Run Baby Run

All Hope Is Gone

Matt’s POV

I was woken up by the sound of my cell phone ringing. I looked at the clock, who the hell is calling me at 3 am?

“Hello?” I mumbled.

“Can I please speak to Matt?”

“This is he”

“Hi, uh, it’s Belz’s dad”

I quickly sat up and was now fully awake “Is everything okay?”

He exhaled deeply “She hasn’t come home and it’s very late. Is she with you?” his voice cracked and it sounded like he was crying.

“N-No, she’s not with me”

“Fuck,” he cursed in frustration “ok, thank you”

Before I had a chance to respond he hung up. I quickly got off the bed and pulled on some clothes and grabbed my keys as I rushed down the stairs.

“Matt?” I heard my dad.

“Go back to bed” I whispered.

“Where are you going?”

“Belz’s dad called me and she didn’t come home”

He nodded “Be careful”

I quickly exited the house and went into my car. I back out of the drive way and sped to her house.

I knocked on the door and he rushed to answer it. The hope in his eyes was washed away when he saw it was me. “Is she back?” I asked.

He shook his head “No, and I can’t call her, I have her phone” he stepped out of the way “come in”

I walked into the house “Do you have any idea where she could be?”

He sighed “No, I called you thinking she was with you and your other friends” it went quiet for a moment until he spoke up again “Thank you for coming, it shows me you care a lot about my daughter”

“I do sir, a lot”

“I called the police and they should be here any minute”

I nodded “Alright, I’m going to make a few calls myself, excuse me”

I walked a few feet away from him and dialed numbers.

“Hello?”

“Brian?”

“Matt? It’s fucking 4 am”

“Belz is missing” I whispered.

“What? Are you fucking serious?”

“Yeah”

“Where are you?”

“Her house”

“Ok, I’ll get everyone else and be there soon”

“Thanks, man”

He hung up and I turned around to see her dad talking to the police,

Belz, baby, hang on.

“Who was with her last?” Jimmy asked pacing the deck, impatiently.

“I don’t know” Johnny answered.

I then remembered that she left with Tony and I felt the anger rise in me “Tony, I’m going to fucking kill that fucker”

“She left with Tony? When?” Brian asked.

“When you came to talk to me this morning, I saw her leaving with him.

Brian picked up his phone “Jason? I need you to find out where Tony lives…alright…bye” he then hung up and faced me “Lets go”

“That fucker is going to get it” Zack said getting up from the chair. We all headed out of the house and I was full of rage. She better be ok, because if she’s not, he will fucking pay. We entered the car and Brian decided that he was going to drive.

Jimmy banged on the front door and we all waited impatiently for him to answer the door. A minute later the door opened and I slammed my fist against his eye. He tried to swing back but I was quick and I punched him in the stomach. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt “Where is she?” he grabbed onto my hands.

“Who?”

“Where is Belz?” I boomed.

There was fear in his eyes “I-I don’t know”

My grip tightened on his shirt “You left school with her. You were the last person with her, now you better fucking tell me!”

“I don’t know!” he yelled “She’s a fucking whore! She’s probably fucking some guy!”

That was all he had to say to make me angrier then I was already. I let go of his shirt and punched him in the face over and over again until the guys had to get me off him. He was lying on the floor and the guys tried to get me out of the house but I was to strong. When I’m angry, I’m invincible. “Where is she?” I yelled.

“Fuck you” he spat.

I picked him up and slammed him to the wall. The guys pulled me out of the house and into the drive way. They kept their hold on me not letting me escape.

“Get the fuck off me!”

“Calm down Matt, if you kill him now we will never know if he did anything” Brian said softly.

“He did something, Bri, I know it”

“If he did he will pay for it but let’s worry about finding Belz first before anything”

I nodded “Your right”

“Ok, let’s get into the car and start looking” Zack said.

“We’ll find her don’t worry” Jimmy patted my back.

I hope your right.