I Hope to God He Was Worth It

Love

Image

---

"Derek!" I whispered while I knocked on his window.

He was sleeping!
I mean seriously, who sleeps at this time of day?
He slowly made movement and looked at the window where I was basically hanging.
He sat up and rubbed his eyes while I started to slip off of his roof.

"Derek, hurry up," I said as I glanced at the ground and he slowly made his way to the window and took his time to unlock it.
"Kay!" he said as he took my hand before I fell off of his roof.
"Sorry, I'm really tired." He sighed as he pulled me into his room.
"It's alright. I just need to change here so my brother doesn't suspect something." I smiled as I walked into his bathroom, that was nearby.
"So how was your first day of football practice?" Derek asked me as I heard him slup up against the bathroom door.
"Well, the coach slapped my ass. How do you think I feel?" I asked sarcastically as I slipped out of my football gear and uniform.
"Oh, sorry about that. It's football, so if you want to be me you have to get used to it," he said back through the door.
"Yea, yea." I sighed as I applied more eyeliner.

Even though it doesn't make me look any prettier, I still like and wear it.

"Do I look like how I do in school?" I asked as I opened the door making his stumble into the bathroom.
"Of course, you always look beautiful." He smiled nervously as I blushed.
"I-I better go," I stuttered as I shoved the foortball gear into my backpack.
"Wait," he said as he stood in front of the bathroom door blocking me from leaving.

He dipped his head forward and met his lips with mine.
I pressed back as he cupped my face with his hands.
I broke from the kiss looking away from him as it too him a while to adjust that we weren't kissing still.

"I'm sorry," Derek said as he hung his head.
"Don't be," I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest.
"This might be, weird because I just met you but, I love you," he said in a nervous tone as he rested his head on mine.
"I, love you too." I sighed as I nuzzled my head into his shoulder.

I love Ryan and Derek, why did I choose Derek?
I, can't even answer that for myself.

---

"Where were you today?" Brendon asked me as he leaned on my door frame while I sat on my bed listening to Saturday by Fall Out Boy.
"Hanging out with Derek, why do you care?" I sighed as I rolled up my sweats that I changed into when I got home.
"Cause I'm your big brother, and because your spending to much time with Derek." He sighed as he plopped himself next to me on my bed.
"Don't live my life Brendon, I'm 17 not 2! You, Ryan, and mom and dad. Just stop and leave me alone," I said as I ran down the stairs running by Ryan and out the front door.

---

"Back again I see." Derek laughed quietly as he pulled me through his window.
"I can't handle home." I sighed as I fell onto his bed.
"I'm sorry," he said as he laid next to me on his arm.
"Hug me," I said quietly as he smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

I suddenly felt my eyelids get heavy, making it harder for me to keep them open.
Thank god it was Friday, I could lay here all weekend.

"Kay?" Derek asked me as he shook my shoulders making my eyes open.
"Yea?" I asked as I looked up at him.
"Do you love Ryan?" he asked me as he averted his eyes away from mine.
"Not as much as you." I lied as I smiled and i sweetly placed a kiss on his cheek.
"I feel so special," he said in a little kid voice.
"Ed," I finished for him.

He smiled as he kissed me making me fall back onto his bed that I was already laying on.
He kissed the crook of my neck and rested his head there.
We fell asleep like that, bascially.

Monday-Morning

"Kay, I want you to meet someone," Brendon said as he pushed me into the court yard to a group full of girls.
"Bren, I don't get along with girls too well," I said as I tried to squirm away.
"Trust me, you'll get along with these girls," he said as he pushed me forward as the girls stared at us.
"My girlfriend Blair, her friends Erelin, and Nic," Brendon said as he wrapped his arm around Blair's waist kissing her cheek.
"Hello, Kayley's the name," I said as I held out a hand towards them.
They all shook my hand and smiled.
"Want to eat lunch with us?" Erelin asked as she looked at the group as they nodded.
"Sure." I shrugged as Brendon kissed Blair's cheek again and wandered off to hang out with Ryan and some other guy friends he had.
"So, what grade are you in?" Nic asked me as we started to slowly move towards the school's hallways.
"I'm a junior, sadly." I sighed as we pushed our way through a group of freshmens that gave us a glare.
"At least your not a freshmen," Blair said as she sighed and rubbed her temple.
"Well, I have to get to my first period, see ya," I said as I waved to them and headed off to Science.