Learn to Spell, God!

Airports and Goodbyes

Zacky’s POV

Pure Poison’s performance wasn’t as energetic as usual tonight. But, that’s understandable really. Three of them had just lost one of their best friend’s. Whilst we were waiting for the Berry’s to set up out stuff, we helped the girls organise their short notice return to California. They’re flying back tomorrow morning.

We had an addition to our set. We normally have A Little Piece of Heaven as the encore, but tonight we’re having Dear God. Why? So the girls know how much they mean to us.

Stepping out onto the stage, we were met by screams that over powered the sound of the organ for Critical Acclaim. After Critical Acclaim, we powered out way through Second Heartbeat, Afterlife, Beast and The Harlot, Scream, Seize The Day, Walk, Bat Country, Almost Easy, Gunslinger and Unholy Confessions. We interspersed the songs with our usual onstage banter, exciting the crowd and picking up things that were thrown onto the stage. After Unholy Confessions we left the stage. Immediately, the crowd started chanting ‘Sevenfold!’ It still gets me when they do that. I’ve grown to adore it. We let the encore video finish playing before we returned to the stage for the encore.

“Well Orlando, you may have noticed that our support act weren’t at their best tonight, but that’s understandable. They got a call today, saying that their best friend has died. They didn’t go out on the best of terms, and they regret that. Tomorrow, they’re flying back to California for a few days, so you lucky people got their last performance until Friday at the least. So this song goes out to them and to anyone who has ever had to leave someone they love.” Matt said as Brian played the introduction for Dear God.

A lonely road, crossed another cold state line,
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find,
While I recall all the words you spoke to me,
Can’t help but wish that I was there,
Back where I’d love to be, oh yeah.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is,
To hold her when I’m not around,
When I’m much too far way,
We all need that person who can be true to you,
But I left her when I found her,
And now I wish I’d stayed,
‘Cause I’m lonely and I’m tired,
I’m missing you again oh no,
Once again.

There’s nothing here for me on this barren road,
There’s no one here while the city sleeps,
And all the shops are closed,
Can’t help but think of the times I’ve had with you
Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is,
To hold her when I’m not around,
When I’m much too far way,
We all need that person who can be true to you,
But I left her when I found her,
And now I wish I’d stayed,
‘Cause I’m lonely and I’m tired,
I’m missing you again oh no,
Once again.

Some search, never finding a way,
Before long, they waste away,
I found you, something told me to stay,
I gave in, to selfish ways,
And how I miss someone to hold,
When hope begins to fade…

A lonely road, crossed another cold state line,
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is,
To hold her when I’m not around,
When I’m much too far way,
We all need that person who can be true to you,
But I left her when I found her,
And now I wish I’d stayed,
‘Cause I’m lonely and I’m tired,
I’m missing you again oh no,
Once again.


Normally, when we play Dear God live, we don’t play the extended instrumental bit at the end. But this evening, we did. About halfway through it, I glanced at the side of the stage and saw Pure Poison standing there, in their entirety, all their faces stained with tears. When we finished playing we did the required ‘throwing guitar picks into the audience’, before promptly exiting the stage and each hugged a member of Pure Poison. By the looks on their faces, it was exactly what they needed at that moment.

***

Airports, don’t you hate them? The amount of time you’ll spend in them in your life time saying goodbye to the people you love. Today just happened to be one of those times. We made a total scene in the airport, the girls crying and us comforting them.

Before they boarded the plane, we all said our goodbyes, each taking one of the girls and saying something to them. Syn and Sophie excused themselves to ‘go and get a drink’, translation ‘this is going to be emotional, give us a moment’. This spurred the rest of us to do the same. Me and Layla went and sat on those uncomfortable chairs they always provide but never have enough of.

“Everything’s gonna be okay, y’know.” I reassured her, she gave me her first genuine smile of the day.

“I know it is Zack, thank you.” She wrapped her arm around my waist, taking me by surprise.

“For what? I haven’t done anything.” I felt slightly confused.

“This past week, you’ve been there for me. You’ve been the kind of person Ali was before he moved. And I missed having someone like that in my life. So thank you.” She told me, still smiling, but weakly now, a tear in her eye.

“You don’t have to thank me. I’ll always be here for you, whatever happens. Wherever you are, I’ll always be with you.” I said. A tear ran down her cheek. Gently, I bought my thumb up to her face and wiped it away.

“You have no idea what it means to hear you say that.”

“No, I don’t. But hopefully one day I will.” I pulled her in for a hug and we sat there for a few minutes in silence, just enjoying each others company.

She stood up and took my hand, leading me back to the rest of our group, who were currently standing in the middle of the airport. Their flight had just been called. There were some last minute goodbyes before they pulled their passports out of their bags and walked away from us towards their boarding gate. We stood their, watching them walk away, until they had gone through the boarding gate and we could no longer see them. We turned towards the exit and started making our way back to the tour bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Righty, here's my second chapter.
Hope you like it =]
Sophie, now you can update =]
Loveage and Skittles!
xxx