Run Baby Run

The Speed Of Pain

I was woken by the sound of Kristey’s cell phone ringing but didn’t bother to move. Three seconds passed by and she picked it up.

“Hello” she mumbled “4...no Brian…its 10 am…ok, ok…see you in a little” then she hung up.

After 5 minutes of silence I finally opened my eyes. Kristey was, what is seemed to me, sleeping and Kim was missing. My bedroom door opened and she appeared.

“Good morning” she smiled.

“Morning” I smiled back “Is she still sleeping?”

Kim kicked Kristey in the leg “Hey Kris you sleeping?”

She just groaned and turned to face the both of us “Brian fucking called me about 5 minutes ago”

“And” I motioned her to go on.

“He wants us ready in an hour” she continued “the guys want to take us out”

Then Kim kicked Kristey again “Get up then”

“Fine” Kristey grumbled and got up. By this time I was sitting up.

“Lets get ready!” I yelled.

It was 5 past 11 when I heard a knock at my door. I quickly got up from where I was sitting and walked towards the door. I opened it to reveal all the guys standing there.

“Hey you” Brian hugged me.

“Hey” I smiled back. He let go of me and then started walking towards the living room.

Then the rest of the guys pulled me into a group hug “Good morning!” they all shouted.

“Don’t you mean good afternoon?”

They all looked at each other “Good afternoon my sweet” then they all let go and did the same as Brian but Matt stayed behind them with me.

“So how was the sleepover?”

“Pretty fun. I have to admit though, those girls are really crazy” I laughed.

“What time you guys sleep?”

“4 or 4:30”

“Damn, are you tired?”

I shook my head “No, not really but Kristey was kind of pissed when Brian called”

He laughed “If I was partying and only had 6 hours of sleep I would be too”

We reached the kitchen to find that that was where everyone was.

Brian had his mouth full with food “wa yo ies wa do?”

“What?” I asked.

“He said what do you ladies want to do?” Kristey answered.

Brian nodded while chewing.

“How did you get that?”

She shrugged “When your boyfriend’s a pig you develop a skill of knowing what they say while eating”

“Its true” Kim added “besides we’re surrounded by them…no escape. You will learn one day”

“I have a feeling I am” I laughed.

“Belz, what the hell is with all this noise?” my dad yelled walking down the stairs. I didn’t know my dad was home, I thought he was at work. I turned around, shocked, to face him.

“Sorry dad, I thought you were working”

He was now in front of me “So you think just because your alone you can act wild? I don’t think so” he looked at everyone who was behind me and then looked at me “to the deck now”

Everyone was quiet and I followed my father outside.

“Who the fuck are those people Belinda?”

“My friends” I stated quietly.

“Your friends?” I felt like he was mocking me “You call those delinquents friends? Those people look like fucking low lives”

“Dad don’t talk about my friends like that and since when do you care who I hang out with? You never cared”

Right then and there my fathers fist collided with my face. “Don’t you fucking talk to me like that you little shit. You want to fuck around with them go right ahead” he walked back into the house and closed the door behind him. I fell to the floor with my hand against my soon to be bruised cheek. I wanted to cry so bad but I couldn’t. My friends were in the next room. I sighed and pushed everything to the back of my mind. I realized that a bruise was now formed. I got up and walked into the door on purpose hoping that would cover up the reason for my face.

“Fuck” I cursed pretending to be in pain. Jimmy quickly opened the door for me.

“Are you ok Belz?”

I nodded “Yeah I fucking forgot my dad closed the door”

Then Matt came up to me “Let me look at it” I hesitated not wanting him to see me. I looked up into his eyes and he pulled my hair out of my face. He looked at the bruise intensively and then at me. “How did this happen Belz?”

“I-I ran into the door. Didn’t you just see that?” I lied. He knew the truth; he just wanted me to say it.

But I wasn’t going to

He sighed deeply and then stepped back.

“Did we get you into trouble?” Brian asked worried.

“No you didn’t” I reassured him “now lets get going shall we?” I put a smile on. I wanted to forget this happened and I was.

Until I got home

“Come on guys, what movie you want to watch?” Johnny whined.

“I don’t know, how about Quarantine?” Matt answered.

“That looks scary,” I turned to Brian and Zack “you guys want to watch?”

The both nodded “Yeah sounds good”

“Ok” Matt turned to Jimmy “You cool with that man?”

Jimmy nodded his head eagerly “Yeah man lets go!”

We all walked up to the ticket booth and got our tickets. We all split the cost between the eight of us. We then walked to where the food was. Brian, Kristey, Zack, and Kim were in line. Jimmy and Johnny were with us. My mind went back to what happened a little while ago. The fact that my father hit me for the shittiest reason on earth. He hasn’t hit me since I was 12; since I could defend myself. I just don’t know what the hell his problem was with me this time.

“What do you want B?” Matt asked.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts “Peanut M&Ms please”

He nodded “ You want a drink?”

“No thanks”

“Ok” he smiled.

He bought me my M&Ms and then we walked to where the movies was going to be held. We sat down and then the previews were playing. A couple of minutes later all the guys came running and shouting into the theater. Everyone looked at them and then at us because Matt started shouting along with them. They finally reached our row.

Jimmy threw pieces of popcorn at me. I turned to Matt taking some of his and threw some back and him.

“You owe me popcorn now” Matt smiled.

“Put it on my list”

Then next thing I knew everyone was throwing popcorn and sweet tarts at me. Kim and Kristey were fighting over a box of Starburst. The box went flying across the theater and hit someone in the head. The guy looked at Brian and Zack as if they were to blame. The man then looked at the screen.

“What the fuck you guys” Brain laughed.

Kristey shrugged “What?”

Zack laughed “It looked like he wanted to kill us”

The credits for the movies started rolling.

The movies was ok, it gave me a scare. We spent almost the whole time having mini food fights and throwing candy at random people. I had fun, indeed.

“You like the movie?” Brian asked. We were walking in the mall that surrounded the theater.

“Yeah it was good”

“Johnny was scared shitless” Jimmy laughed.

“Was not” Johnny defended.

“You keep telling yourself that buddy”

“Whatever”

We were entering Hot Topic. Kristey and Kim dragged me with them to the clothes section. We all changed and then tried on a bunch of outfits. The guys were miserable except Jimmy. He kept handing us clothes and accessories to try on. After an hour of endless scattering of clothes we left the store. We all ran around the mall racing around in shopping carts. We then ran out before security caught up with us. Today was amazing, well it was when I’m not at home. We continued our reckless behavoir for the rest of the day.

My day ended when Matt dropped me off at home.

“Good night B” he kissed my forehead and hugged me.

“Good night Matt” I smiled and then got out of the car. I went to the porch step and pulled out my cell phone. It was midnight and I knew I was in for it. Matt then left with a wave and now I was alone to face my father. I took a deep breath and then slid my key into the lock. I quietly opened the door and entered the house.

My father was in the living room sleeping on the couch. There were 5 empty beer bottles and an empty vodka bottle. Disgusted, I walked up to my father quietly and turned off the TV. I looked at the bottles and then kept on walking towards my room. I got undressed and slid into a tank top and shorts. I crept into my bathroom and looked into the mirror. I locked my eyes with my reflection. I looked at my cheek and it was purple. I had to cover this up in time for school. I touched it and flinched, the pain was searing.

I walked out of the bathroom shutting off the lights behind me. I closed the door to my room and slid into my bed. I laid there in silence and then everything that happened finally sank in. Hot tears cascaded down my face soaking into my pillow. I cried silently for the fear of waking my father. The crying continued until my eyes felt heavy and closed, ending my misery.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK!! here it is guys!!

comments?

subscriptions?

the starburst inccident is based on a true story!!XD i just had to put that in

-K