Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter Six: Casual

Everything seemed wrong with Robert, the way he kissed me or touched me, and it wasn’t because he isn’t good, but because it wasn’t Matt who was kissing me or touching me. I felt the same way as I felt after Edward fifty years ago, I felt unclean.

He had his arm around my torso and he kept me close. I unwrapped his arm off of me; I wrapped my bare body with the white sheets of the bed. I picked up my clothes and changed in the bathroom. I fixed my hair and removed the smeared off eyeliner and mascara.

When I came out, Robert was pulling his jeans up. He had a fit body and everything. He was hot and he looked a lot older than Matt, he looked more like a twenty-something than an seventeen or nineteen.

He turned around and gave me a killing smirk.

“Hey, there.” He walked over to me. “Last night was…”

“Great,” I finished. “You were really great.” I complimented.

He grinned. “You were great as well. Not a lot of girls know what they’re doing.”

“I’m not like other girls, remember?”

“Of course not, you’re special.”

There was a silence. I pretended to look at the time and groaned.

“I have to go before my brother starts looking for me.”

“Is he overprotective?”

“Not really, but I don’t like to worry him, he’s… old.”

We chuckled a little, he kissed me and still no sort of spark.

“Um, you don’t mind if we keep this casual, right? I mean, no strings attached?”

“No strings attached just meaningless sex.”

“I’ll see you around.”

“Tonight, same time same place.”

“If I have time.” I smirked, before closing the door of his apartment.

I never had one night stands before, but it felt good to get out and forget my worries for a while.

I made it to my room without getting caught by Nicholas or Danny, not to mention Matt, but I’m sure he wouldn’t care.

I took a shower and changed into my training clothes because I was going to teach the afternoon class today.
When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Allison waiting for me; my eyes immediately went straight to her stomach, how come I didn’t notice?! She was at least six or seven months old. I noticed the glow in her face, it was the mother glow, and I envied her.

“Hello, Allison.”

“You remembered my name.” She smiled sweetly at me. I give her a nod, which gestured her to go on. “Well, I came to talk about Matthew.”

My face expression didn’t show but I was nervous, was she going to tell me to stay away?

“What about him, Allison?”

“I know you two have a big past… in fact… everyone here knows all there is to know about you—“

“I can guarantee that is a total lie, no one here knows me.”

“Except for Matthew, he told me about what happened fifty years ago.”

I shook my head.

“Allison, why are you here? Do you want me to stay away from Matt?”

[Yes.] She thought, and I blinked several times.

“I love him, I truly do and I know he loves me… just not the way he loves you. I want a chance at happiness for me and my child… his child.”

How much more could a single wounded heart take? This was beyond my capability to withstand.

“You’re afraid he’ll leave you for me.” I didn’t question.

Her eyes were glistening and she nodded.

“Don’t worry, I wasn’t planning on getting him back, I could never leave a child without their father, I know what is like to grow up without a father figure, and you can trust me.”

“Thank you, Emily; I hope you don’t take this the wrong. I really admire you, it takes a strong heart to take everything that has been thrown at you, and I’m envious of you.”

I chuckled.

“Allison, I would change spots with you in a heartbeat. You don’t want to be miserable like me.”

I blocked the students’ attack with ease. They were really uncoordinated when it came to their feet. I was able to trip them easily.

“What the hell do they teach in the Army, nowadays?” I questioned at the end of class, they sat Indian-style in front of me. My hands on my hips and I paced up and down.

Miller raised his hand, and I rolled my eyes.

“Yes, Agent Miller.”

“In the military we are trained for war.”

“And what do you think we are now, some little brawl with vampires?” I snapped back, he winced and sat back down. I sighed. “Next training with me will be announced the day before, but I can assure you that you will be wearing tights. Class dismissed.”

They stood on their feet and I heard Danny coming over to me.

“And where you last night, young lady?”

“I don’t know about young.” I smirked as I threw the strap over my shoulder of the duffle bag. He chuckled.

“No, seriously, everyone was worried about you.”

“I went to a club and saw an old friend and we… I don’t think I need to go further.”

Danny raised his hands and shook his head. “I don’t need a word for word description; I get the big picture which is enough for me, thanks.”

I laughed with him and threw my arm over his shoulder.

“Have you talked to Matt?”

“No, but I talked to Allison and I promised her I would stay away from Matt for the sake of their child.”

“But it’s not—“

“Don’t worry, Danny, I’ll be fine.” I backed up my lie with a smile.

He shook his head in disapproval.

“Where do you get all of this strength from? If I were on your spot, I would’ve given up a long time ago.”

“I have a strong heart? Psh, I wish.”

“Then, how do you keep yourself together?” He furrowed his eyebrows.

“That just it, I’m not kept together, I’m just good at pretending I am.”

He gave me a sympathetic look.

“You know I hate that look.”

“When are you going to admit you’re dying to be with Matt?”

“I want to stop talking about my personal life; I will do with it as I wish.”

He sighed and shook his head. We made it back to the headquarters.

It was night again and I was getting ready to meet Robert at the club. My door open and closes and I thought it was Danny, so I said.

“Danny, fuck off, will you?”

“It’s not Danny.” Matt said he had an annoyed voice.

I turned around and saw him angry.

“Do you need something?”

“You’ve been avoiding me all day.”

I swallowed hard.

“What makes you think that?”

“You didn’t go to dinner and every time we’re in the same room you ignore me and leave the room.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I said simply.

He laughed, but it was an angry laugh.

“What is with you? You’ve become such as bitch! You have to admit—no you need—to admit you love me as much as I love you.”

“If you loved me, then you would’ve waited for me?”

“And if Jacob wouldn’t have been brought here, would’ve you ever come back?”

I stayed silent.

“You making me sound like the villain, Matt, I left for you.”

“You think I wanted you out of my life?”

“No, no… I was miserable… and I didn’t want to drag you down with me. With me… you would’ve been miserable.”

He shook his head.

“Without you I was more miserable. What made you think I didn’t want to be with you?”

I gulped and looked down at the ground.

“I need to go.” I tried walking past him, but he grabbed my elbow.

“Where are you going? We’re getting through here.”

“I need to go with Robert.”

“Who’s Robert?!” He demanded, his eyes turned angry and filled with jealousy.

“Is he the reason why you didn’t come last night?” He continued.

“Are you stalking me?” I joked as I pulled away from his grip. I twirled around but then I was up against the wall with my hands pinned above me head. “Let me go—“He crashed his lips on me with so much fury and hunger. I didn’t hesitate to kiss him back as well.

With one hand he kept my hands above my head and the other hand began to play with the hem of my shirt, his skin against mine gave me goose bumps and made me tremble with pleasure.

I moaned into the kiss and things moved further and further, until we were both on the bed without our clothes and into each other and forgetting about the world…
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, I would love comments!! And feed back, I want to know if it's good so far.