Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 07: Remember

I woke up to nothing beside me. I slapped my forehead, literally.

“Shit.” I muttered.

[I hope no one saw him get out of my room.] I thought, I took a shower and dressed in some normal clothes.

I didn’t go to breakfast and instead I had a couple of blood glasses. The blood of animal tasted weirder than ever because I was used to the human blood.

There was two knocks at my door.

“Come in,” Danny entered my room. “Hey, Danny.”

“Just dandy,” He said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes. “We have a lead on Edward, well… a messenger came on his behalf.” Danny handed me a letter.

I took the letter and started to read.

Dearest Emily,

We’ve played enough, well, at least I have, and this letter is to challenge you. Come alone. Meet us at the same place as last time.

Yours truly,

Edward.


“He wants to fight again, tonight at the underground place.”

“I’ll inform—“

“No! He wants me to go alone and I will go alone. I don’t want any more lost lives.”

“What are you going to do until tonight?”

“Run some errands.” I said, I took my jacket from the hanger and walked out of room and bumped into Matt.

He gave me a smile that said he was happy to see me but then it faded.

“About last night—“He started but I raised my hand up.

“I’ve got some errands to run, see you around, Matt.” I slipped past him and rushed out of the headquarters.

I went to the cemetery of the city in a cab. I paid the driver and went over to Olivia’s tomb.

I sat next to her on the cold and wet grass. But everything felt cold to me; I brought my knees to my chest.

“I love you, Olivia-olive. I don’t know what to do, though, I feel so lost, confused, angry, enraged, and most of all… depressed. I don’t know what I’ve become. I’m so snappy and… a bitch. I’m… I just… want my happy ending. Why can’t I fucking have my happy ending?!”
“Aw, whining again, Emily?” Edward’s voice came from in front of me. I stood on my feet immediately and put my game face on.

I saw him… with Jacob.

“Jake.” I gasped, “Jake!”

His face was still expressionless. He looked so… dead.

“Jake,” I said again and took several steps forward, but before I was two feet within Edward’s range a blue shield appeared and I was sent backwards and I landed on my back.

“Oof!” I said as I landed. I curled to my side in pain and stood up again. “Jakey, listen to me, it’s me Emilia, your sister.”

I held my side in pain, his blue shield was powerful. I walked over to them again and kept my distance from them.

“Remember when you were just six years old and I stole a bunch of lollipops for you from the candy man? I got in so much trouble, but it was worth it because it was your birthday.”

He blinked. He blinked! His eyebrows furrowed together.

“And remember on your tenth birthday, we went to the park and you and I played for hours? Then, you, me, Olivia, James and Daniel played freeze tag and then we got some ice cream?”

He groaned in pain, he held his head with his hands and Edward had a confused look.

“Don’t listen to her! She’s a liar. You don’t have a family!”

“YES YOU DO JAKE, YOU’RE MY BROTHER, AND YOU’RE MY FAMILY!” I yelled I took steps closer.

“What—what is she talking about?” He gasped.

“Jake… please… come back.” I pleaded.

He shook his head and screamed. At the same time he screamed a force field escaped his body, just like for me and I was sent backwards again, but this time there was more force and I sent farther away. I hit several tomb stones along the way until I hit one last one, destroying it, and landed on my stomach on the floor with fallen pieces of tombstones.

When I tried to get up, someone’s foot forced me back down.

“This is what you get, Emily.” Edward hissed with venom. “You should’ve just married me.”

I laughed.

“If I had a fucking nickel every time you’ve said that to me in the last fucking fifty years.” I used my powers to send him across the cemetery. I stood on my feet and used my speed to get to Edward. Instead, Jacob blocked my attack with his shield.

He took out his sword and I took out mine.

“Jacob, please… remember you were… remember.” I said with pleading eyes.

“Liar! I have no family; Edward found me and saved me from death!”

“Edward is the liar, Jake, not me!”

“STOP IT!!” He roared, the next thing I know he has me by the throat and I’m inches off of the ground. I don’t know why he did it; I don’t need to breathe to live.

“Listen to your heart.”

“I have no heart!” He retorted.

“No, you do, if you look deep down inside and past all the thirst, you have a heart.”

“Emily?” I knew that voice; it was my Jake’s voice. I was set on the ground and Jacob’s eyes were recognizable again. His eyes held confusion and fear. “What’s going on? Wh—what’s going on?” He took two steps back and looked at his hands and grew more worried. He screamed in pain like he had some kind of migraine and then when he looked back up again, his eyes were cold again. “Fool!”

He tried to stab me again but I stopped him in his tracks.

“If you don’t overcome your demon, Jake… then I can’t save you.”

I waved my hand and he was across the cemetery as well.

While the nurse attended my soon to be gone wounds, Nicholas and Danny interrogated me.

“Look, I was just visiting Olivia and then he appeared with Jake and we had a small fight. But, I found out something incredible! Jake can over come this, I saw him fight it today, and he remembered me for a while! We can save him, Danny; we can get our brother back.”

Danny had an unconvinced look, and tried to smile but it faltered.

“Danny, are you even listening?”

“Emily,” He said my name slowly, he was choosing his words carefully. “Have you thought about if he can’t change?”

“And I thought I was the pessimist here.”

“No, listen to me, what if we can’t help him?”

“Then we have no other choice… than to… eliminate him, but I won’t let it come to that, I will NOT lose another family member to Edward. I won’t allow it.” I was dead serious about this.

Nicholas sighed, I looked at him and sadness took over me. I knew he was getting too old and had less than a month alive, his heartbeat wasn’t the same and that’s how I knew.

“Nick, you should go lie down, Danny and I can handle this.”

He didn’t even complain and merely walked out of the room. Abraham walked in after Nicholas.

“I do hope you are all right, Emilia.”

I gave him a smile.

“It will take a lot more to actually bring me down, Abe.”

“Well, I came to ask a favor.”

“Anything.”

“Well, HB is too proud to come and ask but, we need your help on a case we’re working on.”

“Sure, what’s the case?”

“Well, it’s better if I show you.”

I followed him to the library. There was a girl, or at least I think she’s a girl, because she had the features of a girl, but her skin was beyond paler than mine. Her hair was platinum blonde and she had different eyes.

“This is Princess Nuala.”

“She’s an elf.” I pointed out.

“No fucking way.” HB came in with an annoyed look.

I walked up to Nuala and offered my hand.

“I’m Emily.”

“Nuala.” She took my hand a little hesitant. She was wondering what I was.

“I’m a vampire,” Her eyes went wide. “And yes, I can read minds; it’s just one of the many perks.” I smiled sweetly at her.

“Nice to meet you, Emily.”

“Likewise, Nuala, so what is going on?”

They explained everything to me, about the ‘Golden Army’ and such and how Nuala’s brother just killed his father to prove himself. She had the map that led to where the Golden Army rested.

“So, will you help us?” Liz asked.

“If I make it tonight, I have a ‘showdown’ with Edward.”

“The King of Vampires?” Nuala asked, I looked at her half confused.

“You know him?”

“My father did, he was the king of elves, and my father didn’t like him. Edward wanted my father’s army behind him, but my father refused.”