Status: Currently Editing

My Story

Chapter Eight

After class we went to our usual on the oval and Matt went and played basketball. “So,” Amy began, “have you? Have you heard from him?”

I wasn’t sure whether it was safe to tell her on not, but I decided it didn’t matter. I wasn’t a very good liar, I would always start laughing. “Well, this morning”--

“Yes?!” Amy cut me off.

I sighed, “Do you want me to tell you or not?”

“Oh, right, sorry. Please, go on,” Amy said, relaxing.

“Well, this morning I was walking to school early, ‘cos I had to post this letter for my mum, and I bumped into Justin.”

“Oh my god, really!”

“Yes,” I sighed and rolled my eyes, “and, well, he asked for my number.”

“Wow, he’s forward. Did you give it to him? Tell me you gave it to him,” Amy asked practically jumping for joy.

I didn’t see why she was so happy, “Yes, I gave it to him and”--

‘Buzz, buzz,’ a noise coming from my pocket cut me off.

“Oh my god, is that him,” Amy asked snatching the phone from my pocket, “It’s a private call, yay!”

I sighed again; I had been doing that a lot lately. I retrieved the phone from her hand and pressed the answer button. “Hello?”

“Hey, um, Holly, Is that you?” An anxious Justin asked.

Amy squealed, I put a finger to my lips, “Yeah, it’s me. Hey, Justin,” I said, shocked that he had actually called me and that he had the guts to do it during school.

“Hey,” he sighed, “so, about the call. I was wondering if maybe you were free on Saturday. You know, so we could maybe…”

“Yeah, I’m free,” I said, my eyes widening.

“Great, I’ll pick you up at twelve then.”

“Umm, okay. Wait! How do you know where I live?” I asked confused.

“I know people, I’ll see you then,” he said.

“Bye,” I said, still confused, who did he know, that knew where I lived? The only people I had ever told where I lived were Amy and Matthew, but they didn’t know Justin, or did they? I slipped my phone back into my pocket and turned to Amy.

“Well? Did he ask you out or what?” she asked excitedly.

I knew she already knew that answer but I told her anyway, “Yes!” I smiled.

“O-M-G! When?” she squealed.

“This Saturday, oh,” my face fell into frown, I suddenly remembered, this Saturday we had promised Matthew that we would go and see him play basketball, it was the semi-finals and he had been looking forward to this for ages now.

Amy face fell too, “Umm… why don’t you just ask Matt, I’m sure he won’t mind. I mean it is just a one game.”

“I doubt he’d let it go that easily. He asked us ages ago,” I mentally hit myself, “I can’t believe I forgot.” I hit myself for real this time.

“Forgot what?” a voice said.

Both Amy and I turned at the exact same time, “Matt!” I said ashamed like I’d just been caught stealing.

“Yeah?” he asked confused.

Amy took over then, I mentally thanked her. I just didn’t know what to say. How could I let down one of my closest friends? And for what? Some stupid guy. “Well,” Amy said, “I... she… you know how holly hasn’t like a boy in like years, right?”

Amy! I groaned. “Yeah, what about that?” Matthew asked still just as confused, looking from Amy to me then back again.

“Well, when we went to the shopping centre yesterday… well, Holly… she kind of meet this guy.”

Oh, why did everything have to go so wrong? “Yeah? So?” Matthew asked again. I could tell what he was thinking; it was exactly what was on my mind too, ‘Just get on with it!’

“Well… that guy… he sort of… well… he kind of…” Amy tried to continue.

“He asked me out,” I finished.

“Whoa!” Matthew said, eyes widening, “That’s great, but how does that have anything to do with… well, anything?”

“Well… he kind of asked me out on… Saturday.”

Matt’s face fell, just as ours did, just as I knew his would, “Oh,” he looked at the ground.

I groaned, kicking myself.

“That’s great Holly,” his face lit up, “Don’t worry about the game, you go have fun.”

“Really?” I asked, astounded.

“Yeah, Amy will still be coming right?” he turned to her and she quickly nodded, “exactly, seriously Holly, you go, you need to get out more anyway,” he added jokingly.

I scoffed and playfully punched him on the arm. He punched me back and we laughed. It made me feel better, but I still felt like I was letting him down and that left a great big hole in my stomach.

“So…” Matt started, “Who’s the lucky guy?”

I smiled, “Justin,” Amy squealed, “Justin Mandell!” Matthew’s face fell and at that very second the bell rang, “Oh, we better go, we don’t want to be late for class.” We ran off, Matt followed us but his face was still in shock, maybe he did know Justin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwwww, I feel so sorry for Matt

Comments pwezzzzz!

=D