Run Baby Run

Warmness On The Soul

I woke up a bit earlier then usual.

I hate Tuesdays

I was sitting in the kitchen eating a cereal bar with some orange juice when my dad walked in.

“Morning baby” he smiled, grabbed some coffee and sat in front of me at the table.

“Morning dad” I smiled back.

“Belle I want to talk to you”

“About what?”

He sighed “A lot of things”

“Ok” I nodded “talk to me”

“I’m really sorry for what happened on Saturday” he looked into my eyes “I never meant to do such a thing like that. It’s just that a lot of things have been going and I want to fix our relationship. I feel so distant”

You and me both

“I want to make things right again” he had the look of sincerity on his face.

I nodded “that doesn’t sound like a bad idea”

“I got a phone call yesterday” He was now referring to yesterdays fight. “They told me you got into a fight”

I nodded again “Yes I did”

“Why?”

“This kid wasn't being nice and he pushed me to the ground”

“And how come your friends were involved?”

“Because they were sticking up for me, dad. My friends are good people”

“Good people” he scoffed “2 of them got suspended because of previous fights”

“That doesn’t make them bad either”

He sighed heavily “Ok Belle your right”

“I’m sorry dad I jus-“

“Don’t be,” he smiled “want me to drop you off to school? I know it’s early”

“Yes please”

“So your dad wasn’t mad at all?” Jimmy asked in disbelief.

“Nope”

“Damn” Johnny laughed.

The bell rang letting us know we had to get to class. We said our ‘see you laters’ and I went on my separate way. I felt a bit lonely since Brian and Zack were missing because most of my classes are with them. One thing that really bugged me was that Matt wasn’t at school.

My thoughts were interrupted by the guy I was thinking about. I pulled my Sidekick out and found a text.

Hey B! Sorry I didn’t meet up with you guys this morning.

I texted back.

It’s ok Matty =]

Two minutes later…

Just wondering do you want to skip?

I thought about it.

But your not here.

I’m in the parking lot.

A huge smile found its way on my face.

I’ll be right there.

I ran to the parking lot to find Matt alone. He smiled at me and I couldn’t resist smiling back.

I caught up to him “Hey Matt”

He hugged me “Hey B what do you want to do today?”

I shrugged “I don’t know”

He unlocked the car and we both went in.

“I guess I’m going to have to surprise you then, huh?”

“I guess so”

“Here we are” Matt said while parking the car.

“Where are we?”

“The park”

“Couldn’t think of anything else?”

He shook his head “No, I have the whole day planned out”

“Wow” I laughed “You really thought about this”

“Yup, 5 minutes ago. Now let’s get going”

We both exited the car and headed to the playground. I walked to the swings and sat down. I was about to start swinging but then I felt someone behind me.

“What are you doing?”

“Pushing you” he replied and then pushed me.

“Why thank you”

He then sat on the swing next to me and started swinging along with me.

“You know what B?”

“What?”

“You are the first person I have ever been on the swings with”

“Really?”

He nodded “Yup now feel special” he smiled.

“Do I ever” I teased.

We swung in silence for a few minutes.

“Hey B”

“Hm”

“What happened on Saturday”

I stopped swinging and he did to. I looked at him “What do you mean?”

He took a deep breath “Did your dad hurt you?”

It felt like time froze and I was trying to figure out what I was going to say but the silence said everything.

“He did didn’t he?”

I bit the inside of my cheek and then looked at him “He didn’t mean to”

He shook his head “Is that what he told you? If he didn’t he wouldn’t have done it in the first place”

“He made a mistake, ok? So just forget about it”

“You shouldn’t let him do that to you-”

“Just drop it” I got off the swing and started walking away. I didn't want to hear his opinion, I knew he was right to begin with but he said he was sorry and that it wasn’t going to happen again.

“B…Belz wait up” Matt called behind me. I kept on walking. He grabbed me gently by the arm and spun me forcing me to face him. Our faces were only centimeters apart.

“I’m sorry; I wasn’t trying to get you mad. It’s just that I worry and you are a good friend to me and I don’t want anything to happen to you”

I stayed quiet looking into his eyes. I finally had someone who really care about me. My vision was blurred by unshed tears that were begging to fall. He hugged me tight and then the tears started to fall and we sat down in the sand. He cradled me with such care.

“Shh please don’t cry B” he cooed “I will always be here for you”

I nodded in his shoulder. My tears were soaking into his shirt. After 5 minutes of crying I calmed down. I sat up and wiped my wet face with the sleeve of my sweater.

I looked at him and gave him a weak smile. He lifted his hand tucked my hair behind my ear.

“I’m sorry B, I didn’t mean to make you cry”

“Don’t be sorry; you were just worried”

We spent the rest of the day together. He brought me to the carnival that was being held. He knew a lot about me and I knew a lot about him. Nothing will ever break the friendship we have. I wont let anyone come between me and my friends.

I couldn’t be more wrong
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is!!

2 chapters!! woot woot

comments?

-K