10 More Minutes With You

And They Call This Tragedy

Chapter 16

I didn’t have much time to prepare what I was going to say to Mikey. How do you tell your best friend that his older brother cut himself, tried to kill himself?

When I walked into Mikey’s room I was surprised to see him awake. He was sitting in bed, scribbling stuff down on paper. He heard my footsteps and looked up at me, his eyes wide.

“Mikey…” I started to explain what happened to him. I guess the worry in my voice spoke for me. He walked past me into Gerard’s room. He kept his face calm and expressionless, something he had always been good at doing. Gerard still had Frank’s shirt wrapped tightly around the cut, but now he was sitting up in bed next to Frank. When Frank saw Mikey he removed himself so Mikey could take the spot next to his hurt brother.

“Mikey I…” Gerard started to say.

“Shh,” Mikey said. “I know.” He wrapped his arms around Gerard. They stayed like that until Gerard fell asleep. Once we were sure he was deep in sleep, Mikey got up and tucked Gerard into bed. He walked over to where me and Frank were. Mikey’s perfect mask broke and he began crying.

Eventually Mikey fell asleep, and then later Frank did too. When I closed my eyes, I felt like I was falling. Falling into a dark, endless pit with no way to get out. The falling sensation continued all night, forcing me to abandon all hopes of sleeping. At 7 I went into the kitchen and made coffee, waiting for everyone else to wake up. I sat at the kitchen table, my mind wandering. Rarely did a thought cross my mind that actually made sense. The world seemed to be spinning much to fast. Every time I caught a glimpse of it, I would loose it again to the constant spinning. The spinning controlled everything.

The spinning could manipulate someone’s world, someone’s life, until it was almost unrecognizable. The spinning of the world, the spinning after to much alcohol. That was the spinning I felt the night Mikey and Gerard and I celebrated because I was finally free of Greg. The spinning I felt the night before I met Frank. It’s what I’m sure Gerard felt when he saw his own blood rushing out of his arm. It’s what Mikey felt when Gerard hit him. It’s what I feel as I watch it pull my life apart, bit by bit, piece by piece.

That damn spinning……the spinning…the spinning…..
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry! But, I have good news. I have the next 2 updates written. Hopefully, later tonight I'll post the next update. However, I have 2 exams tomorrow, so I can't promise for sure that i'll be able to type up the next update. I get out of school tomorrow at 12, then i'm going to lunch with my friends. At 3, i'm driving to the airport and me and my mom are going to Vegas. As long as I can find some place with internet, I'll post 2 more updates by Sunday. If I can't find internet in Vegas, I'll post the updates Monday/Tuesday.

I'm not too fond of this chapter, but I owe you guys an update, so I hope it's good. Please comment.

(Oh, by the way, I start drivers ed Monday!!)