Learn to Spell, God!

Stalion Duck

Zacky’s POV

Wow. Five whole hours to get to Jackson. It was stupidly long journey to do. Luckily, we could walk around and go to the loo as we pleased, meaning the journey was probably the shortest it could have been. Matt did a good job going all that time with out stopping. But, he did have Pippa to keep him company so I’m sure he was very content in the cab.

I spent my time with Layla. When I was properly awake I made the effort to apologise for my ‘inappropriate’ behaviour. I couldn’t help myself. She did say sorry for slapping me though. I didn’t mind too much. Many people have slapped me before; I just wasn’t expecting that one. We were quite happy staying curled up on the free sofa, whispering about loads of random things. She has the cutest giggle ever! I’m glad we have these girls on tour with us.

It was a bit of a disappointment when we got to Jackson really. Layla suddenly became very subdued, and Jimmy and Jenn appeared from upstairs not looking too happy due to our arrival. Brian gave a very load groan, obviously very comfy lying on the sofa, with Sophie resting on top of him.

“Ah man! We didn’t even get time to watch Pretty Woman.” Sophie whimpered, not making any effort to move from her position.

“Pretty Women?!” I asked, trying not to laugh. Brian and chick flicks don’t really mix. I received a glare from Sophie, whilst Brian just chuckled.

“I like Pretty Woman, thank you very much!” Layla said.

“Sorry!” I held up my hands in defeat. “I just never pictured Brian as a chick flick watcher.”

I stood up, offering her a hand. She took it willingly and we walked off the bus into the bright light of the sun. Layla pulled a Fedora from behind her back to shield her eyes. It looked suspiciously like one of Brian’s, but I’d let him figure it out when he bothered to get off the bus.

“Dudes!” A familiar voice came from the distance, followed by two lots of barking.

Ichabod ran straight to me, jumping up at my leg. God how I missed him. Layla looked a little anxious, so I picked him up for her to pet. He usually calms down quickly when he’s in someone’s arms, so she had nothing to worry about.

“Oh my God! The Berry brothers!” Layla screamed, startling me. She began breathing really quickly; I was sure she would hyperventilate and end up passing out. Luckily, she managed to keep it together.

“Where have you guys been? We need to set up for tonight!” Matt said, embracing them both in a hug.

“Tonight? It’s a good thing we’re here really.” Jason Berry laughed.

“You’d be playing for an empty arena if you set up tonight! You guys are on tomorrow!” Matt Berry continued.

Everyone’s faces dropped at this news. How could we have been so thick as to forget what days we were playing?! On the upside, we could relax and take the rest of the day off to explore, and even find a hotel to terrorise rather than sleeping in those God awful bunks. I for one was going to sleep!

“Yes! That means we can go get Sophie birthday presents!” Danni suggested. So much for sleeping then.

Layla lifted Pinkly up onto the bus, and went to tell Sophie and Brian – who had still not bothered to move from the couch – the plan. I reached the lounge just after her, to be met with the sight of Brian . . . torturing Sophie? Well it looked and sounded like it. Then I realised she was giggling and he was just tickling her.

“Stop touching her up! Geesh! We’re going shopping, after I’m changed.” Layla ran up the stairs, and Sophie escaped Brian’s attack to also change, I think.

*

“C’mon, let’s go!” Layla dragged me away from the loos in the mall towards the shops. I don’t much like shopping, and something tells me that shopping with Layla may be painful.

“What am I supposed to do?” Brian called after us. He was now stood by him self waiting for Sophie to finish in the toilet.

“Humour her!” Layla yelled back, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. The last we heard from Brian was a loud scoffing and a deep sigh.

I was pulled through the crowds towards the clothing end of the mall. My heart rate quickened and I began sweating. It wasn’t because Layla’s hand was clasped firmly around my own, though I’m sure that wasn’t helping my nerves, but I’m really no good at shopping. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to it.

I could breathe a sigh of relief when we completely bypassed the women’s clothing, and the men! Then my nerves began to perk up again, because next was the underwear department. At this point, I began to pull back slightly from Layla.

“That!” She pointed ahead of her. I couldn’t see what had caught her fancy, and I prayed it wasn’t in any of the surrounding lingerie shops!

I love how Pure Poisons members have such high immaturity levels. Really. Layla had seen an over sized rubber duck, and decided – thanks to some inside joke between herself and Sophie – that i would be the perfect present for her. I continued the theme of over sized presents by getting a one kilo chocolate bar for Sophie whilst Layla purchased her duck.

Walking back to the bus with a super sized duck under one arm and large bar of chocolate in the other, means you receive tons of weird looks from people. Why Layla couldn’t have carried her own purchase was a mystery. I was going to make sure she paid though.

“Whoa! Now that is a stallion duck!” Jimmy nearly wet himself upon seeing what was wedged under my arm. I handed it back to Layla now we were safely on the tour bus. She went to walk away and present Sophie with the gift, when I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

The walkway was very narrow, so I had her pinned against the wall. I made eye contact with her, noticing her eyes had dilated suddenly. She looked so nervous, and I was going to enjoy this very much.

“I think you owe me for carrying that duck around.” I said. Her face was still a vision of shock, littered with fear.

“W-w-what?” Her voice was shaking so badly.

I simply leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers. It was a little awkward with the duck and chocolate bar at first, so we both just dropped them. I pulled back momentarily, just in case. She obviously didn’t like this because her hands made their way around my neck and forced me forwards again.

Just as I’d got myself comfy resting against her, there was a flash and a little giggle. I pulled away, again, and looked away from a dazed Layla. Sophie was stood, getting red in the face with laughter holding a camera.

“That was cute!” She announced and skipped back into the lounge area. Layla was now looking at her shoes, blushing violently.

When we made it into the lounge, there was a discussion already in full swing about sleeping arrangements.

“There are only eight bunks, and we can’t get a decent hotel at such short notice.” Johnny explained. “There are four of us that will have to share two bunks.”

“Sophie and I will share.” Brian winked over at Sophie, who promptly turned the same shade of pink as Layla.

“Same for us two.” I gestured between myself and Layla. There was wolf whistles from the guys.

Layla thrust the duck into Sophie’s hands and muttered a brief belated birthday before trying to disappear into the background. She smiled briefly as Sophie began laughing hysterically and continued inspecting her old converse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wowza! 69 comments.
LOL at 69!
Ha.

I say 75 for an update. 74 maybe?! But seeing how many we got this time, you know we want more.
=D

Sophi xxx