The Da Vinci Term

HOUSE OF WOLVES VALENTINE’S SPECIAL

February 14...

“I cant believe Mr. Way doesn’t let anyone out tonight!” Alex screamed and threw her stuffed bear across the room. Her eyes were red from crying, she puts her hands on her beautiful face and started sobbing again.

“Oh, you know the rule, Alex… No outings on weekdays…” Haru said and puts her arms around Alex.

“But it’s Valentine’s Day! And I have a date with Mikey!” she screamed, causing other girls in the common room to turned their heads to her.

“Valentine’s Day or not, rules are rules,” Haru said and hugged her friend tightly.

“Did you just say you have a date with Mikey?” Nicole asked from across the room.

Alex nodded. “Yeah. Mikey Way. The most popular boy in school…” she continued, slightly bragging about her Valentine’s date. Nicole shook her head, got up from the couch and walked to Alex.

“I think you must be confused…” Nicole said. “I AM Mikey’s valentine’s date!” she added, rolling her eyes at Alex.

“NO! I AM MIKEY’S DATE!” Alex screamed.

“Oh really? In your dreams!” Nicole said, flashing the text message which Mikey sent her. It reads:

‘Be my valentine? Let’s hang out!’

“That’s FAKE! I have the real one!” Alex said, showing the exact text message on her cell phone.

“Who are you calling fake, Fake?” Nicole said and soon both girls were fighting about who’s the real Mikey’s date for valentine. Other girls, who were in the room became an instant audience before the cracking sound at the window caused both girls to stop fighting.

“FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!” Frank, who was sneaking out from their fraternity house cheered and climbed from the window into the Common Room. Despite his House Master, Mr. Adam Lazzara warnings of not going out at night, he did so anyway. That’s because he’s Frank Iero, the most popular rebel in school.

“Yo girls, let’s go out! Club Cabana have a special Valentine’s party tonight!” He said, looking around excitedly at the girls.

“But House Master Way doesn’t allow outings at nights…” a girl named London said, looking half disappointed to the fact that she cannot come to the party with Frankie.

“Owh, cmon. He won’t know!” Frank said. As soon as he finished talking, Mikey climbed in from the window and stood in front of the girls.

“Yo.” he said, waving to them.

“You bastard!” Alex and Nicole said at once and tackled Mikey. The lanky boy fell onto the floor and the two girls jumped on him just in time when the door to the common room swung open and House Master Way, clad in his three piece black suit, stood at the door. Upon seeing Mikey lay on the floor with two girls on top of him, he screamed,

“Jesus! No sex in my House!” He shouted, running towards the students and pulled the two girls away from Mikey. Frankie, on the other hand, was already jumping out of the window and running helter-skelter upon seeing Gerard entering the room.

“Geez, bro. Thanks!” Mikey said and wiped the dust off his black Misfits T shirt.

“What the hell are you doing here! I told you NOT to come here at any time!” Gerard shouted, and the girls winced.

“But it’s Valentine’s! I wanted to ask them out!” Mikey said, defending himself.

“I don’t care if it’s Valentine’s or not. No boys here! Now, out!” Gerard said and shoved Mikey to the door.

“C’mon bro! Chill!” Mikey said as Gerard ushered him out of the Common Room. A few minutes later, he walked back into the room and looked at the girls.

“I thought I made it very clear to you girls that absolutely no boys allowed here in House Of Wolves,” he said and puts his hands on his hips.

“They come in by themselves, sir,” Annabeth explained, and pointed to the window from where the boys came in.

“The next time they’re here, just send them to me…. And what happen to both of you?” he asked, looking straight to Alex and Nicole.

The two girls wiped the tears from their eyes and sobbed.

“Mikey asked me to be his valentine’s date,” Nicole said. Alex rolled her eyes at her,

“No. He asked me first!” said Alex.

Gerard shook his head. “Typical Mikey,” he thought to himself.

“Allright, allright, come here girls,” Gerard said and hugged both girls in his arms. “I’m sorry Mikey did that to you. Young boys can be a real pain sometimes” he added soothingly to them. Alex and Nicole wiped the tears in their eyes.

“Are you a pain when you were young too, Mr Way?“ Nicole asked. Gerard chuckled.

“I think I’m pretty nice,“ he said, turning to face the other girls in the Common Room.

“So you girls are celebrating Valentine’s Day like Bridget Jones?” he asked, gesturing to the ‘Love Actually’ re-runs on TV, a box of chocolates and a few scented candles on the coffee table. The girls nodded.

“We are unwanted,” London said sadly.

“No boys wanted to date us,” chirped Annabeth.

“Aww girls, you are all beautiful. The boys must be blind not to notice someone as special as you,” he said, taking his seat on the leather couch between the girls and a girl named Crissy passed him the chocolate.

“Thanks Crissy. Belgian chocolates, my favourite.”

Then, the door swung open, and the rest of House Of Wolves residents came into the Common Room. The girls who were already in the Common Room, stood up and joined their friends at the door.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Mr Way!” said the girls. The House Captains- Blue, Maegan and Nita brought a big heart-shaped cake and some girls at the back were holding a giant hand made card with a big ‘Be Our Valentine’ written on it.

Gerard was stunned.

“Wow.” He finally managed to say after a few seconds of silence.

The Wolvers and their House Master later had a little Valentine’s party at the Common Room- although it was nothing special compared to the ones at Club Cabana and other fancy places, all of them were happy and enjoying themselves that night. At the end of the party, one of the girls asked Gerard to give them a kiss, but Gerard politely declined.

“You know, it’s against the rule for a teacher to do that. I don’t wanna get sued or kicked from the school for such action,” he said and smiled kindly. The girls let out a groan.

“However…” He said, and walked to Crissy who was standing closest to him. He hugged her and pecked her on the forehead. Crissy was stunned and her cheeks blushed.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Crissy,” He said and moved to the girl standing next to her until all the forty Wolvers in the Common Room get a hug and a kiss from him.

“ I love you all so much,” he said, slightly blushing.

The party ended ten minutes before lights-off time and when Gerard walked back to his quarters, he smiled to himself as he recalled back all the happy and sad moments he had with the girls. That feeling of excitement, of hope, of pure happiness and pride… He smiled to the thoughts of each one of them in the House, all high spirited and ready to take on their teenage world and even though they didn’t know what the future have for them, they were so ready to face it all. And that thoughts made him happy; he wouldn’t cry about it, he would embrace every seconds of it…

The next morning…

“AAAAAAA!!!!!” a girl on the second floor screamed excitedly.

“AWWWWW!!!! THAT‘S THE SWEETEST THING EVER!”.said another from the other end of the hallway.

“I GOT ONE TOO!” said a girl who was clad with a towel on the third floor.

“EVERYONE WAKE UP! GO CHECK YOUR DOOR!!!!!” announced House Captain Blue as she ran across the third floor hallway, knocking on each door. In her hand, there was a piece of card… A card that every girls in the House Of Wolves later found pasted on their doors that morning…. It reads…

Image

It was from House Master Way himself...

.....Happy (belated) Valentine’s Day, everyone.