Kiss Me, I'm Contagious

THE AWKWARD WAYS WE MEET.

It just struck me of what I’ve gotten myself into.

“Makeovers are L-O-V-E.” Brittany said to her two equally bimbotic friends, Sasha and Whitney as they began rubbing away my eyeliner. Probably the only thing I ever wear on my face.

“Don’t! I’ll feel naked!” I pushed their skinny hands aside and they frowned at me.

“Summer, be nice.” Jeremy laughed as the guys stood by the doorway of Brittany’s glittery pink room. I hated Brittany and all clones like her. Sometimes I wonder how she and Jeremy can be related at all. Sasha cupped my face as she began coating my lips with this shimmering sticky stuff while Whitney brushed my face with some bronze coloured powder.

“Natural is like, so in right now.” Brittany said happily as she examined my face. Her smile suddenly turned into a pout. “Your hair.” She pointed at my head like it really was a skunk.

“What’s wrong with it?” I retorted. I love my long choppy black hair just fine. She ignored me and began rummaging through her cupboard while her two clones bun my hair up. I groaned and showed the guys the finger.

“Like O-M-G, I knew this would come in handy sometime!” Brittany fished out a wig.

“Who the hell keeps a wig?” I exclaimed loudly.

“Everyone?” She replied a matter-of-factly. This girl must be delusional. “I had this custom made, it’ll look so natural.” She explained as she fitted it on and began fastening it with bobby pins. She snapped her fingers and immediately, Sasha and Whitney heaved me up, quite violently in fact, and draped stupid asscessories over the grey dress they had already forced me to wear. I felt like crying.

The three girls squealed in delight and began clapping excitedly.

“I didn’t think you’d actually be able to pull it off, but you totally did!” Brittany gushed as she pushed me to her full length mirror. My jaw dropped to a few metres.

I couldn’t even recognise myself. The wig I was wearing really looked like real hair. It was long and straight and had bangs above my eyes. Worst of all, it was a shade of natural brown. The dress, the black high heeled pumps, and the makeup...

“I look like I stepped out from a freaking fashion magazine!” I shrieked crazily and overheard Jeremy whispering about how I could take over his screamo lyrics next time.

“Do you know how many girls want to look like that?” Brittany folded her arms and glared at me. I swirled and looked at the guys, intending to go down on my knees and beg them to forget about this stupid challenge.

“For Pete’s sake...” Nate whispered, pupils dilating. The three of them looked at me from head to toe.

“Please, don’t make me do this! I don’t care if this is the first challenge I’ve ever backed out on!” I begged.

“Summer, you look hot.” Trevor spoke first. “Wowth. You should totally doth your hair this wayth for good.”

“Oh my God, are you lisping at me?” I shrieked in disgust and I turned to Nate and began tugging on his jeans.

“Whoa.” Nate could barely form words. I straightened up. “Did you just get a million times hotter?” He finally said.

“You’re joking.”

“No, we’re not.” Jeremy said as he ruffled Brittany’s hair. “She’s a total professional.” He complimented her in awe as Brittany beamed.

“You so have to go out now.” Sasha and Whitney announced in unison as the guys hooted. All of them began shoving me out of the door and into the lift while I struggled like a fish caught in a net. It didn’t help that Brittany’s apartment was located right in the middle of the city.

“Bye!” Nate chuckled as he shoved me out onto the streets while they all plastered their faces at the glass door of the apartment’s lobby watching me. People brushed past me quickly and I turned to look at the guys for encouragement. They shot me a thumbs up each.

Glancing around, I realised no one recognised me. Fine, might as well get this over and done with.
I took a step forward and nearly fell flat on my face. Why in the world would people want to walk on such high shoes? A guy smiled at me as he strolled past. Tottering slowly, I tried to hide my face as I began walking towards a large tree. I’ll reach that tree and go back. Challenge over.

“Ow!” I yelped as I fell onto the hard pavement. “f***.” I cursed as I realised the heel of my shoe was stuck in the grill of the drain. Great, just great. What a way to attract more attention to yourself, Summer.

“Stupid challenge, stupid shoe, stupid clothes, stupid hair, stupid...” I mumbled to myself as I tugged mercilessly at that freaking shoe. Why the hell wouldn’t it come out?

“You okay?” A voice spoke and I shot my head up.

S-H-I-T.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update! :]
I'll be updating tomorrow or prolly the day after tomorrow! (;