Run Baby Run

Hunting For Love

We were welcomed by the bright lights of the fair as we walked into the entrance. We were all paired into couples, Jimmy finally decided to ask Zee out-who was the girl he liked for the longest time- and Johnny finally decided to a grow a pair and asked Samantha out. I smiled as I felt Matt squeeze my hand with all care and pulled my closer to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. He kissed my forehead and then whispered.

“Where do you want to go first?”

I shrugged. “It doesn’t really matter to me but before this night ends I want to go on the Ferris Wheel.” He nodded and pointed towards the ticket booth.

“Sounds good, babe. I think we should get the bracelet so we don’t have to keep paying for tickets.”

“Yeah, ‘cause I don’t have that much money on me.”

He shook his head. “Well you don’t need your money.”

I pulled away and nudged him playfully. “Yeah I do. I’ll feel bad if you pay my ticket.”

“You always feel bad when I get you things, its about time you don’t. Just know that I do the things I do because I love you.”

“I hope you know that I love you.”

Arriving to the ticket booth, he bought two bracelets and then we went over to where everyone else was. Deciding that we would all meet each other at the Ferris Wheel around nine, Matt and I began walking to the ride Starship 2000, which was a ride that spins around really fast. Before reaching the ride he stopped me and pulled me to a game booth.

“What are you doing?”

He paid money to the man and began shooting hoops. “Winning you something. Isn’t that something every boyfriend does?”

“Yeah, but you’re no like every other boyfriend.” I smiled. He kissed me and then shot again. Not missing three throws in a row, I was no being asked to pick something. Tapping my chin, I looked around the section, trying to find the perfect thing. I pointed to an oversized Hello Kitty plush toy and Matt gladly took it for me. As we began walking, he handed it to me and kissed my cheek.

“Why thank you Mr. Sanders.” I said as I ran my hand against the head of the doll. It had a purple bow with a matching purple dress with a purse. I then looked at the crown that was on it, it had had a rainbow set of jewels and purple fuzzy lining at the bottom. We stopped for a second and I looked at Matt with a confused expression. He took off the crown, setting it on my head and I tried to take it off but then received a playful slap on the top of my hand.

“You will not take that off and you’re going to wear it all day tomorrow ‘cause that’s your real birthday.”

“But Matt,” I pouted.

“No buts,” he said with a smirk playing on his lips.

“Give me one good reason why I have to wear this tomorrow.”

“Because you love me.”

“That’s not fair!” I growled playfully. “You’re using my feelings as a way to get me to do things, genius but yet evil. “

“No, you’re just going to have to wait and see.”

I rolled my eyes and huffed. “Fine. But promise me that you’re going to go tomorrow.”

“Promise.”

---

Hearing the familiar sound of my alarm clock I shot out of bed, knocking it off the side of my bed. Matt had made me overly excited for my birthday and I was feeling something I never felt. I ran to the bathroom and hopped into the shower.

Kissing my dad on the cheek, I hurried out of the car and began power walking to where everyone else was. They all seemed huddled up together but there was someone missing…

“Woah! Happy birthday Belz!” Jimmy shouted as he hugged me. As he pulled away, he pointed to the crown on my head. “The looks suites you.”

I pushed him and smiled. “I know.”

“Happy birthday baby! How does it feel to be eighteen?” Kristey asked me as she tackled me into a hug.

“It feels the same.” I laughed. After everyone told me ‘Happy birthday’ I looked around, trying to find that one person I was looking forward to seeing. Realizing that he didn’t keep his promise, I frowned and sat down next to Johnny, resting my head on his shoulders.

“What’s wrong?” He asked me.

“He promised.” I simply stated trying to hide my disappointment. He started to fish something out of his pocket and then handed me a folded paper and a bag.

“What is it?” I asked as I took it from him. He smiled and then got up.

“I’ll see you later, B.”

Being left alone, I opened the bag revealing a Guitar Hero poster. It had three main characters and it was red, black and purple. I then turned my attention to the folded paper and opened it. I began reading it silently to myself.

Hey Baby,
I know you’re mad at me for not being there but please allow me to explain myself. You will be getting hints to where the next note is hidden, hinting where the next gift is. This is your first gift of the day. I got this for you because I want to let you know that you rock my world! Here’s the hint for the next one. “I know you want my body, fat kids are so sexy.” Happy hunting!
-Matt

Looking away from the note, I turned my attention to the sky and thought to myself.

Fat kids are so sexy?

That sounded so familiar. God, why wasn’t my train of thought going straight? Feeling a smile consume my lips, I put my stuff into my backpack and began running toward my first period class. I saw that guy who had my next hint and jumped on his back.

“Zack!”

He laughed and spun me around. “Yes?”

“You have what I want.” I slid off his back and he faced me with a dopey smile.

“Well I don’t think we should because you’re with Matt and I’m with Kim…” I slapped him playfully on the arm and growled.

“Not like that you perv. You know what I mean.” He crouched down searching in his backpack and he pulled out an envelope and another bag. I hugged him before dashing off to the bathroom. “Thank you!”

I dashed into a stall and threw my backpack on the floor and opened the envelope with excited hands. I pulled out the card that was inside it and a beaded bracelet fell out. I picked it up off the floor and began reading the note.

Babe,
You probably got the hint pretty quick, I couldn’t have been more obvious, huh? So as you can see I made you a bracelet and at first I thought it was going to be easy but shit I was pretty wrong. Every time I put the beads on, it would fall out the other end. Yeah, I know I’m such a dumbass for not tying the end, sue me. I made this for you to show you that I will always work hard to give you whatever your heart desires. Did I mention that you look absolutely adorable with that tiara on? Haha well the next hint is “’Cause bitch I’m violent J.”
-Matt

I frowned as I went into deep thought. I swear that I’ve heard that…but who?

It’s Jimmy!

I stuffed my things into my backpack and continued my hunt. I’m going to kill Matt for doing this but I have to admit that I loved it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a shitty update but yeah itll have to do. Im sorry it took my flipping forever but it works. Comments? Thanks again to all who stayed it means a lot!
-K