whole time. But what was he doing here? “Justin,” I walked over towards the bush and peered in. An arm came darting out and pulled me in. “Ahhh!” I cried, “What are you doing?” I asked him. I was sitting very uncomfortably in the weeds and my patience was wearing thin.

“Well, I know that if I had waited that I would have seen on Saturday, or maybe even after school. But I wanted to see you sooner, and I knew that you hated your science class, so I thought I’d come and surprise you,” he smirked.

“I don’t hate my science class!” I defended, “I just have a problem with a few of the people,” Science was the class I had with Olivia and she did everything in her power to make my life a living hell.

“Okay, okay. I apologize, I now know that you hate the people in you science class,” Justin told me.

I lightly punched him on the arm, “Not all the people, just a few,” I laughed he was scratching his head.

“I’ll never understand girls,” he laughed too.

The something hit me, “Wait a minute, how do you know when I have science? How do you even know that I have science this semester?” I looked at him.

He blushed, like he knew he’d just been caught out. “Lets go,” he said.

Damn him! Now I see why Amy hates when I change the subject, “Where?”

“Nowhere special,” he said.

“Well if it’s no where special then I better not, I am still in school and so are you,” I said to him. I started climbing out of the bush I was already so late.

“Well, then it is somewhere special,” he jumped out and grabbed my hand.

I smiled; it was so cute how he wanted to be with me. I sighed, “Fine then, take me to the special-non-special place,” I laughed as he smiled at me and we started walking out of the school. I knew I was going to be in a lot of trouble when I came back to school, whether that be fourth period or tomorrow, I didn’t know how long Justin planned this excursion to be.

We walked for almost ten minutes and I was starting to have doubts on whether I should’ve come or not. “How much longer?” I asked.

“Not long now,” Justin said, wrapping his arm around my waste. We turned a corner and Justin let his arm drop, he got onto all fours and started crawling under a bush. Once he was completely under he stuck his arm out and beckoned for me to follow.

I didn’t want to get my dress dirty, but it was Friday. I crawled through the bush and when I got to he end, I was in a secluded park, with a basketball court. Justin was already standing and offered me his arm. I took it gratefully, I didn’t want to fall down and look stupid. In his free arm Justin held a basketball.

“So, you took me here to play some basketball?” I asked him, brushing myself off.

“Oh, no. The basketball’s just for later, first…” He pointed to the grass.

I gasped, “A picnic?” I ran over and stared at the rug and food, already laid out, “Wow, this is so sweet of you Justin,” I turned to him.

He walked over, “Not as sweet as you,” he said sitting down.

I blushed and sat down too, “So, what’s on the menu?”

He opened the basket, “Freshly made sandwiches’, I made them myself, “he smirked, “and for dessert,“ he pulled out a container, “chocolate cake.”

“Wow, this is probably the nicest thing that any guy has ever done for me,” I smiled and took a sandwich from him.

“Well, I guess you haven’t met very many nice guys then,” he smirked.

“Maybe not,” I took a bite out of my sandwich, ham, lettuce and cheese, yum.

“So, what do you think of my cooking skills?” Justin asked me.

“Well, lets just say, I don’t know many guys that can make a sandwich. At least my dad can’t,” I laughed, “these sandwiches are outstanding…for a guy at least,” I smirked.

He scoffed, “Oh sure,” He ate the rest of his sandwich, then stood up and grabbed his basketball, “So, you up for a game?” he asked me.

“Well, you may be a good cook, but when it comes to basketball I have a great teacher,” I went to grab the ball from his fingertips, but he was to quick.

“I think I can handle that,“ he laughed and ran out onto the basketball court to score the first point.

I laughed and ran after him, “So not fair!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in a while but I'll try get the next chapter up tomorrow
D