Kiss Me, I'm Contagious

IT HITS YOU WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT.

“Hey.” Nate nudged me. I could barely hear him over the blaring music that echoed throughout the club. “You’ve been weird recently.” He handed me a drink and I downed it. Why does my mind drift off to Alex every time I have nothing to do? I thought about how I had to drag him, half-awake, into a cab this morning before the guys saw him.

“I know.” I said into his ear and leaned on his shoulder. Jeremy winked at me from where he was sitting, indicating that he was probably going to score with that hot brunette he was flirting with. What a man-whore.

“Tell me. Talking makes you feel better.” He placed his hand on mine and squeezed it reassuringly.

“Talking is way overrated.” I joked and he laughed.

“Even if you don’t tell me about it, I know what’s up Summer. I’m not your best friend for 14 years for nothing.” He looked into my eyes and I gulped.

“I need to use the bathroom.” I lied and stood up. I didn’t want to talk about whatever he was referring to. Hopefully, he wasn’t referring to what I thought he was. Weaving through the sweaty bodies around me and a few crazy fans, I made my way to the bathroom. I instinctively began fumbling with the keychain I fished out from my pocket. I’ve brought this keychain everywhere with me; the lady at the home told me that my mom left it for me when she placed me there. It was sort of my lucky charm, always with me through our shows and always helped me get through crappy days.

“Argh.” A strangely familiar voice grunted as the figure knocked hard into my arm. The keychain I was swinging flew onto the floor beside my foot.

“Shit!” I cursed as I picked it up.

“I’m so sorry.” The voice apologised and I looked up, only to see Mr Zack Merrick.

“You!” The both of us exclaimed, fingers pointed at each other’s faces.

“Just my luck!” We both repeated again together.

“Dude, stop that!” Again, we said the same thing. I rolled my eyes and waved him off but instead, he grabbed my hand.

“That’s mine!” He tried to snatch the keychain out of my hands. I pushed him hard.

“Don’t touch this! It’s mine.” I hollered over the volume of the music. Dangling the keychain in front of his face, I explained. “Look, my name is here, stupid. Summer.” I said slowly so his brain could decipher what I was saying.

“That can’t be.” He mouthed. He then fumbled in his pocket, pulling out an identical sliver keychain with the same intricate design.

“So? Coincidence. Bye.” Zack pulled me again and towards a less crowded corner.

“What?” I freed myself from his vice like grip.

“My mom moulded this herself.” He spoke dramatically. Then, he flipped his keychain revealing an engraved ‘Zack” on it. I stared blankly at him. Does that mean...no fucking way.

“She made this herself.” He repeated again. “Who gave this to you?”

“My...mom. But I don’t know who she is.” I hated how this sounded.

“Darling Zacky! I missed you so much! You’ve been so busy! Why would you ask Mommy to meet you at such a...”
The shrilly female voice trailed off as I turned to look at the middle age woman who approached us.

Shit. I know her. I’ve seen her before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god, I AM SO SORRY.

I AM A SELF RIGHTEOUS BITCH I KNOW.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T UPDATE THIS FOR LIKE 3 MONTHS?

I'M SO SORRY.

promise, I'll make it up to you guys!!! :]