Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 05: Let's Dance

I growled as I lay on the bed of the hospital of the headquarters. As you can guess, things didn’t end so well for me. I found out something…dangerous. Jacob had the same gene as I have and now has powers as well and it hard to fight him because he was at the peak of his and mine were… old. By the way he moved I knew Itachi was his sensei, which means he told him what I would do. Stupid Itachi, he should die in a very dark hole with no way out.

I removed the IV from my arm and crossed my arms and looked at the ceiling. Someone entered my room, it was Matt’s new girlfriend, and I remembered her from Danny’s mind. She gave me a sweet smile that I didn’t return.

“I’m going to check your vitals, okay?” Her voice was, of course, angelic and sweet.

“I have no vitals.” I snapped, not a good time to mess with me.

She gulped and nodded.

“It was nice meeting you, Emily.”

“Uh-huh…whatever your name is.”

“Allison, but you can call me Allie.” She walked out of the room and I was thankful because another second with her and she would’ve been dead.

I fiddled with my fingers. My wounds were healing a lot slower since they were deeper and I had lost a lot of blood.

The door opened again and I sighed without looking.

“I don’t need anything, Allison.”

“It’s not Allison.” Matt sat on the arm chair next to me. He looked at me attentively.

“What do you want, Matthew?”

“Just checking on you.” He said simply.

“Thanks…now you can leave.”

“Why are you pushing me away?”

[Why did you get a girlfriend?] I thought.

“I don’t need this.” I threw the covers over and touched the cold floor on the side that wasn’t facing Matt. I was still in my robe, but I didn’t care, he had seen everything.

When I reached the door to open it, it was closed again by Matt, his palm still on the door and we were face to face glaring at each other.

“You better let go before you lose that arm.” I growled at him, my eyes changed color.

“You think you can just avoid this conversation?”

“Watch me.” I raised my palm and a wave hit him sending him across the room and hit the wall leaving a dent. I opened the door and immediately zoomed to my room and locked the door.

There was a loud knock on my door.

“Piss off, Matt!” I yelled.

“It’s Danny.”

Good, I was going to make him pay for bringing him back. I threw the door open with my powers.

“I know you’re mad but I couldn’t just let out go out there alone and I was right you almost died… again!” He threw his hands in the air.

“Don’t be so melodramatic, I had everything under fucking control.”

“What happened?”

My words got stuck in my throat.

“Itachi.” I lied.

“You’re lying, tell me the truth.”

“As cliché as this sounds ‘You can’t handle the truth’.” I quoted.

“I’ve got the right to know, he’s my brother, too, Emily.”

“He doesn’t remember us, Danny.”

“What?”

“He doesn’t remember us; he thinks we’re the enemy. He’s… powerful.”

“Jacob? Our Jacob?”

“Yes; Danny, it’s not him any more, they’ve made him into a killing machine! His eyes are of a cold murderer!”

“It wasn’t Itachi, was it?”

“No.” I whispered.

Danny took a couple of minutes to take it all in. He sat on one of my arm chairs and rubbed his face.

“You don’t have to act tough, Emily.”

I gave him a confused look.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

Danny chuckled, the I-can’t-believe-you chuckle.

“Do you cry at all?”

“Crying is a weakness.”

“God, when did you turn your heart cold?”

His words stung me. I remained silent.

“You didn’t even cry at Olivia’s funeral.” He was angry now. “Why did you leave?”

“Danny—“

“No! You not only left Matt, Emily, you left ME! You left me with a huge burden. WHY DID YOU LEAVE?!” He roared in so much anger.

I didn’t have answer, because I didn’t know it either.

I left him in my room as I ran out of the building and into the forest. I ran with everything I had, which wasn’t much.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” I screamed when I reached a cliff that over looked the forest. I did it several times, again, and again until I felt tears running down my face.

My life had become such a nightmare.

I felt a pair of arms go around me and I didn’t care who it was, but I held him closer to me as I cried. I couldn’t stand the pain. It was too much for me. I couldn’t handle the hurt and the pain. It was overwhelming and I couldn’t hold it in anymore.

Fifty years I’ve kept my feelings bottled up, until now.

“I failed her… and Jacob. I don’t know if he’s even Jacob any more.”

When I stopped crying, I looked into Matt’s eyes, he was the one who had kept me on my feet.

I took a step away from him as I wiped the last couple of tears.

“I’m sorry you had to see that.” I whispered.

“I’m actually relieved.”

“Why?”

“You’ve kept those tears inside and I was afraid I wasn’t going to be there when you let them out… but I was which makes me really happy.”

If I could blush, I would.

“Thank you.”

We stood there in silence and I made my move. I grabbed him by his collar shirt and crashed our lips together with so much passion. He didn’t hesitate to kiss me back with the same passion.

Our tongues fought for dominance and I let him win because I wanted to lose control for once. Our bodies are collided together, he grabs my thigh and lifts it over his waist and keeps it there as he caresses it.

He backs me up to a tree where he picks me up by my thighs and keeps me in place, our lips never parted from each other. Until now, he went down to my neck and right to my spot and I let out a moan of pleasure, which I guess was his wake up call because he stopped and placed me on my feet.

We both realized what we were doing.

“Oh, Gosh, I’m—“

I shook my head.

“I understand… Allison. I should go.”

I turned my heel but he grabbed my wrist and twirled me back into his chest and I could see the desperation in his eyes and I knew he could see mine. There was something on his mind and so I read his mind.

[Allison’s pregnant.]

My whole entire fucking world crashed into millions of fucking pieces. I wanted to cry again.

“No.” I ran away from him before he could say anymore and break my already ruptured heart.

I knew I shouldn’t have come back and him too. All he brought with him was more misery for me. I was better off a cold-hearted bitch.

{Matthew’s Point of View}

[Allison’s pregnant.] I thought and her face looked horrified, it pained me to have seen that. Her heart broken even further and I saw it in her eyes.

“No.” She whispered, before I could explain my situation she ran off.

I cursed and punched a tree and it broke in half and it tumbled over. I already missed her. It felt so good to kiss her again and to have her kiss me back.

I wanted to stay like that forever but then I remembered Allison and she’s already has enough problems and if I failed her… then she has nobody and I couldn’t allow her to try to hurt herself again.

For starters, the baby isn’t mine. It’s Edward’s baby, according to her. Edward apparently raped her and she became pregnant. With time, I began to like her, but never love her, not like I love Emily, which is with my heart and soul. She needed someone and… I couldn’t leave her alone.

I walked back to the headquarters and found Nicholas talking to Danny. I approached them.

“Hello, Daniel.” I greeted with a smile.

“Matthew.” Danny nodded his head.

“I told her about Allison’s condition.”

Daniel’s eyes widen.

“That’s why she’s crying.”

It broke me to hear that, she was crying and this was because of me. I didn’t want to be the source of her pain.

“You need to talk to her.”

“She won’t listen to me now, she blocked her mind.” I mumbled as I tried to communicate to her.

Allison came to me and pecked my lips. I smiled for her, even though I didn’t want to. She was starting to show now.

“I’m going for a check up, will you come with me?” She asked, I looked into her green eyes and nodded.

{Emily’s Point of View}

I stared at the fire in front of me. I needed to get out of here. I would go into a night in town.

I dressed into something sexy and sneaked out.

I walked into a mortal club. The music was blasting, it was a Rave, there were techno music playing and glow sticks everywhere. I smiled a little; this seemed nothing compared to the ones in Europe.

I walked to the bar and ordered a Jack and Daniel’s with an empty shot glass. The bartender made me show my fake ID, but since it was made by the CIA it was real and so he gave me my drink.

I gulped two down really fast, it did little to me since I was a vampire but it sort of numbed me in a way.

I sensed someone behind me and I grabbed the person’s wrist before they could even touch me. My expression soften when I realized it was Robert from… whenever, I don’t know exactly I was out.

“Hey, you’re ‘Amber’ from last week.”

A week?! Damn, I miss out on lot.

“Sure, Amber, and you’re… Robert, correct?”

He chuckled. “May I take a seat?”

I nod. He sits next to me and gives me a wide smile.

“I didn’t think I would see you again.”

“Me neither.” I answered truthfully. He looked from me to the bottle of J&D and smirked.

“Problems?”

“You can call them that.” I shrugged.

“Want to dance?” He offered, I pretended to think but nodded.

“Let’s dance.”
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT