I Hope to God He Was Worth It

Arrival

Image

---

I woke up to Ryan sleeping quietly and Brendon snoring loudly, figures.
My step mom was sleeping too from what I could tell and Dad was listening to music lowly.
I looked back at Ryan whose eyes started to slowly flutter open and looked directly into mine.

"Sorry, I probably woke you up." I sighed quietly remembering everyone was asleep.
"Of course you didn't. My dream was awkward." He laughed quietly.
"Mine was, realistic but it would never happen." I sighed turning to face him.

I poked him slightly making him twitch and start to giggle.

"You giggled!" I squealed as he tried to hold his laughter in.
"It's cute when you laugh." I said through blushed cheeks.

He smiled at me one of those golden smiled making me fall to the ground of the car.
I crawled under the seat and sighed to myself.
I popped up a seat ahead saying, "Here."

"Kay you are so clumsy." Brendon grumbled as he tossed himself over the seat landing on me wide awake, of course.
"Ow, you have a big butt Bren." I whined as I tried to crawl away.

Ryan held his hand out as I crawled under the seat.
He pulled me away from Brendon as our lips lightly brushed against each others.
We both laughed nervously as Brendon glared daggers at Ryan.
I guess Brendon didn't want to see that between us.

"We're here kids!" My dad cheered throughout the van as we passed by a sign saying 'Welcome to Las Vegas.'

Brendon and I sat back in our seats and averted our eyes to the bright lights of Las Vegas.
It was so big and bright, especially at might time.

"I'm going to love this place."

Ryan said in a trance as we passed Excalibur, a great castle looking hotel.

"You mean we will all love this place." I corrected him.
"Yea." Brendon sighed as we passed through the strip to a humongous looking neighborhood.

A few blondes passed by flinging their hair over their shoulders and pushing up their skirts to make them look more appealing to the visual eye.

"I am going to love this place." Brendon breathed as his eyes were glues on the girls.
"Not my type." Ryan laughed nervously as he glanced at me.
"Ryan, you're just a goody good and won't take a chance with a party girl." Brendon laughed as his eyes were still fixed on the two girls, now talking on their cell phones obnoxiously.
"I like sensitive girls who love, and not try and get other guys attention." Ryan said as he glanced at me again.
"Sounds like you Kay." Brendon said as he hit me playfully.
"Y-Yea." I stuttered as we came to a stop in front of a big white two story house.
"This is our house." My dad announced as we all started to file out of the car.
"Wow." Brendon and I said in unison as we stared in awe at our house.
"Damn." Ryan said as he filed out of the car too.
"I call dibs on what room I want first!" I screamed as I dashed for the front door.
"No fair!" Brendon screamed after me as I dashed up the stairs searching through the rooms for the best one.

I ran into one room with a microphone and a keyboard set up nicely and a room with dark red walls with gold trimming.

"I found your room Brendon." I panted as Brendon and Ryan came trudging up the stairs.

Brendon stared in awe at his room barely able to speak.

"Love it." Brendon sighed as I heard him plop down on his bed.

I went in search of my own room and came across Ryan's room.
Even though he didn't live here he was still a part of the family.

"Nice." Ryan laughed as he was occupied with his room.

I, on the other hand, headed farther down the hallway.
I opened a door that was painted green and opened it up to my room.
There was a window door leading out to a balcony over looking Las Vegas.
My room was a luscious green with various instruments like guitars, keyboards, and drums just to name a few.

"I bet- Oh my god." Brendon said speechless as he saw my room.
Ryan joined into the mouth gaping open to my room.
"You guys breath, and come out here." I laughed as they just looked in amazement in my room and came towards the stone balcony I was standing on.
"Did dad ever say anything about a party happening?" I asked as I looked down in our backyard with people setting up various things.
"Were having a party for you Kay, if you don't remember your own birthday." Brendon laughed.
"But it's tomorrow night." I said bursting his bubble.
"Ya know how dad likes to set up parties early, especially your birthday." He said as he looked over the balcony again.
"Well, I'm going to sleep if you two don't mind, now out." I said as I pushed them out of my room.
"We start school tomorrow." Ryan said as they were walking to their rooms.
"Here is your uniform." Brendon laughed lightly as he pushed a light blue skirt with a white dress shirt and a light blue vest.
"How dandy." I said sarcastically as I shut the door in his laughing face and threw the uniform on my dresser.

I closed my window door and closed the green curtains over them, just incase.
I slipped into my bed not bothering to change and clapped my hands turning out the lights.
Clapping lights, how fantastic.