Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter Eight: Demanding

I cleaned my sword and readied myself for tonight. I meditated for a little while because I was beginning to freak out.

When I opened the door to my room, I was met by those memorizing blue eyes. His eyebrows furrowed and he glared at me.

I took a step aside and he blocked me, I went the other way and he blocked it again.

I sighed.

“You know I could just move you myself.”

“Where are you going?”

“There you go demanding again, I’m getting tired of this.” I waved my hand and I moved him out of my way. “I was the one left alone in bed this morning.” I hissed lowly at him.

His anger subsided and turned sympathetic.

“I—Allison.” He opened and closed his mouth.

I shook my head and chuckled.

“Whatever, God, I can’t believe I blew off Robert for you.”

I started to walk away.

“Whoa, whoa.” He stood in front of me and opened his arms wide. “Who’s Robert?”

“A vampire I met at Edward’s party and the guy I was with two nights ago.”

“You’re going out with him?”

“I don’t have to explain myself to you about my personal life because you’re not in it anymore.”

“If you would let me explain my situation with Allison, you would—“

“Why should I?!”

He was about to answer but then Danny came, he had a smile.

“There’s someone who wants to meet you.” He noticed our expressions and his forehead creased. “What is going on?”

“Nothing, now, who wants to meet me?”

Danny grinned. “Little Alex. Well, not so much little anymore, but… yeah.”

I followed Danny to the library, I greeted Nuala, again and noticed the fifty something year old man. Alex looked so much like his grandfather, Alexander; he died at the night of the attack. He gave his life for Little Alex.

Alex’s eyes grew.

“Wow, you’re still the same as in the picture.”

He handed me an old picture of an old Christmas. I was holding him and Matt his arm around my waist and I had the biggest smile on my face.

“I-I can’t believe it. This picture is ancient.” I chuckled handing it back, I had it permanently stuck in my head.

He chuckled, it sounded just like his grandfather.

“It’s always with me, I showed it to my children and my oldest is expecting twins soon.”

“So, that makes Nicholas a great-great grandfather.” I looked at Nick and he had a feigned hurt look. “Just kidding, old man.”

He and everyone chuckled.

“Alex, you don’t work for the bureau?”

“I did, for about twenty years or so, but I retired early. It’s dangerous to work here, but when dad called me and told me you were here… I just had to come. You knew… my mother.”

A lump appeared in my throat and I nodded my answer, yes.

“She—ahem—was very… good with guns. She had good aim.”

“I can barely remember her… but I know she was a good woman.”

“She was, don’t ever doubt that, Alex.”

Agent Miller came in and saluted me.

“We’re ready at your order, General.”

“General, I like that, sounds better than sergeant.”

“It suits you.” Danny grinned.

“Well,” I took out my gun and loaded a case of bullets. “Let’s rock n’ roll.”

---Underground Subway---

I was at the same place where Jacob had knocked me out. My soldiers were behind me and I could sense their fear. Matt was by my side but he didn’t look at me, which was good for me.

In the shadows Itachi lurked with a smirk plastered on his face.

“Evening, Devi-chan.”

“Quit calling me that, it doesn’t suit me.”

“Oh, but it does my dear, it means ‘Goddess’, which is what you are, a goddess.”

“Why are you here, where is Edward?” I snapped with venom in my voice.

“Due to recent events, the cemetery, we can not attend this little get-together.”

“Cowards!” I hissed, “I want my brother back and if you don’t undo what you did to him—“

He guffawed in a howl. “Undo immortality?!”

“His memory you fucking moron!” I hissed.

“That was all him, darling, he wanted forget, it happens sometime when people transform, I guess your precious brother wanted to forget you.”

I scowled at him.

“We will finish this; I’ve had enough of chasing you around the fucking world.”

“It was your choice, Devi-chan.”

“There was no choice, you see, unlike you I have feelings—“

“That is what makes you weak! It always made you weak! You care too much—“

“I care for my family, there’s a fucking reason, if you would’ve taken a stranger then it wouldn’t have mattered to me, but you took a part of me and I intend to get it back, no matter what!”

“Good night, Devi-chan.”

He disappeared in the shadows.

---Back at the headquarters---

I strummed an old guitar. It reminded me of my mother, she was a great singer and guitarist. I wasn’t that good, and I wasn’t a good singer either. I just liked to hear the strings of the guitar to relax.

My door was blasted open, by forced, not a gun. It was Allison, her nostrils were flaring. I placed my guitar down and walked over to her.

“Are you going to tell me why you’re here? You do know someone has to fix—“

“YOU SLEPT WITH HIM, YOU FUCKING SLUT!!” She roared.

My expression didn’t change.

“So?” I shrugged.

She opened and closed her mouth like a fish. She gritted her teeth and slapped me across the face. Coming from a vampire, a pregnant vampire, it stung. I touched where I felt the tinkling feeling and growled at her.

I raised my hand and then my eyes landed on her stomach and I dropped my hand down. I couldn’t hurt her and she knew I knew.
“Why did you have to come back? Everything was fucking perfect without you. Nobody wants you; nobody wants a whining bitch moaning about her life!”

Her words stung more than her slap.

“I didn’t come here to ruin your life, if that’s why you’re insinuating.”

“You told me you would stay away from him.”

“Look, Allison, me and Matthew have a connection you will never know.”

“In the end,” She smirked with evil in her eyes. “I’m the one he comes back to.”

I almost flinched at the reality.

“I have to go, you better not be here when I get back, because then I will not spare you.” It was an empty threat and she knew.

---Robert’s apartment---

I knocked on the door several times. Robert answered with a confused look, but then I crashed my lips on him and he kissed back with the fury I was kissing him with.

He ripped my shirt and soon I was out of my clothes and so was he and then we’re both on the bed, kissing, and touching. Moans and groans escaped my lips and his.

He bit down on my neck and it actually sent shivers down my spine, it felt good. There was no spark, of course, because it was just meaningless sex.

A couple of minutes later, I think it was an hour later, he was beside me panting. The covers just above my chest.

“What was that about?” He asked I shrugged.

“I had a bit of a fight earlier with someone.”

“Mmh, then you should come when you get mad… you’re so… wild and animalistic, I love it.” He whispered in my ear and I chuckled.

“You got it.”