Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 03: Familiar

[Flashback]

The whole entire lobby was destroyed. Bodies everywhere, all I can hear is an annoying ‘eeeeeee’ sound. I felt blood running down my cheek and it was coming from my right temple.

“Emily!” I heard my name in an echo. It was faint and almost unbearable. I could tell I wasn’t really on earth because I still hadn’t processed what had happened yet. “EMILY!” Nicholas yelled as he shook me. He was also bleeding and he looked… angry. His teeth were gritted. He was angry at me. “Emily!”

I blinked and looked more directly at him.

“There is a fight going on… you must fight!”

“Matt…” My voice was hoarse and barely audio able. “Where’s Matt?!”


[End of Flashback]

I snapped my eyes open at the sound of the alarm next to me. I hit the ‘off’ button and threw the covers over.

I took a quick shower and dressed in my training outfit. Nicholas asked for me to train the new recruiters. The rumor went around fast last evening and Nicholas had to schedule training outside because most people wanted to watch.

I drank some blood Nicholas had ready for me at the bar in my room. He thought of everything. I felt sorry for him though, he lost Jessica at the night of the attack, that’s why he was mad at me… and I was mad at myself. I didn’t prevent it from happening. I should’ve if I would’ve just married Edward. Enough about that.

***

I didn’t have breakfast and apparently neither did the others, good idea, because after this morning of training they won’t have anything to throw up.

“Okay, this will be the hardest training in your life. If you think the: Navy, Army or Marine’s was hard then this will be one hundred times harder. Your body will ache for weeks and you will wish you wouldn’t have come this morning.”

I looked at all of their faces; men and women. All of them thinking the exact same thing.

[What is she talking about? I can do this.]

I smiled a wicked smile. “Right! Let’s get to it. Drop and give a hundred and no I’m not kidding.”

“But—“

“Now!” I barked. They look nervously at each other for a while before slowly going down to the floor and started doing push-ups.

I moved on to the technique Itachi taught me and then I taught Edward. Most of them fell of the platform and didn’t even make it half-way.

I told them to put away their guns and they started cursing me in their heads, which I could care less about. I took out swords, wood ones.

“With me you will learn how to win a battle with dignity and not with that bullet shit. Though, I do use it, but when it comes to face to face combat, I use only my sword.”

Immediately I spotted the cocky one. He was a bit buff and he was well coordinated. As he fought a guy who was half his size. He smirked as he brought the guy to his knees and pointed the wooden end to the guy’s throat. He looked at me and smiled wider.

“Think you’re all mighty for taking down a guy half your size? Let’s see you play with the big boys.” I took a spare wooden sword and took my position.

He laughed.

“What?”

“You’re a girl.”

I smirked.

“Then it should be easy to beat me.”

He laughed and since I knew what he was thinking, he thought he could put a double on me but I blocked his ‘surprise’ attack with ease. He growled as I held the sword with one hand and he had both of them trying to push me. His face started to turn red. I did one swift push and he was on his back on the ground.

“Get up.” I took two steps again. He stood up and dusted himself. His eyes narrowed at me.

“Ahhh!” This was also familiar, someone attacking me with anger. I thought of William and the guy almost took a good hit at me but I blocked him just in time. The thought of William brought bad thoughts and so I finished the guy up.

Before he could think, I was behind him with the fake sword on his throat.

“Emotions… they get in the way.”

I released him.

“I’m Agent Miller.” The guy offered his hand. I looked at it and turned away.

“Dismissed… after five laps.”

They bitched and moaned but I growled at them and they begin to run. Miller stayed behind; I gave him a look.

“I said five laps.” I said more firmly. He winked at me before going with the others. I rolled my eyes at his perverted thoughts of him and me together, not likely to ever happen.

{Dinner}

I spoke with Daniel. He told me about his family and about how my nieces were doing and my great-nieces. They know about me, but they think I’m dead. I was just glad to hear he had a normal life, well sort of, his wife doesn’t know he works for the paranormal and that I’m still alive.

“Amelia looks a lot like you, she has your eyes.” Daniel smiled and his eyes sparkled as he talked about his family. I felt envious. He had his family and I have a whole in my chest that doesn’t let me breathe properly.

“Why did you name her Amelia?”

“I thought it would be obvious—“I give him a confused look “—because it sounds like Emilia.” He playfully punches my arm, which I didn’t even feel.

“I’m honored.” I smiled. I looked down at my plate. I felt Daniel’s eyes on me, he was observing me.

I missed him so much. I feel like half of me is missing and at night I hate closing my eyes because his eyes pop in my head and his voice calls for me. I can’t help it, I cry at night.

“You should call him.” Daniel whispered, he knew me well, he knew I was talking about Matt.

“He’s on a mission.”

“Because you wanted him away.” He rightfully pointed out.

“Daniel—“ I started but he cuts me off.

“No! Emily, listen to me, you love him! More than love, it’s something beyond that, and you’re too stubborn to admit that what you did was really wrong.”

“You don’t know what you’re talki—“

“He cries at night, you know.” I tried to make it look it didn’t shock me. “Not anymore, of course,” He continued and I give him a confused look. “Don’t you know?” I shook my head. His eyes grew worried; he glanced at Nicholas really quickly.

“What are you talking about, Danny?” I asked, I almost pleaded.

“Why didn’t Nicholas tell you?” He thought out-loud.

“Hello? Still here,” Then I remembered I could read minds, some assassin I am, and so I entered his mind and I caught a picture in his head.

The room stopped moving, my whole world was crashing and I couldn’t pick up the pieces.

“No.” I whispered it was a picture of Matt and some new vampire girl; the girl had really light-brown hair and beautiful green eyes.

I clenched my hands into fists.

“It’s all right,” I choked. “He had to move on, I would’ve.” I lied; I would’ve waited for him for all eternity if necessary.

“You’re not good at lying to me, Emily. It pains you to know he’s moved on. Your eyes give it all away.

I blinked away the tears that threaten me to look vulnerable.

“No,” I lied, again, “I’m fine… I’m fine. I am fine.” I assured myself more than Daniel. He gives me a sympathetic look. “I swear I’m fine. I’m only going to be here for a couple of days, they’ll move Jake again, they always do, and he always does.” By ‘he’ I meant Edward. “I’m getting close, Daniel. They’ll pay for what they did to Jacob and Olivia.”

“Revenge never resolves—“

“This isn’t revenge, Daniel; this is getting even, his life for the ones of everyone who died that night.”

“I just hate what you’ve become.” He regretted letting those words escape his lips.

“What I’ve become? And exactly what is that, Danny?” I was on my feet and for a sixty or fifty something year old, he stood on his feet pretty fast.

“You’ve become colder and more heartless!”

“HE KILLED OUR SISTER!!” I roared in anger, I was seriously pissed off. Didn’t he care that Edward killed Olivia and bit Jacob and then took him?!

“But I’m not letting revenge take over my life and ruin my relationship! Emily… just come back, stop hunting ghost, you’ll never find Edward, he has so many people at his disposal”

“I’m not letting Olivia’s death go untaken care of. Don’t you care?!”

“Of course but killing Edward won’t bring Olivia back, Emily.”

“I know that, but it will sure as hell make things even.”

“Have you even considered Itachi?”

“Of course, he’s also my main target—“

“He can beat you.”

“I’ve been training.”

“And you think it’s enough?”

I didn’t answer him because, frankly, I don’t know if I’m ready to face someone as strong as Itachi. He knows me; he knows how I work and how I think. It’s scary when someone knows what you’re about to do next.

I gulped.

“I want him dead. I want him to suffer as I have for the last fifty fucking years, Dan. I can—can’t tell you how it hurt me to leave everyone behind. To leave Matt, Daniel. But… I put family above everything and Matthew knew that.”

***

After our heated argument, I went back to my room. Over the years music is the only thing that has kept me sane. I followed all the changes of music. I preferred rock, though; it helped with my anger issues.

I took my I-pod touch and placed it on the I-tunes stereo thing and I scrolled down to “Step Up” by Drowning Pool.

The song started and I banged my head as went to my weapon closet and took my sword. It was time to polish them.

“Another day, if you wanna step up, you’re gonna get knock down.” I sang to the lyrics.

When the song ended, it went to the other song of Drowning Pool “Let the bodies hit the floor”.

When that was over, I moved it to my play list of “Polishing Sword” which consisted of many bands: Evanescence, MCR and AFI, but I mostly had oldies like: The Ramones, Metallica and Anthrax.

I cleaned my sword with special oil that smelled like roses.

Now, I know you’re sad because Olivia died… and William as well. It hurts to know I’ll never hear her voice again or see her sparkling eyes. I blamed myself, I still sort of do. Technically, the roof killed her because it collapsed on her and William wasn’t able to save her and he died with her, sort of like Romeo and Juliet, but Juliet was really dead.

[Flashback] (Again)

Itachi succeeded on injuring me, again. My shoulder was bleeding and I wasn’t healing fast enough.

[Why can’t I call my powers on command?!] I thought in anger. I coughed blood and wiped my mouth.

“Another humiliating defeat, Devi-chan?” Itachi snickered.

I glared at him and he laughed. I gripped my sword tighter and lunged at him with a lot of anger. He blocked most of my blocks but when I attacked him once and I twirled around and surprised attack him I was able to drive my sword in his right shoulder and he screamed in pain. I twisted the sword and he roared.

I took the sword out and took my stance again. I watched as Itachi fell to his knees in pain and just as I was about to cut his head off, someone threw a dagger at my back. I screamed in pain and dropped my sword.

“Pay’s back a bitch, isn’t it?” Edward hissed at me.

I coughed more blood.

“Don’t you dare die… I want you to see as I kill everyone in your family.” He whispered in my ear. I was too weak to do anything. I removed the dagger off of my back and whimpered. He picked my up by the waist and held me like a rag doll next to him. “You do look beautiful, Emily.”

“Burn in fucking hell, Edward.” I hissed.

He smirked. “Not until I have my pay back… starting with…” He gestured his hand in front of me and I couldn’t process what was in front of me. The battle going around me faded to nothing. The only thing that mattered was that Olivia’s hand was visible under a huge pill of cement from the ceiling, from the explosion.

“No.” I whispered, I felt the tears going down my cheeks like a water fall. Edward held me tighter as I struggled to get out of his grip to help Olivia. “Let me go! Let me save her!!” I screamed but I had no strength. “Please… let me help her!” I begged.

“It is so much fun seeing you squirm so much, Emily.” He cupped my jaw and crashed his lips on me and shoved his tongue down my throat. He kissed me with hate and anger.

He pulled away and strikes me across the face.

A familiar, warm feeling went through my body, it was that surge of power I had last time but this time the power was beyond me. This time it wasn’t fire, it was more of a wave of force. Pure energy, nothing more and I felt it inside of me and it wanted to come out.

I felt my eyes change entirely black and saw Edward’s terrified expression as he saw my eyes.

A swirl of wind moved around me. I stood on my feet because suddenly I had all the strength of the world. Nothing could stop me…. Nothing.


[End of Flashback
♠ ♠ ♠
A lot of people thought it was Matthew whom was missing but... ah ha! There was a twist... it was Jacob, so basically. Edward bit Jacob to turn him and then took him, why? You'll see later on. Muahahaha, I'm evil.